The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

I see Kelly got a goal for englands U21's last nite on his debut.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 11, 2010, 04:10:09 PM
I see Kelly got a goal for englands U21's last nite on his debut.

Have high hopes for the lad. About time the academy produced some players for the first team.

blewuporstuffed

looks like the poulson transfer is going ahead, should be a liverpool player by tommorrow acording to the Echo.

Liverpool being liked with Gerra from fulham now aswell.  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

flog the lot

Juventus agree to transfer Poulsen to Liverpool
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=813824&sec=transfers&cc=5739

still feel we need to sign a new left back...

AZOffaly

This moved fast.

The 30-year-old, who has been capped 77 times by Denmark, arrives from Italian giants Juventus and will wear the No.28 shirt.

Poulsen has previously worked with Roy Hodgson at FC Copenhagen, where he was given his first big break by the current Reds boss.

Stay tuned to Liverpoolfc.tv for the first interview with Christian Poulsen on our new LFCTV Online service, which is launching shortly.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneboi

Is Figueroa still on Hodgsons radar?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Minder on August 12, 2010, 11:31:23 AM
Quote from: tyroneboi on August 12, 2010, 11:25:02 AM

I hope so.
any other options for a left back being touted or is figueroa the most likely if anyone?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 12, 2010, 11:47:07 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 12, 2010, 11:31:23 AM
Quote from: tyroneboi on August 12, 2010, 11:25:02 AM

I hope so.
any other options for a left back being touted or is figueroa the most likely if anyone?

Saw Warnock being mentioned somewhere today.

AidyMac

Read somewhere that he is going to offer Villa 14m for Warnock and Petrov

Bit over the top I think.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AidyMac on August 12, 2010, 12:47:48 PM
Read somewhere that he is going to offer Villa 14m for Warnock and Petrov

Bit over the top I think.

A bit over the top????  Ridiculous in my view and papers filling space with the unrest in Villa at the minute.  Warnock may come back for £3-5m  but Petrov is 31 and well past the sell by date.  Given the fact that Poulsen has just signed the last thing needed is another central MF, even if Masch goes. 

Warnock would be a decent, and I emphasise decent, as opposed to good signing.  The one thing he has over Aurelio and Insua is that he is a defender as opposed to an attacking FB.  I would rather keep the £14m ::) and invest in a top quality FB and second striker.

Carmen Stateside

Think Poulsen will be a decent signing, has alot of experience around different leagues in Europe.  Any latest on Masch? 
If Insua stays i think we are okay for full backs as Wilson Agger and Carra can cover as fullbacks aswell.  Striker is my main worry now.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteLiverpool FC close in on Middlesbrough keeper Brad Jones

Aug 12 2010
by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL were today closing in on a deal to bring Middlesbrough keeper Brad Jones to Anfield.

Roy Hodgson has been eager to bring in experienced cover for undisputed number one Pepe Reina and the Liverpool boss has had Jones in mind for some time.

The Reds made an unsuccessful £2m bid for the Australian international last week but have subsequently returned with an improved offer.

It is understood Middlesbrough have now accepted that offer and Jones is set to begin the process of discussing personal terms.

Born in Western Australia, Jones signed professional forms with Middlesbrough in 1999 but was forced to play second fiddle to Mark Schwarzer for much of the time.

Jones did, though, become number one last year after Schwarzer, ironically, had signed for Hodgson at Fulham.

He has also been capped twice by his country and previously spent spells on loan at Rotherham United, Sheffield Wednesday (twice) Blackpool and Stockport County.

His imminent arrival places Diego Cavalieri's future in doubt and the Brazilian has been courted by, among others, Portuguese giants Benfica.

Cavalieri has started all Liverpool's games in pre-season but Reina – who missed Spain's trip to Mexico last night – is expected to take over against Arsenal.

Jones will be followed into Anfield by Christian Poulsen, who spent yesterday at Melwood thrashing out personal terms on his move from Juventus.

A fee was agreed with Juventus earlier this week and a move for the Denmark international never had anything to do with Javier Mascherano's future.

Hodgson will now press on with trying to bring in a striker to cover Fernando Torres and, depending on what happens with Emiliano Insua, a new left-back.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/08/12/liverpool-fc-close-in-on-middlesbrough-keeper-brad-jones-100252-27047269/

Wonder how much can be brought in for Cav?  Never rated him as a good keeper.  Jones is also a bit ropey, but maybe the club will make a bit of money back on the Brazilian. 

Read a report that Chief scout met with Fiorentina President and someone from Inter in relation to Masch and Insua.  If these 2 deals go through they are likely to net around £30m.  Say the club sells Cav and gets £3m, also they have brought in £9m for Riera and Bennyoun.  That us a total in of £41m!!!  No money out on Cole, £4.5m on Poulsen, Jones £2m, Jovanovic free, there is potentially a fair bit of dough left there.  Now, if the manager sees any of it is another story, but even so it is still decent business so far. 

Geoff Tipps

QuoteNo money out on Cole, £4.5m on Poulsen, Jones £2m, Jovanovic free, there is potentially a fair bit of dough left there.  Now, if the manager sees any of it is another story, but even so it is still decent business so far.

Yeah potentially a fair bit to service loans!
If that money does become available for transfers a striker has to be the main priority. If Torres gets injured we're reliant on Ngog or players who are not out and out strikers stepping in to do a job.