The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 05, 2011, 10:02:44 PM
Probably not going to get a long-term manager in until the Summer anyway so if they are going to put in a caretaker type then why not Dalglish? Honestly I don't think he could do any worse than Hodgson.

Well if he can't instill a bit of pride and passion in them no one can.
I have to admit I feel a little sorry for Hodgson,he didn't take this job to make a balls of it on purpose.
I'm pretty sure he is doing his best,his best just isn't good enough.
It can't be easy for him or his family to listen to and read some of the stuff being said about him.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

King Kenny

Lads,  remember that things can, indeed get worse.  A couple more defeats and relegation becomes a very real possibility.

Lecale2

Quote from: ross4life on January 05, 2011, 10:04:40 PM
Quote from: gerry on January 05, 2011, 09:55:07 PM
You can tell Roy Hodgson isn't a real Scouser.

He'll be looking for a job in the morning.

isn't that what Scousers are? looking for a job living in a council house etc...
No. Living on benefits and living in a council house. The looking for work bit is alien to them apparently.

Dalglish will lift the team and the support short term. They should bring him in now and appoint a long term manger in June/July.

Eddie Stobart

Quote from: ross4life on January 05, 2011, 10:04:40 PM
Quote from: gerry on January 05, 2011, 09:55:07 PM
You can tell Roy Hodgson isn't a real Scouser.

He'll be looking for a job in the morning.

isn't that what Scousers are? looking for a job living in a council house etc...

Classy fella you aren't you.. Is everyone who lives in a or was raised in a council estate jobless?

The Worker

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: King Kenny on January 05, 2011, 10:07:27 PM
Lads,  remember that things can, indeed get worse.  A couple more defeats and relegation becomes a very real possibility.

It already is.

Minus15

What sort of stuff is being said about Roy Laoislad beyond the obvious in that he is not doing a good job at the moment? I haven't read anything too sinister. I'm sure he doesn't need the papers to tell him that he is failing at present. While i can see where you are coming from with feeling sorry for him he is a football manager and failure to bring results means you are likely to be the subject of criticism. In his 30 odd years experience in football I would like to think he would be very aware of that!

The Worker

Im waiting on our newest member, Woy the clown to make a comment!!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minus15 on January 05, 2011, 10:13:37 PM
What sort of stuff is being said about Roy Laoislad beyond the obvious in that he is not doing a good job at the moment? I haven't read anything too sinister. I'm sure he doesn't need the papers to tell him that he is failing at present. While i can see where you are coming from with feeling sorry for him he is a football manager and failure to bring results means you are likely to be the subject of criticism. In his 30 odd years experience in football I would like to think he would be very aware of that!

I more meant radio phone ins,forums like this,some pretty bad stuff being said on the Liverpool forums etc..its getting personal which I don't think it should.
I agree with you though if you put yourself in the spotlight and it goes wrong you can't complain if your not delivering..

You'll Never Walk Alone.

King Kenny

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: King Kenny on January 05, 2011, 10:21:47 PM
"We were too offensive"

Roy Hodgson

The interview was comical. Sky interviewer didn't ask him any questions on his future.

Minus15

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 05, 2011, 10:21:16 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on January 05, 2011, 10:13:37 PM

I more meant radio phone ins,forums like this,some pretty bad stuff being said on the Liverpool forums etc..its getting personal which I don't think it should.
I agree with you though if you put yourself in the spotlight and it goes wrong you can't complain if your not delivering..

Fair enough I suppose sometimes fan forums can be a bit unforgiving and over zealous at times. Its wrong to be personal about it. Like you said, the guy isn't trying to do a bad job.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2010, 10:34:16 AM
Very underwhelming alright. I had heard a 2 year contract. That screams 'interim' appointment to me. I'd imagine if the club is sold, and investment comes in, Roy will be jettisoned for a bigger name.

Roy's remit is to keep Liverpool in the Premier League until then I reckon :)

My thoughts in July. If anything he may even fail there.

Leo

The obvious choice is O'Neill but I believe he knows the club is stuffed financially and will stay well clear - too smart for the crap that is premier league financial meltdown these days.
Fierce tame altogether

heganboy

there is a huge problem, and sacking Roy may not provide an immediate answer.

There are 3 issues:

• getting an improved performance from the existing players
  • getting rid of the wage bill that is not contributing to the team
  • attracting quality new players

Do you think that Kenny will be sufficiently strong in all 3 areas?

If he can lift the key players sufficiently, is there enough young talent at the club to at least preserve premiership status without a splurge in this transfer window. If that was where we were by year end- mid table obscurity, low wage bill, young players coming through and a plan on financially stable growth for the club with an agreed stadium upgrade -I'd take it now. However if thats what we're in for then we need the owners to come out and state that they will be aggressive in the transfer market and we need the key players to accept that...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity