U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Sandino on July 26, 2009, 08:11:34 PM
Thanks,MDG that will help with my planning. I think I have great seats in the Hogan so it should be one to enjoy.

Came on both nights at 2055. Have to finish at 2300.
MWWSI 2017

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2009, 02:58:15 PM
Nope just other artists don't try to flog dead ducks - some of the singles didn't make the top40 for christs sake. The album has sold worse than of their others in the States ;D ;D. We're all entitled to our opinions but in my opinion if they dropped the lame ducks with any songs even off their previous 2-3 albums- it could be the best live show yet.
I'm going again on Monday- please God they'll drop the opening.Or at least change it.

Name a u2 single that didn't make the top 40?

5 Sams

Quote from: INDIANA on July 25, 2009, 02:40:18 PM
Poor opening.
Great middle
Average encore.Disappointing choice of last song.
Good performance but not a patch on previous outings. Why they persist with 4 songs in a row from the current album at the start is beyond me. Middle part of the gig was terrific though.

Sorry Indiana...cant agree with you there.... Moment of Surrender will go down as a U2 classic.....I think its is already a masterpiece.....everyone has their own opinion I know but this new album is deadly...and that's coming from someone who's top 3 U2 songs are Red Hill Mining Town, Staring at the Sun and Bad.

I was there on Friday night and came away mesmerised by the performance....I wasnt prepared for Saturday night...absoultley stunning......Vertigo had the place bouncing...Mysterious Ways......Magnificent were all fabulous.....but at the end when he started into "I tied myself with wire".......f**king unreal......
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

Quote from: Seany on July 25, 2009, 02:35:37 PM
brilliant absolutely electric.  They just fired out the first five songs from the new album to start with and it was as if those songs had been around for decades.  Noone batted an eyelid that it was all new stuff which is typical of U2.  What other big band has the balls to rock a stadium with its new material.  Not Oasis, definitely not Rolling Stones who usually throw out a few token numbers from the new album in the middle of the set. But U2 can stand over every song, every album and continue to be the best in the world.  And yes Cúig huaire - the new album, live or not is superb.

On the money Seany......
The Aristocrat Years

the colonel

from the youtube video they seemed to a remix of their best song off the new album- Crazy tonight. I love the song but the remix butchers it.

about the singles position debate, i think its null and void. u2 have and always will be an album band. Any half decent fan will buy the album and there will be no need to buy the single anyway
the difference between success and failure is energy

Cúig huaire

I thought the remix of Crazy was very good, its a live version of the  Alex Metric Remix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3QjldBDgK0
Slightly different set last night, but every bit as good. Really looking forward to tomorrow nights gig which I think will be the best of the three. I expect them to play a little bit longer than 11 o`clock as they have done on previous last nights in Croker.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Cúig huaire

I am a fan, so I go to as many gigs as I can. I havent missed a gig in Ireland since Self Aid. I may go to a couple in the UK, but I will definitely get to a few in America. Definitely going to Chicago and Vegas, may get to a few more, then they will announce the second leg of the tour for 2010 and hopefully they will play Hawaii again, will then take in a few more concerts on the way to Hawaii.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

bingobus

Brillant show on Saturday. Some great moments and Bono seemed to play his part and kept his sermons to a minimum.

I enjoyed the opening for the new songs and don't see them as weak at all. Their effect may be less as the aren't of the nature of Vertigo or elevation of last few albums but as songs they are great tunes.

Stage show is awesome but without the music it would be nothing.

Great moments from Saturday night was the start of "I still haven't found what I'm looking for", 80,000 people singing the opening verse and chorus without Bono, also loved Ultraviolet.

Moment of Surrender is an incredible song and great finisher. U2 also close with a slow song.

Heading again this evening and hope to see Bad, Until the end of the world, Stuck in a moment and hopefully a few extra songs.

INDIANA

Please Bono- don't play 7 songs from that poxy new album tonight. Keep it to 3. ;)

bingobus

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2009, 01:49:41 PM
Please Bono- don't play 7 songs from that poxy new album tonight. Keep it to 3. ;)

Relax it might grow on you  ;)

bingobus

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 27, 2009, 02:09:32 PM
I heard that Bono fell off the stage on Saturday night.  Apparently he stood to close to the Edge.

Anyone confirm this happened?

That happened about 20 years ago when I was at primary school  ;)

thebandit

You'd imagine he'd be used to the platforms by now...

T Fearon

Tributes paid to Ronnie Drew on Friday night and Michael Jackson on Saturday night, it has to be Joe Dolan tonight, what's the odds on Bono singing "Good looking woman"?

Drumanee 1

got the urge to jump in the car and head down for tonights concert,what the chances of picking up a ticket around the ground?

T Fearon

No problem, and at a heavily discounted rate, if Friday night was anything to go by.