The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 09, 2011, 04:33:39 PM
would anyone go to this? I entered a competition there on Facebook, but afterwards I was thinking , why? If I had a kid that liked Liverpool, or was old enough to understand, then definitely, but what would I say to Steven Gerrard or Luis Suarez? I'd take Dirk Kuyt aside for a bit of practice trapping the ball, but that's about it :)

I 'met' Jason McAteer and Phil Babb in Limerick years ago when I was in college, and they were doing a book signing in Easons. Can't even remember what I said to them other than getting them to sign the book. Something earth shattering no doubt.

Well, once upon a time you felt the need to go. Your ardour has probably cooled over the years. I know mine has

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on May 09, 2011, 04:45:11 PM
would anyone go to this? I entered a competition there on Facebook, but afterwards I was thinking , why? If I had a kid that liked Liverpool, or was old enough to understand, then definitely, but what would I say to Steven Gerrard or Luis Suarez? I'd take Dirk Kuyt aside for a bit of practice trapping the ball, but that's about it :)

I 'met' Jason McAteer and Phil Babb in Limerick years ago when I was in college, and they were doing a book signing in Easons. Can't even remember what I said to them other than getting them to sign the book. Something earth shattering no doubt.

Well, once upon a time you felt the need to go. Your ardour has probably cooled over the years. I know mine has

Yes. I suppose I grew up a bit. When you get older, have kids, and are actually older than the lads you are meeting, they seem less like heros.

Now I see them as young lads lucky enough to be wearing the jersey of the club I love, not objects to be idolised in themselves.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 09, 2011, 04:49:25 PM
Yes. I suppose I grew up a bit. When you get older, have kids, and are actually older than the lads you are meeting, they seem less like heros.

Now I see them as young lads lucky enough to be wearing the jersey of the club I love, not objects to be idolised in themselves.

I hear ya. When Robbie Fowler left that piece of me that idolised soccer players went with him

AZOffaly

I remember bawling as a kid when Ray Clemence left. I was shocked when Dalglish left as manager the first time. The final straw for me was probably Steve McManaman going to Madrid.

Minder

I still believe

That they are all money grabbing hoors.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gallsman on May 09, 2011, 04:35:00 PM

Gave them directions to a pub?

asked them who was batman, and who was robin??  ;D

laoislad

Team v Fulham

Reina
Johnson
Carra
Skrtel
Flanagan
Maxi
Spearing
Lucas
Meireles
Suarez
Kuyt
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

By the looks of Kelly on ESPN now Kenny is going to be a grandad again.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

King Kenny

Gabriel_Hurl

Well well well - where's this fella been all season?

Geoff Tipps

Blowitupref

Some start for Liverpool but some schoolboy defending from Fulham.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

paco

Some of you stattos are bound to have one for Maxi over this past few weeks? Everything he hits goes in!

Edit: From OptaJoe on Twitter: Maxi Rodriguez's six goals in his last three games have come in 159 minutes of play, an avg of one every 27 mins. Deadly.

Blowitupref

Dave

Its like watching the Liverpool of old. They will be a serious force next year I reckon.