Dog worries

Started by Main Street, March 03, 2009, 11:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I was thinking that my dog needed some psychiatric care to help restore a healthy dog perspective on strange new events.
We had a 4 month baby in the house for a week.
The dog wasn't the same, always uptight never relaxed and some frantic behaviour.
I don't think it was jealousy because I am the dog's master and I wouldn't relegate the dog for the sake of a baby.
Nevertheless the dog was hyper. She usually gets on great with kids and is very concerned and elegant with them.
But this is the first time there has been a baby around for a period of time.
Late on I suspect that she was distressed because she thought the women were hurting the baby all the time, the baby was crying like babies do and she couldn't figure out why we would be hurting the innocent baby.
Anyway baby is gone and thank fck the dog has gone back to being her normal self again.

Dogs can be such a handfull :)

Tony Baloney

A dog is an animal. If it gets out of line and can't be put back in line it needs to get the bullet. Figuratively or literally.

ONeill

Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2009, 11:36:37 PM
I was thinking that my dog needed some psychiatric care to help restore a healthy dog perspective on strange new events.
We had a 4 month baby in the house for a week.
The dog wasn't the same, always uptight never relaxed and some frantic behaviour.
I don't think it was jealousy because I am the dog's master and I wouldn't relegate the dog for the sake of a baby.
Nevertheless the dog was hyper. She usually gets on great with kids and is very concerned and elegant with them.
But this is the first time there has been a baby around for a period of time.
Late on I suspect that she was distressed because she thought the women were hurting the baby all the time, the baby was crying like babies do and she couldn't figure out why we would be hurting the innocent baby.
Anyway baby is gone and thank fck the dog has gone back to being her normal self again.

Dogs can be such a handfull :)

If you keep a dog in a house you should be ashamed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

I keep a dog in the house ONeill. What you trying to say?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2009, 11:44:46 PM

You should be ashamed.

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2009, 11:45:13 PM

You should be ashamed.

No shame. Wee Misty is a member of the family and I wouldn't stick a member of the family out in the rain at night.
Testing Accessibility

Galwaybhoy

We keep a nice little German Shepard in the house at night.  :)

No strangers will enter too quickly when hes there  ;D

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2009, 11:47:53 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2009, 11:45:13 PM

You should be ashamed.

No shame. Wee Misty is a member of the family and I wouldn't stick a member of the family out in the rain at night.

Away te feck. Dogs are pack animals. They should be trained to keep to your outside area. Keeping dogs indoors makes them neurotic, anxious and is downright cruel. It's like budgies, hamsters, zoos. It's for human pleasure and no better than circus training. I shed a silent tear when a dog looks in my eye that is house-bound. I feel their pain. Dogs should not be kept indoors nor in city or town areas unless there is reasonable room for them to roam. Shame.

pintsofguinness

You've been using that wind up for years Oneill.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

You're talking nonsense ONeill and I'm not surprised that hardstation has come in to back you up, like a little lap dog.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 03, 2009, 11:54:49 PM

I'm totally, totally serious. I had 5-6 dogs growing up, all outside. Ok, one drowned in a ditch over the rampart, one was driven over twice, one was eaten, one was shot by the Brits, one ate its own tail and then started to disappear its own neck bit by bit and one unfortunately had early signs of senile dementia around the age of 11 and ran in circles before humping the first person who moved (but you got used to it) but I'm sure they were happy before their misfortunes.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2009, 11:59:11 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 03, 2009, 11:54:49 PM

I'm totally, totally serious. I had 5-6 dogs growing up, all outside. Ok, one drowned in a ditch over the rampart, one was driven over twice, one was eaten, one was shot by the Brits, one ate its own tail and then started to disappear its own neck bit by bit and one unfortunately had early signs of senile dementia around the age of 11 and ran in circles before humping the first person who moved (but you got used to it) but I'm sure they were happy before their misfortunes.

Erm.... think I'll keep Misty indoors ONeill  :o
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2009, 11:57:27 PM
You're talking nonsense ONeill and I'm not surprised that hardstation has come in to back you up, like a little lap dog.

Nonsense indeed. You are cruelly keeping Misty against his will in your house for your pleasure. Are you telling me that you're confident he wouldn't run away if you let him loose outside your house? Some family member that.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on March 04, 2009, 12:01:13 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 03, 2009, 11:57:27 PM

Nonsense indeed. You are cruelly keeping Misty against his will in your house for your pleasure. Are you telling me that you're confident he wouldn't run away if you let him loose outside your house? Some family member that.

She wants to come back into the house with her family again ONeill. Why should she be banished to the dark, cold, wet Sperrin Mountains, whilst the rest of us are in good comfort in warm surroundings?

hardstation, ssssh.
Testing Accessibility