The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on October 02, 2009, 04:45:33 PM
What are the thoughts on Sundays big game lads. If Liverpool loss this they are falling a bit far behind to be considered title challengers but if they win they are right in the fight. Bit of a thin line there but it is probably close to the truth.

If we lose we're still only 6 points behind. Hardly irretrievable in early October. League table is hardly worth looking at until after Christmas unless you've fallen 15+ points behind.

Hound

Well Torres certainly has the doing of JT. Albeit presumably Chelsea will try and keep the two of them apart. And Kuyt is the type of right winger that Ashley Cole doesnt like.

Liverpool will need to break even in the centre of midfield. If Mascherano plays, we will achieve that, if not we probably won't.

Always worried about Drogba.

And very worried about their big men from set pieces.

I predict Chelsea will score at least 2. Liverpool could score anywhere between 0 and 4.

EC Unique

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 02, 2009, 04:53:23 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 02, 2009, 04:45:33 PM
What are the thoughts on Sundays big game lads. If Liverpool loss this they are falling a bit far behind to be considered title challengers but if they win they are right in the fight. Bit of a thin line there but it is probably close to the truth.

If we lose we're still only 6 points behind. Hardly irretrievable in early October. League table is hardly worth looking at until after Christmas unless you've fallen 15+ points behind.

I know what you are saying and agree. What I said is what the Media will be sensationly reporting ::). Should have made that clear.

bingobus

Big thing is to avoid defeat. The defence not playing well, so Chelsea and Drogba will fancy their chances. Carra will have to pull out a big display like last year and it will be important for Lucas and Masch to put up a good protection to the back four.

Can still see Liverpool scoring one with Torres hitting form. Need a big game from Gerrard, who has been disappointing so far by his own high standards.

Its not a title decider but it would be good for confidence to take something from game and leave chelsea with 1 pt from 2 games.

I'd take a 1-1 draw, with Liverpool scoring first.

GalwayBayBoy

You would have to worry about Drogba alright. The big diving tart often seems to score against us even when we are defending well. Let alone how we're defending at the moment. That said Torres often scores against Chelsea as well.

supersarsfields

Hopefully if Masch is fit then he'll help to cover the back four better than either Aurelio or Lucas would be able to.

On another note i was reading in the Mirror there today that Aqualaini (sp) should be fit in 3-4 weeks. It also said that if Liverpool  can get him fit and keep him that way he's worth £10 M more than they paid for him. Can't remember who the jorno was that was saying it tho. But I suppose that's a pretty big if.

Would be very vary of Drogba the way our defence are playing at the minute. If fully fit I'd prob go for Aurelio at lb rather than Insua.

Reina
Johnston Carragher Skertle Aurelio
Lucas Masch
Kuty Gerrard Benny
Torres

Cúig huaire

Hope I am wrong but I can see Liverpool getting a real hiding tomorrow.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

new devil

Class of 99

I think Rafa should play Riera today with Yossi being used as an impact sub.
Im not Rieras biggest fan but just feel he gives us better shape something that is needed in the big games.
Plus if he hugs the touchline there right full (not going to attempt spelling this early) will have to look after him rather than bomb forward.
Stevie will need a big game I take it Essien will be assigned to him?
I think we can win this one but a draw would still be a good result away from home, especially after events at Old Trafford yesterday  ;D

Carmen Stateside

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua, Riera, Mascherano, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Agger, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Benayoun, Babel, Ngog.

Ulster Exile

I'm a little worried about Insua at left-back today, I think Chelsea will target that position. I know he's still a bit rusty but would have far rathered Aurelio in there.

nutsy--1

Quote from: Ulster Exile on October 04, 2009, 03:23:12 PM
I'm a little worried about Insua at left-back today, I think Chelsea will target that position. I know he's still a bit rusty but would have far rathered Aurelio in there.

What about Lucas, he'll be one of chelsea's best players today. >:(