The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: AFS on November 25, 2009, 10:33:20 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 25, 2009, 10:25:36 PM
Celtic still have a very slim chance of making it, but more or less out given the way they have been playing.

Liverpool should go full out to win the Europa league, it is a European trophy after all and its not as if Liverpool can pick and choose what competitions they want to win. There are some good teams in it, and always some very exciting games. I enjoyed City's cup run last year in it. As a City fan I would want to win any competition at all that City are in, even if it's just the Carling Cup, im sure most other fans would be the same.

Good article here on the Europa League - http://www.football365.com/john_nicholson/0,17033,8746_5719249,00.html

They say teams give it a lack of respect, which they do but only because UEFA have it scheduled wrong meaning teams disrespect it. This is due to all the games being crammed in on a Thursday night. Teams then have to play their league games on a Sunday and have very little time to prepare, especially if they have a long trip on the Thursday. If they want to make it as important for clubs to compete in as the Champions League then UEFA must treat it the same. Why not have the Champions League and Europa Leage on alternative weeks and continue with the Tuesday/Wednesday games? If the games are on here broadcast on ITV, BBC, Sky etc as opposed to a Thursday night and consigned to ITV 4, Five, Eurosport etc, then there will be more interest in the Europa League, and also make it a more attractive competitions for clubs to compete in.

Would make it very difficult to play cup competitions in a lot of countries.

Could be a sticking point. Add in international breaks as well.

Minus15

Does anyone know if there is country protection up until the quarter finals of the europa league?

bingobus

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 26, 2009, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 26, 2009, 03:20:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzqzUjg2JMk&feature=player_embedded

Hitler does it again :D :D

I hate these hitler yokes, none of them have ever been funny

In fairness the first time I seen it, think it was Celtic and Rangers, I did like it a lot. Now even Jedward have one. Its boring at this stage.

EC Unique

Quote from: bingobus on November 26, 2009, 03:44:16 PM
Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 26, 2009, 03:38:35 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 26, 2009, 03:20:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzqzUjg2JMk&feature=player_embedded

Hitler does it again :D :D

I hate these hitler yokes, none of them have ever been funny

In fairness the first time I seen it, think it was Celtic and Rangers, I did like it a lot. Now even Jedward have one. Its boring at this stage.

I know they are getting a bit played out but still a bit funny. Great piece of film that lends itself very well to this type of thing.

Silky

Dubai is bust. The good side is that we had a lucky escape. On the down side there's no white Knight coming to get rid of the Yanks!

This is really bad news. Worse than going out of the Champions League.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/1126/dubai.html

EC Unique

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FormGuide

Near bottom of the form table clash tomorrow. Both teams desperately needing a win but I think a score draw is on the cards.

Lecale2

Did you post that in the wrong place Silky?

mountainboii

Have Liverpool any defenders that can win headers? Dodgy as fcuk at the back.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Cant complain to be going in 1 up.  The big man for Everton in the middle is controlling the game.  Ngog has been growing on me but the thing that bugs me is that he has to take that extra touch everytime and ends up getting crowded out.  Johnson needs to watch that little Russian a little closer.  Can only improve ..right?

Carmen Stateside

Not the best performance but a win is a win and a much needed 3 points.  Lucas was superb second half along with reina who made a few world class saves.  Still no Aquilani?

Minus15

Delighted with the win. Team showed fight, character and desire whatever you want to call it shows that they are up for the challenge.

Got plenty of luck today but very happy with the way we dealt with what was a tremendous amount of pressure from Everton.

Its unlikely that we will see free flowing football for a few weeks yet. Hopefully the win and the clean sheet (the first away from home in the league this season) restores some confidence going to Blackburn next week.

Ngog tried hard but today struggled at times. To be fair we found it very difficult to keep the ball all over the park today, not just up front.

Rafa talked the other day about Aquilani. Said he wants to use him when the games aren't so tight to give him the best opportunity to make a good start and put his injuries behind him. Thats faiir enough I think and didn't expect to see him today. Hopefully we could see him for a half an hour next week and maybe start against Fiorentina.

Anyway a week to prepare for the next game and hopefully have Torres back soon and things will hopefully look better come the new year!