Previous topic - Next topic

WaterBoy

Quote from: Hound on July 22, 2010, 06:53:01 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 21, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
New manager, same old shambles!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/19043/
No big deal.

Cole has 10, Jovo 11 and Rieira loses his

Jovanovic has got Xabi's old no. 14 according to the official site, although they did say he was no. 10 last week so who knows  ;D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/get-cole-10-on-your-back
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2010, 03:52:33 PM

3) I hope he gives a few of the younger lads a chance, like Kelly and Darby, Pacheco, Nemeth and co.

I'd be hopeful that if all those things happen we may start to be a decent side to look at, we may unearth a couple of young lads and we also might just get the results to get us back among the top 4 again.

Nemeth is being shown the door. On loan in Greece last year with AEK, did alright, but didnt set the world alight, so they reckon he's not good enough for top level. Plus they reckon Della Valle the young Finn is the better prospect.

Kelly, Darby and Ayala all played in the friendly last night, and all did reasonably well. Amoo and Ecclestone showed glimpses of excitement on the wings. First time I've seen Shelvey and he's not what I expected. A big lad, shaven head, looks like a gurrier. Impressed me the way he got involved, demanded the ball, but wasnt on that long and it was a dreadful game so it was hard to pay attention. Roy Evans was co-commentator and picked out Ayala as man of the match and Degen as the worst player on the pitch (not in those words, but kept giving out about him). Both probably fair comment.

Pacheco scored two goals for Spain in the U21 championships v Portugal. Goals here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ddWbExV5g&feature

El Zhar also been shown the door apparently.

GalwayBayBoy

Young Pacheco should definitely be held on to. That lad will be a real good player in a couple of years.

El Zahr just don't think he'll ever be up to it. Nemeth is a good finisher but perhaps a bit lightweight to make it especially in England.

gawa316

Didn't El Zhar jointly win player of the tournament at some underage comp with a certain Mr Messi?...oh what could've been :o

supersub

Quote from: Hound on July 22, 2010, 06:53:01 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 21, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
New manager, same old shambles!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/19043/
No big deal.

Cole has 10, Jovo 11 and Rieira loses his

Cole got 10 and Jovanovic didnt mind swapping shirts as it doesnt mean much to him! So hes got 14! No big deal! Liverpool website even said any orders made before the confirmation will be changed to the right number!

quit yo jibbajabba

The Real Laoislad

Liverpool will play Macedonian giants Rabotnicki in 3rd qualifying of Europa League...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2010, 10:05:12 AM
Liverpool will play Macedonian giants Rabotnicki in 3rd qualifying of Europa League...

Who? What sort of bucket, third rate teams do they let into this competition. It's getting farcical at this stage. Thinking about, Rabotnicki can't be much good either.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 23, 2010, 12:41:39 PM

Who? What sort of bucket, third rate teams do they let into this competition. It's getting farcical at this stage. Thinking about, Rabotnicki can't be much good either.

Boom boom :D

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 23, 2010, 12:41:39 PM

I think Cliftonville are through to the same stage??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

AZOffaly

Are Shamrock Rovers playing Juve? What about Sporting Fingal?

supersub

Stongly linked with Huntelaar, and Woy says hes looking at strengthening both ends of the pitch. Looks a lot more like what fans expect in the transfer market with the pool! None of this £3m here and £2m there for 2nd rate foreigners!!!

under the bar

QuoteStongly linked with Huntelaar

He's lost his way big time so wouldn't cost that much you would think

The Real Laoislad

Ngog to WBA for €3.6 million?
A bag of chips would be plenty so €3.6mill would be great
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J OGorman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2010, 01:45:43 PM
Ngog to WBA for €3.6 million?
A bag of chips would be plenty so €3.6mill would be great

more good business if it happens...not losing the run of myself by any means, but getting a more optimistic feel about the season ahead

btw...who is a **** in your signature? just nosey