U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 21, 2009, 10:30:23 PM
Would anyone possibly have a ticket for the special U2 train going from Belfast on Saturday, have one (got the last one online) but definately need one more.

Any help would be great.

bump
Tbc....

fred the red

Will they be singing bloody sunday at croker?

Trevor Hill

Quote from: fred the red on July 22, 2009, 02:49:44 PM
Will they be singing bloody sunday at croker?

The set list can vary from show to show, but they usually sing it.

They played Amsterdam last night, here is how they closed the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spzZsPGrzA

corn02

What is face value for tickets lads?

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 22, 2009, 02:02:52 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on July 22, 2009, 01:41:25 PM
Lets put it this way... there will be no problem getting tickets!!! e bay is flooded, have a mate with 2 sitting for the Monday, will be lucky to get half the price back that he paid!

I just had a look through the setlists so far, last night was IMHO definitely the best set list so far
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2009/arena-amsterdam-netherlands-53d64f31.html
Breathe is my favourite song from the album, good choice for opener, Beautiful Day, Elvation and Desire, great wee trio. They seem to be switching between Desire and Angel of Harlem. Desire is a far superior song of the two I think. Bad!!! I haven't heard it live in years, that would be a brucey bonus. The encore has been the exact same since the start.

It definitely is not a greatest hits set, of the new album, the one song that I am disappointed that they are not playing, is Stand Up Comedy. I thought that this song was made for Stadium Rock  :-\  Come on lads, add it into the set

It was on the set the last time they played Croker.....highlight of the concert!!!

Not every night!!!!
http://www.u2setlists.com/vertigo-europe.shtml
First time I saw U2 was on the Zooropa tour, I haven't missed a tour since and that remains as the only time that I have seen them perform Bad  :'(

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 22, 2009, 03:10:47 PM
They played Amsterdam last night, here is how they closed the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spzZsPGrzA
Class
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

slievegullion

Iv been offered two upper hogan tickets for the friday nite for 80stg, can someone tell me if thats good value or not? Whats face value and what are they going for at the minute?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: slievegullion on July 22, 2009, 04:19:32 PM
Iv been offered two upper hogan tickets for the friday nite for 80stg, can someone tell me if thats good value or not? Whats face value and what are they going for at the minute?

Lucky you. thats great value. They are 110 sterling face value.

tyroneboi

I know its a long shot but is anyone interested in one spare ticket I have for the Cusack Stand for the Monday night show? PM me if you are.

thebigfella

I've got 2 red zone tickets for friday night going, cost me 130 euro each and looking to recoup the cost after my mates let me down. If anyone is interested PM me.

Red Hurley

Going to the Sat night gig, staying in Hotel in Portmarnock, anyone got any travel advice about getting in and out to Croke Park with the least hassle.

5 Sams

Quote from: Red Hurley on July 22, 2009, 09:35:18 PM
Going to the Sat night gig, staying in Hotel in Portmarnock, anyone got any travel advice about getting in and out to Croke Park with the least hassle.

I'd say the Dart's your only man.
The Aristocrat Years

muppet

Quote from: Red Hurley on July 22, 2009, 09:35:18 PM

There is a train station which is a 10 - 15 min walk from the Hotel (Golf links that is it's further from Sands). That station has parking and you could get the train to Connelly and walk up. Depending on what you do after you could get the train straight home or stay in town a while and get a Nightlink bus to Portmarnock.

If you have loads of cash just get taxis.
MWWSI 2017

bingobus

Looking forward to the gigs and this morning I got sent two free tickets for the Monday night show. Was just heading to the Saturday night one.

Any weather forecasts. Seems to sunny with chance of the odd shower.

T Fearon

Right, who's going when? I'm there tomorrow night, dead handy as I've to pick my parents up after a family birthday party in Trim tomorrow night as well,otherwise I would have had to pay for their overnight hotel stay! It was a case of "Aw sure you needn't bother staying I'll pick you up on the way home!" ;D

Trevor Hill

Going Friday and Saturday. Havent decided on Monday yet. There are loads of cheap tickets around, in fact I dont now why the hell I queued all night now.