U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumanee 1

Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2009, 04:34:56 PM
No problem, and at a heavily discounted rate, if Friday night was anything to go by.

is it touts who are selling them?

Louth Exile

Quote from: bingobus on July 27, 2009, 02:07:43 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2009, 01:49:41 PM
Please Bono- don't play 7 songs from that poxy new album tonight. Keep it to 3. ;)

Relax it might grow on you  ;)

You may stop banging that drum Indiana, its going to be at least 6 and 7 if they play Unkown Caller.
Just sitting here in a mates gaffe in Drumcondra listening to the sound check. They sound checked, New Years Day, A Sort of Homecoming, I will follow, Electrical Storm (I hope not to the last one!!) There could be some surprises tonight!!

Bring it on   :)

There will be no probs picking up a ticket
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

T Fearon

Touts. Easily recognised with the scorched fingers ;D

I never say as many written signs with "Tickets for Sale" being held up anywhere like it before

Denn Forever

Quote from: T Fearon on July 27, 2009, 04:59:04 PM
Touts. Easily recognised with the scorched fingers ;D

I never say as many written signs with "Tickets for Sale" being held up anywhere like it before

And we all say "Awwhh" for the touts.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

So were there any lectures for the masses from his holliness? Did he recount his having tea in No 10, wallowing in his own self importance? You may like their music and songs but I couldn't bring myself to listen to that gobshite bono. The other band members must do yoga or something to keep sane.

bingobus

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 27, 2009, 08:57:27 PM
So were there any lectures for the masses from his holliness? Did he recount his having tea in No 10, wallowing in his own self importance? You may like their music and songs but I couldn't bring myself to listen to that gobshite bono. The other band members must do yoga or something to keep sane.

He has totally cut the preaching down to a minimum. Only really before "Walk one" for the Burma lady.

Another cracking gig last night - really enjoyed New years day and Bad, additions from Saturday night. The place rocked for the whole gig.

New songs went down well I thought and the remix of "Go crazy..." was very good, went down better than Saturday night I thought.

The Milky way at the start of One was very impressive.

T Fearon

DVD of 1983 Red Rocks concert on Amazon for £8 something and free p&P.. I nearly bought it in Hmv, Henry St Dublin, last Friday for 12 euros. Saved over a quid! ;D

Louth Exile

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 27, 2009, 04:36:49 PM
Just sitting here in a mates gaffe in Drumcondra listening to the sound check. They sound checked, New Years Day, A Sort of Homecoming, I will follow, Electrical Storm (I hope not to the last one!!) There could be some surprises tonight!!

First time in the whole tour that they played New Years Day and it was the first real big song of the night, no doubt.
Stay was class, I have to admit that most of the crowd around us weren't into Unkown Caller, even with the karaoke bit (must have been Indiana's people  :D ) Unforgettable Fire was class, but seemed to get a somewhat muted response from the crowd  :-[
Vertigo into Crazy tonight is excellent, it is one crazy song, great fun, super stage set up for it, definitely a highlight. I don't understand why they dropped the reprise at the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday! Apparently it was the same other two nights, it makes no sense, still an awesome song though. When he started into One, I told herself, last song before the encore (because when they have done Bad they have tended to play One early in the set). Well when I saw your man turning to the other fella and heard the opening notes of Bad I screamed like a feckin teenage girl, my personal highlight of the night. Ultraviolet and With or Without You were great as well.  
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bingobus

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 28, 2009, 04:22:58 PM

First time in the whole tour that they played New Years Day and it was the first real big song of the night, no doubt.
Stay was class, I have to admit that most of the crowd around us weren't into Unkown Caller, even with the karaoke bit (must have been Indiana's people  :D ) Unforgettable Fire was class, but seemed to get a somewhat muted response from the crowd  :-[
Vertigo into Crazy tonight is excellent, it is one crazy song, great fun, super stage set up for it, definitely a highlight. I don't understand why they dropped the reprise at the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday! Apparently it was the same other two nights, it makes no sense, still an awesome song though. When he started into One, I told herself, last song before the encore (because when they have done Bad they have tended to play One early in the set). Well when I saw your man turning to the other fella and heard the opening notes of Bad I screamed like a feckin teenage girl, my personal highlight of the night. Ultraviolet and With or Without You were great as well.  

Bad seemed to be an off the cuff thing, Bono was jumping round shouting at the others and then the Edge had to be pulled back by Bono to play it his way. Absolute powerful song and moment.

I thought they where in two minds at the end to play another tune or two. If the crowd pushed for another song, I reckon they'd have got it.

Louth Exile

Quote from: bingobus on July 28, 2009, 04:36:44 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on July 28, 2009, 04:22:58 PM

Bad seemed to be an off the cuff thing, Bono was jumping round shouting at the others and then the Edge had to be pulled back by Bono to play it his way. Absolute powerful song and moment.

I thought they where in two minds at the end to play another tune or two. If the crowd pushed for another song, I reckon they'd have got it.

100% Agree

Here is the vid  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JCqJEJ-RaI

Have a look at the rest of this guys vids as well, they are class

http://www.youtube.com/user/U2006com

hectorsheroes

Went on Sat night. Have seen Oasis, AC/DC and U2 this summer. Now AC/DC were class but well U2 are ours ain't they and when they put on a show like this who can argue about them anymore. Yes Bono pontificates too much but first and foremost they put on the best show of the lot and constantly have done. Fair play to em

High Wide and Handsome

was on u2 on sat nite. i got down to the side of the stage where the pit was and still left early. i was at springsteen 2 weeks before and he was twice the show. bono ruined it for me. i came to listen to him sing some of the unreal songs the man has wrote down the years i did not go to listen to a political detabe and listen about chinese and far eastern affairs. all i wanted was good music not a spin off from the bbc news channel.

i wouldnt be near a u2 concert again simply due to this fact. if bono wants to save the world, do it when we arent paying to watch and listen to him sing.

i was in the auld dubliner before the concert in the temple bar. there was a shaven head man playin and i got more enjoyment from him than u2. sad to say but thats the way it was.

springsteen for president
"Swing er over!"

Louth Exile

AC/DC was best gig of the year for me, followed by The Boss, but U2 was still a great gig.

Did anyone else apart from me and the Europeans go in to watch Bell X1???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj0_JdgaxLw

muppet

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on July 29, 2009, 11:37:58 AM
was on u2 on sat nite. i got down to the side of the stage where the pit was and still left early. i was at springsteen 2 weeks before and he was twice the show. bono ruined it for me. i came to listen to him sing some of the unreal songs the man has wrote down the years i did not go to listen to a political detabe and listen about chinese and far eastern affairs. all i wanted was good music not a spin off from the bbc news channel.

i wouldnt be near a u2 concert again simply due to this fact. if bono wants to save the world, do it when we arent paying to watch and listen to him sing.

i was in the auld dubliner before the concert in the temple bar. there was a shaven head man playin and i got more enjoyment from him than u2. sad to say but thats the way it was.

Funny, I left Springsteen early. Not Bruce's fault he gave it everything, but the weather was chronic as his Irish fans seem to be a most obnoxious bunch.
MWWSI 2017

Cúig huaire

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on July 29, 2009, 11:37:58 AM

Why did you even bother going? You know what you are going to get before you go to a U2 concert, I have to say that Bono`s sermons were kept to a minimum over the weekend and I didnt see or speak to too may after the gig that didnt think that they were back to their best. You`ll be complaining that the priest said too may prayers at mass next.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.