Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

The JFC game is the only one affected, Clones is only fit to take one match so Its an even earlier start!! Pity I might have stayed to watch a bit of the replay
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

EC Unique

Eniskillen's appeal thrown out by Ulster board and Errigal will play B-derry tomorrow as planned ;D

DuperDee

Good to see the game will go ahead. If Enniskillen really wanted to win the game that much why did they not go out and attempt to play. They spent too much time trying to mark the E C half forward line. D Harte  is a county player but he hardly needs marking like a forward

Aristotle Flynn

Game off again. Put back to next Sunday. I've just heard that Enniskillen just got an injunction in the High Court. Is there something about Fermanagh people? wasn't it the Enniskillen school that threatened to go to court last year over a schools cup game or something?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

snappiered

Is this 100% true that tommorrows match is off Aristotle Flynn? U get it from a good source?

4everGAA

just heard on the wireless that live reports of the errigal ciaran match are being broadcasted from Q101 thanks to the "great" Paddy Hunter.
so obviously game is definitely going ahead!
If it doesnt matter who wins the game, then why do they keep the score?

ziggysego

Quote from: 4everGAA on November 18, 2006, 06:00:06 PM
just heard on the wireless that live reports of the errigal ciaran match are being broadcasted from Q101 thanks to the "great" Paddy Hunter.
so obviously game is definitely going ahead!

I wouldn't take what Q101 says as gospel truth. That said, I haven't heard anywhere else that the game has been called off.
Testing Accessibility

4everGAA

QuotePosted by: Aristotle Flynn 
Insert Quote
Game off again. Put back to next Sunday. I've just heard that Enniskillen just got an injunction in the High Court.
thats where i heard of it :-\
If it doesnt matter who wins the game, then why do they keep the score?

Hereiam

Enniskillen Gaels' appeal relating to an Errigal Ciaran player who was booked twice but allowed to stay on was rejected on Saturday.
Damien McDermott was shown a yellow card on two occasions in last Sunday's Ulster club quarter-final but referee Gregory Walsh did not send him off.

The Fermanagh side have decided not to take the matter any further.

Errigal won the game by a single point and will now play Ballinderry on Sunday at Casement Park in Belfast.

Redhandfan

I am glad that the whole controversy surrounding the Errigal v Enniskillen quarter-final would now appear to be over and that the Ulster Senior Club Championship can go ahead as normal.  No one can really blame Enniskillen or Errigal for the recent mess.  Having watched a recording of the game during the week, it was clear that referee Gregory Walsh had a lot to answer for.  The guy was completely out of his depth and the number of yellow cards he issued during the course of the match was a joke.  He made a mockery of the entire game and I hope never to see this individual take charge of another match of this importance ever again.  Tyrone referees often come in for a lot of flak but there are none of them worse than Mr Walsh.

Now that I have got all that off my chest, I am really looking forward to the double bill in Casement tomorrow.  The weather will certainly be doing its best to spoil things but it should be an interesting afternoon all the same. 

Errigal actually go into the senior clash against Ballinderry in a nice position.  They may not have impressed too many in the opening round at Omagh last week, but they did win a close and hard fought affair without playing well.  Ballinderry, on the other hand, were hardly tested against Mayobridge and the tag of firm favourites may not rest that easily with them.  I expect Errigal to be all fired up for what should be another gruelling encounter, although the fact that The Great One may not be 100% fit is a worry for the Tyrone champions.  To date, no one on the Errigal team has taken any great responsibility when he has been absent.  Players like Eoin Gormley must really step up to the mark tomorrow if Errigal are to cause an upset. 

Meanwhile, the Intermediate tie between Stewartstown and Ballymacnab is a tasty little curtain-raiser to the main event.  Both teams play a very attractive brand of football and would appear to evenly matched.  I certainly wouldn't rule out a Tyrone double victory at Casement tomorrow, and how sweet that would be against Derry and Armagh opposition!     

the green man

What time is the first game at?

Redhandfan

the green man

Lecale2

Ulster JFC SEMI-FINALS   (Half time)                      
Naomh Brid (Donegal) 2-07 0-05 Bredagh  (Down) 

12.30 Breffni Park

ziggysego

Anyone know how to tune into Q101.2 on the internet? Unfortunately I've been down with the cold all weekend and I am unable to make it to the Greencastle v Drumhowan JFC Semi-final. I've tried listening to Q101.2 on the internet before, but it never connects. Does everyone have this problem or am I doing something wrong?
Testing Accessibility