The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superblues

suited liverpool for a good while

blewuporstuffed

no pepe today, out injured

Jones; Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson; Allen, Sahin, Gerrard; Sterling, Suarez, Suso.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Great finish from Sterling .
1-0 @ half time  probably should have been more
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

FT 1-0.

Liverpool must have had upwards of 30 shots on goal today. One goal is a very poor return IMO.
Suarez had one of those days where he was never going to score despite having 3 or 4 great chances.
A stat came up at one stage during the game of Liverpool having 89% possession over a 10 min period.
Thought the Ref done everything he could to not give Liverpool free kicks and was giving Reading every little soft foul.
The whole of Anfield stood up and gave an ironic clap at one stage when Suarez eventually got a free kick.

Not getting the 2nd goal led to a very nervy last 5 mins when really it should have been a Saturday evening stroll at that stage.

Jones done well in goal in fairness to him.
Sterling is just superb.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

27 shots on goal, only 7 on target summed up today.  3 points, clean sheet and a goal for the cub with a delightful assist from Saurez.  ref was a bit of a **** but Saurez didn't help.  Played some excellent possession football in the first half but the International matches told on the legs I think and shows the paucity of the squad. 

Sterling excellent and Jones assured in Pepe's absence.  Moving up slowly and surely now lets get a striker in in January.

J70

Quote from: superblues on October 20, 2012, 01:14:34 PM

Yes, until he revealed his true colours.

GalwayBayBoy

superblues

Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2012, 07:44:12 PM

saurez has showed his true colours a couple off times

J70

Quote from: superblues on October 21, 2012, 10:05:08 AM

Figured that would be the response.

I agree the club handled the Evra issue poorly, no matter whether they believed Suarez to be guilty. With Diouf however, there were no extenuating circumstances whatsoever, even disregarding the rest of his professional conduct.

As to the diving stuff, show me a club who does NOT have a player like Suarez.

In addition, while Suarez may be a bollocks on the field, but at least he's not a lowlife personally, unlike certain players lauded by United fans. So get off your f**king high horse.

NAG1

Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2012, 03:09:21 PM
Quote from: superblues on October 21, 2012, 10:05:08 AM

Figured that would be the response.

I agree the club handled the Evra issue poorly, no matter whether they believed Suarez to be guilty. With Diouf however, there were no extenuating circumstances whatsoever, even disregarding the rest of his professional conduct.

As to the diving stuff, show me a club who does NOT have a player like Suarez.

In addition, while Suarez may be a bollocks on the field, but at least he's not a lowlife personally, unlike certain players lauded by United fans. So get off your f**king high horse.

Just curious as to who this refers to J70?

stew

Quote from: laoislad on October 20, 2012, 04:57:59 PM
FT 1-0.

Liverpool must have had upwards of 30 shots on goal today. One goal is a very poor return IMO.
Suarez had one of those days where he was never going to score despite having 3 or 4 great chances.
A stat came up at one stage during the game of Liverpool having 89% possession over a 10 min period.
Thought the Ref done everything he could to not give Liverpool free kicks and was giving Reading every little soft foul.
The whole of Anfield stood up and gave an ironic clap at one stage when Suarez eventually got a free kick.

Not getting the 2nd goal led to a very nervy last 5 mins when really it should have been a Saturday evening stroll at that stage.

Jones done well in goal in fairness to him.
Sterling is just superb.

Well you are right about Sterling, he is superb, as for the rest, why is it that you seem to think Liverpool always get a raw deal from the officials?

Liverpool are playing great football but they lack an out and out goalscorer, Dempsey is a good player and I think they should have paid to get him, he would have had three or four in that game, the game also showed Suarez up for what he has become, a tremendous, exciting talent who can't deliver goals when his team need them the most.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that Suarez is your classic number 7. Creator, tormentor and will chip in with some goals, but he is not, was not and never will be a pure number 9. He is not a clinical finisher. Imagine what Fowler would have done with Suarez setting him up?

NAG1

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 22, 2012, 04:01:30 PM
I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that Suarez is your classic number 7. Creator, tormentor and will chip in with some goals, but he is not, was not and never will be a pure number 9. He is not a clinical finisher. Imagine what Fowler would have done with Suarez setting him up?

Anyone who watched the Chelsea Spurs game at the weekend would maybe think you had a lucky escape by not buying Dempsey.

AZOffaly

I don't think Dempsey is a number 9 either. Not the one I mean. You know who is? Torres. I'm on record here as saying I'd have driven him back to Liverpool (well, sort of) if he'd come during the summer.

Geoff Tipps