The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

I always liked Norwich. It probably was Dani. He joined them and has had a decent run in the side. He started a few scored 1, a few assists and did ok. Interesting to see what happens with him now.

AZOffaly

Me to, except they beat Liverpool on the last day of the old Kop. I think the lad with the blondy hair that scored against Bayern Munich score that day. 1-0 I think. I must google it now. What was his fecking name?

Edit : Yep, Jeremy Goss. 1-0 93/94 season.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 02, 2011, 09:53:57 PM
I always liked Norwich. It probably was Dani. He joined them and has had a decent run in the side. He started a few scored 1, a few assists and did ok. Interesting to see what happens with him now.

Dani had a great debut but has been playing second fiddle to Simeon Jackson ever since who has been on fire, scoring a few hat tricks along the way.  Word is that Norwich are looking him again next season though. Poses a bit of a problem for Kenny. Another year on loan might not be a bad thingfor him, especially now that norwich have been promoted

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

heganboy

Why Torres left Liverpool- the truth (according to my 4 year old) explaining to his uncle today.

Fernando wanted to stay but his bad angel told him to go to Chelsea for money, and his good angel told him to stay, but he listened to his bad angel and now he's sorry.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

brokencrossbar1

True enough el_cuervo but he did play well. Would it be worth extending his stay to a Christmas? Is he better sitting on the bench at Liverpool and maybe playing EL (presuming they make it) and the Milk Cup games, and getting the odd run in the PL?  I think that would be better and if he and N'Gog were getting those kind of games it would surely develop them better than getting odd games at a lesser club? Much will depend on EL qualification.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: heganboy on May 03, 2011, 02:09:53 AM
Why Torres left Liverpool- the truth (according to my 4 year old) explaining to his uncle today.

Fernando wanted to stay but his bad angel told him to go to Chelsea for money, and his good angel told him to stay, but he listened to his bad angel and now he's sorry.

wouldnt the hurt caused by torres departure from liverpool be a little less painful if he scored the winner against utd on sunday and chelsea go on and deny utd from there 19th,it would be the lesser of two evils.

Bingo

Quote from: isourboydownyet on May 03, 2011, 10:38:16 AM
Quote from: heganboy on May 03, 2011, 02:09:53 AM

wouldnt the hurt caused by torres departure from liverpool be a little less painful if he scored the winner against utd on sunday and chelsea go on and deny utd from there 19th,it would be the lesser of two evils.

Yes and it would give us the chance to use the "come back in agent Torres, your work is complete" joke. Just can't see it myself, think United will hold out on Sunday and take the league.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 03, 2011, 09:26:26 AM
True enough el_cuervo but he did play well. Would it be worth extending his stay to a Christmas? Is he better sitting on the bench at Liverpool and maybe playing EL (presuming they make it) and the Milk Cup games, and getting the odd run in the PL?  I think that would be better and if he and N'Gog were getting those kind of games it would surely develop them better than getting odd games at a lesser club? Much will depend on EL qualification.

Point taken. Anytime he has played for Norwich he has more times than not played an impressive game. He seems to be enjoying his time there anyway. The Norwich fans have taken to him as well.

It would be a pity to see him sold off though, especially after all the hype surrounding him.

Kenny would probably use the Europa to blood new players and the youth squad so to play him there might be a viable option alright

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

el_cuervo_fc

Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has today put pen to paper on an extension to his Liverpool contract.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who has made eight appearances for the first team this season, has followed in the footsteps of Lucas Leiva and Dirk Kuyt by committing his future to Anfield.

"He has worked hard and has done very well," said Director of Football Damien Comolli. "He won his place in the team on merit and has showed in the last games that he can raise his game to what we need.

"To be fair to him, it's not only what he has done in the last four or five games that triggered the new contract. We have been talking for quite a while, independently of what he was doing on the field. But that was confirmation that it was the right thing to do.

"His commitment and aggression on the pitch is fantastic and since he has been playing I think he has added some passing quality which we didn't see before. He has started tp get forward more and the more he plays the more he improves. We think he will be part of the future of the club which is why we rewarded him with a new contract.

"He was part of the team which won two Youth Cups and he was telling me when he signed his contract that he has been here since he was seven. It's great for the club to have people like him around and it shows others that if you do well at the Academy then you have a chance of getting new contracts."

supersarsfields

Carragher moving up into second on most games played for LFC this weekend. Moves ahead of Emlyn Hughes and Ray Clemence on 666 games played. Still behind Ian Callaghan who's at 857. 

He's been some servant to LFC!!

GalwayBayBoy

Guillem Balague tweeted there yesterday I think that Liverpool are looking to sign a left-back, centre-back, centre-mid and two wingers this Summer.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 06, 2011, 02:25:13 PM
Guillem Balague tweeted there yesterday I think that Liverpool are looking to sign a left-back, centre-back, centre-mid and two wingers this Summer.

Don't know if he has the same contacts within the club but a blind man knows that this is the case.  If it transpires that this is the case then you have a number of counter deals as well. CB I reckon the Greek will go if a new CB is coming in. LB PFK and Insua are likely to move on with both players probably accumulating 6m(even though Insua will be out of contract the club will get compensation under the home grown rule). Aqua-man won't be back and Poulyice will move on. That should bring in 16m. Cole and Jova will be shipped out. Maybe another 10m in for those 2. I also feel that the likes of Ecclestone and El Zhar as well as Jones the keeper will be moved on. Maybe bring on 5m for them. I also feel N'Gog will go back to France and the club will pick up 3-4m for him.  Potentially if all those deals went through, and certainly the way Commolli has mentioned 22 deals this summer this is possible, then approx 40 m will come in. Names being mentioned are Baines for LB, Cahill from Bolton or Jones from Blackburn, Adam from Blackpool, your man Marveaux, Young, maybe Hazard or Turan. I reckon there will be 1 big name surprise. Outside of Cahill who I am not totally convinced about and Adam the rest of the names would improve the squad. I also think Conor Wickham may be bought, particularly if N'Gog goes.

laoislad

Spuds only get a point v Blackpool.
Changes nothing really,win next 3 games and will be in Europe next season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.