The college car park will be open.

Agnes Dipesto

That's me sorted then!

StGallsGAA

Just picked up 2 tickets on Ebay, one for £17.50 and the other for £22

God bless the credit crunch!   ;D

INDIANA

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 24, 2009, 07:09:26 PM
Nope, the album still hasn't grown on me.
It lacks the 2 or 3 stand out songs that the other albums have, so it plays more like a collection of B sides.
Bono's voice is getting more raspy and hard to listen to.

Other years I would have gone through the hoops to get concert tickets, but I didn't bother this time.

Tend to agree. Know people who were at the Barcelona gig . Just too many songs from the current album. Out of 20 songs they played about 7- which is about 6 too many. Very little of their very best tracks which is why people go to see them. Bono should remember that.
The reality is the likes of Bruce are so far ahead of U2 at this stage -its not funny.

Louth Exile

Not for everyone, I really like the new album and having seen them every time since Zooropa tour, I want to see new material.
Bruce doesnt jsut go out their and play the greatest hits either.
I will say one thing in comparing the two... Bruce on the Sunday night in the RDS was probably better any U2 gig I have ever been at.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bingobus

Hard to compare U2 and Bruce.

U2 will go out of their way to put on a production to enhance the music. This means their stage show is set up for certain songs at certain times and they are committed to a selection of songs before it hits the road. I like the stage shows they put on and have never been disappointed by a U2 show and as someone else said, I really enjoy listening to their new songs live. It always gives me a better appreciation of them.

Bruce on the other hand is old school. You get the impression that he calls the songs before the hit and stage and they are subject to change as the evening goes on, hence all the bedsheets and posters for requests. Bruce's gigs are unique in this and I love them for it.

I'd love to see U2 just hit the road with a stage and some lights ala Bruce. Not sure if they have the numbers of the E Street band to pull it off like Bruce, as their music is electroncially layered. Hopefully one day they'll do it.

I enjoy both of them for what they are.

Trevor Hill

Is Bruce springsteen still playing?
Looking forward to this weekends concerts. Going on Friday & Saturday, may go on Monday if I get tickets.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Would anyone possibly have a ticket for the special U2 train going from Belfast on Saturday, have one (got the last one online) but definately need one more.

Any help would be great.
Tbc....

T Fearon

GDA, Hope you find what you're looking for! ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on July 22, 2009, 09:41:28 AM
GDA, Hope you find what you're looking for! ;D

Fecker!  :D
Tbc....

INDIANA

Quote from: bingobus on July 21, 2009, 03:05:25 PM
Hard to compare U2 and Bruce.

U2 will go out of their way to put on a production to enhance the music. This means their stage show is set up for certain songs at certain times and they are committed to a selection of songs before it hits the road. I like the stage shows they put on and have never been disappointed by a U2 show and as someone else said, I really enjoy listening to their new songs live. It always gives me a better appreciation of them.

Bruce on the other hand is old school. You get the impression that he calls the songs before the hit and stage and they are subject to change as the evening goes on, hence all the bedsheets and posters for requests. Bruce's gigs are unique in this and I love them for it.

I'd love to see U2 just hit the road with a stage and some lights ala Bruce. Not sure if they have the numbers of the E Street band to pull it off like Bruce, as their music is electroncially layered. Hopefully one day they'll do it.

I enjoy both of them for what they are.

Each to their own I suppose. BUt from being a big U2 my interest has diminished to the extent I have little interest this time round. I just don't see any kind of method to their shows anymore and this tour just looks an attempt to sell more copies of a very average album by playing more songs off it then they should.
I suppose Bruce has just got better with age- and U2 have just gone the other way from being a brilliant live act to a tired one at this stage.

Drumanee 1

does anybody know what ticket sales have been like?i remeber going to see u2 in 05 at croker and by all accounts it was a sell out but the pitch was only 3/4 full and a good few emty seats around the stadium,does sold out really mean sold out?or is this just a marketing ploy?

Louth Exile

Lets put it this way... there will be no problem getting tickets!!! e bay is flooded, have a mate with 2 sitting for the Monday, will be lucky to get half the price back that he paid!

I just had a look through the setlists so far, last night was IMHO definitely the best set list so far
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2009/arena-amsterdam-netherlands-53d64f31.html
Breathe is my favourite song from the album, good choice for opener, Beautiful Day, Elvation and Desire, great wee trio. They seem to be switching between Desire and Angel of Harlem. Desire is a far superior song of the two I think. Bad!!! I haven't heard it live in years, that would be a brucey bonus. The encore has been the exact same since the start.

It definitely is not a greatest hits set, of the new album, the one song that I am disappointed that they are not playing, is Stand Up Comedy. I thought that this song was made for Stadium Rock  :-\  Come on lads, add it into the set
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

balladmaker

Quotedoes sold out really mean sold out?or is this just a marketing ploy?

Sold out followed by 'Additional tickets just released'  = there are loads left, come along and pay at the gate. 

5 Sams

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 22, 2009, 01:41:25 PM
Lets put it this way... there will be no problem getting tickets!!! e bay is flooded, have a mate with 2 sitting for the Monday, will be lucky to get half the price back that he paid!

I just had a look through the setlists so far, last night was IMHO definitely the best set list so far
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2009/arena-amsterdam-netherlands-53d64f31.html
Breathe is my favourite song from the album, good choice for opener, Beautiful Day, Elvation and Desire, great wee trio. They seem to be switching between Desire and Angel of Harlem. Desire is a far superior song of the two I think. Bad!!! I haven't heard it live in years, that would be a brucey bonus. The encore has been the exact same since the start.

It definitely is not a greatest hits set, of the new album, the one song that I am disappointed that they are not playing, is Stand Up Comedy. I thought that this song was made for Stadium Rock  :-\  Come on lads, add it into the set

It was on the set the last time they played Croker.....highlight of the concert!!!
The Aristocrat Years