The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Would Benteke fit in with the Liverpool system?

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 09, 2013, 10:51:43 AM
http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/football-transfer-rumours-benteke-hands-in-transfer-request-9-july908165

Right, who's going to start the bidding for this fella? Cracking player, kept the Vile up on his own last year.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersub

Obviously engineering a move as knows someone is interested.

ziggy90

Are you Captain Obvious in disguise?  :P
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

supersub

No that's why the first word in my sentence was obviously  :-*

superblues

has Liverpool a new home kit this season?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: superblues on July 10, 2013, 10:01:10 PM
has Liverpool a new home kit this season?
Yeah. It's been on sale for a while.

Bingo

The former great Liverpool player and terrible manager Graeme Souness is holidaying in Castleblayney this week with his family (I know, can't figure it out either)

Anyways, one of the lads was chatting with him last night, said he was sound and happy to sit and have the craic for a good 30minutes. The lad that was talking to him would have no bother talking, Souness even invited him to take his kids down to the lake today to join his kids as they where kayaking and doing other stuff.

Anyways on Liverpool he said the following:
- The view is that it be a massive blow to sell Suarez when they outside the CL. They very reluctant to sell him, as they are finding it hard to attract players as it stands and he would be too hard to replace with a player of similar standing. If they had CL football, they could sell him and replace him with. Selling him would send out the signal that Liverpool are a selling club.
- He doesn't think Liverpool can win the league in the immediate future or even beyond that, other teams too strong and too wealthy
- Liverpool need new owners, the yanks aren't long term owners and a change needs to be made to take the club forward.
- Some great young players at the club but not enough winners, Gerard on his own.
- Rodgers very well thought of by the senior players.

Hardly earth shattering stuff but thought I'd let you's know.

EC Unique

Interesting one about the owners. Basically a sugar daddy oil man needed like City.

supersarsfields

Interesting to hear the view on Suarez. It would be great if we could hold on to him. As he says top level options would be limited, so would prob mean taking a gamble on an unproven striker or over paying over the odds for someone with permiership exterience but isn't wanted by the top clubs. Beneteke might be an option but I'd have a feeling we'd be priced out of it similar to Ba last year.

God14

A lot of whispers about a deal with the wealthy 'ooredoo' from Qatar investing in the club in some shape or form be it an ownership stake, stadium naming rights, or club sponsor.
Hopefully something will come to pass here.

Bingo

Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2013, 10:43:39 AM
Interesting one about the owners. Basically a sugar daddy oil man needed like City.

From what I gather, he never went into detail but just said new owners needed.

In my eyes the big fault with these owners have been in the area of stadium development and the difference it can make to the club. He may well have info that they looking out or that they have been too hands off in terms of leadership and putting the right people in to run the club eg at the very top it has been said the club is short of personnell.

el_cuervo_fc

Liverpool v Stoke    Sat 17 Aug    12:45   

Aston Villa v Liverpool    Sat 24 Aug    17:30   

Liverpool v Man Utd    Sun 1 Sep    13:30   

Swansea v Liverpool    Mon 16 Sep    20:00   

Liverpool v Southampton    Sat 21 Sep    15:00   

Sunderland v Liverpool    Sun 29 Sep    16:00   

Liverpool v Crystal Palace    Sat 5 Oct    15:00   

Newcastle v Liverpool    Sat 19 Oct    12:45   

Liverpool v West Brom    Sat 26 Oct    15:00   

Arsenal v Liverpool    Sat 2 Nov    17:30   

Liverpool v Fulham    Sat 9 Nov    15:00   

Everton v Liverpool    Sat 23 Nov    12:45   

Hull v Liverpool    Sun 1 Dec    13:30   

Liverpool v Norwich    Tue 3 Dec    20:00   

Liverpool v West Ham    Sat 7 Dec    15:00   

Tottenham v Liverpool    Sat 14 Dec    15:00   

Liverpool v Cardiff    Sat 21 Dec    15:00   

Man City v Liverpool    Thu 26 Dec    15:00   

Chelsea v Liverpool    Sat 28 Dec    15:00   

Liverpool v Hull    Wed 1 Jan    15:00   

Got the flights booked for the United game there now.  Ryanair weren't long bumping up their prices the cnuts.

With regards to Suarez I think most Liverpool fans have accepted that he will leave this summer.  If the club stand firm with their valuation though he might be forced to stay for at least a year anyway.  If they hold out for at least £45 million then he might just be staying at Anfield this year. 

The only foreign suitors seem to be Madrid and I think this could be his only likely destination if the right price is met.  I can't seem him going to another Premier League Club.

The club should hold onto him for dear life until they have no other option.  If we get another year out of him I'd be delighted

deiseach

Lovely to see all the Sat 3pm kickoffs.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on July 11, 2013, 12:38:37 PM
Lovely to see all the Sat 3pm kickoffs.

Makes a change and one of the bonuses of missing the Europa league.

We've a serious home fixtures in second half of season - Everton, Spurs, Arsenal, City, Chelsea all at home. Be important for a title challenge  :)

God14

The club are in a very strong position re. Suarez

* He only signed an improved contract extension last year. Time is very much on the side of the club. He benefited the increase in salary, at the cost of making a move more difficult
* Rodgers will make it clear to him, that his price is say £45M - no negotiation on that.
* Under no circumstances can he move to a domestic rival, abroad only
* Timeframe required to enable a replacement to be bought. If £45M bid doesn't arrive by say Mid August, forget it.
Plus he would have to submit a transfer request, forgoing any 'loyalty bonus'

We could easily get £35 - £40million this time next year, so there is no onus to sell a player capable of scoring 25 goals even allowing his 6 game suspension.