The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Thought it was a woeful performance to be honest. As bad a display in the derby since we lost 3-0 a few years back. We were awful for most of the game and only for the brilliant Pepe Reina we surely would have conceded a couple of goals. After we went ahead we barely strung three passes together again until Kuyt made it 2-0. Everton gave up after that.

That said I'm grateful for the win and 3 points. As poor as we've been we're still 5th and I do think we will get it together as the season goes on. Bit worried about Gerrard though. I still don't think he's fully fit. Would not surprise me if he's taking injections to play as he looks laboured in his movements.

Hopefully get Torres and Benny back fully fit soon and start giving Aqualiani some gametime. Didn't expect him to play today anyway as he would have been kicked up in the air.

stew

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 29, 2009, 04:11:22 PM
Thought it was a woeful performance to be honest. As bad a display in the derby since we lost 3-0 a few years back. We were awful for most of the game and only for the brilliant Pepe Reina we surely would have conceded a couple of goals. After we went ahead we barely strung three passes together again until Kuyt made it 2-0. Everton gave up after that.

That said I'm grateful for the win and 3 points. As poor as we've been we're still 5th and I do think we will get it together as the season goes on. Bit worried about Gerrard though. I still don't think he's fully fit. Would not surprise me if he's taking injections to play as he looks laboured in his movements.

Hopefully get Torres and Benny back fully fit soon and start giving Aqualiani some gametime. Didn't expect him to play today anyway as he would have been kicked up in the air.

Everton should have won that game today but Liverpool were nothing if not resiliant, the defence is absolutely brutal for Liverpool and only for reina youse would have been beaten by three or four.

Aqualiani's situation is strange, he is good enough to play for thirty seconds in mid week but not good enough to play in the derby game?

As for him getting kicked, why dont they wrap him in cotton wool or something, he is a professional footballer ffs, getting kicked comes with the territory, if he gets kicked he wins free's/penalties etc, surely that suits Liverpool.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: stew on November 29, 2009, 04:31:02 PM

Everton should have won that game today but Liverpool were nothing if not resiliant, the defence is absolutely brutal for Liverpool and only for reina youse would have been beaten by three or four.

Aqualiani's situation is strange, he is good enough to play for thirty seconds in mid week but not good enough to play in the derby game?

As for him getting kicked, why dont they wrap him in cotton wool or something, he is a professional footballer ffs, getting kicked comes with the territory, if he gets kicked he wins free's/penalties etc, surely that suits Liverpool.

I'll put it like this. I don't think the derby would have been the best place to give Aquiliani his first start. These games are played at 100mph with tackles flying in left, right and centre. I want to see him on the pitch but today wasn't the right day to start him IMO.

stew

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 29, 2009, 04:40:42 PM

I'll put it like this. I don't think the derby would have been the best place to give Aquiliani his first start. These games are played at 100mph with tackles flying in left, right and centre. I want to see him on the pitch but today wasn't the right day to start him IMO.

If your manager had been smarter he would have given the lad a run in the last game, I understand what you are saying but they needed to win today not next week and if they think he can help them now he should have played, they ave enough good players out injured.

rafa needs to be gone, he is not a good un.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stew on November 29, 2009, 04:55:34 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 29, 2009, 04:40:42 PM

If your manager had been smarter he would have given the lad a run in the last game, I understand what you are saying but they needed to win today not next week and if they think he can help them now he should have played, they ave enough good players out injured.

rafa needs to be gone, he is not a good un.

Eh but they did win so its hard to argue with who the manager picks to play when they win
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bacon

Liverpool robbed that one but a wins a win and all the points count at the end of the season. They were due a bit of luck.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

nifan

Liverpool lucky at times - Pepe great - particularly the double save.

Though it was a great save for everton from Insua's header too though.

bingobus

Delighted with win. The display was largely irrelevant and can't understand why people have commented first on the performance and then the result. It was a derby, never pretty. We took an early lead and of course they where going to come out and create chances. It could easily have been 2-0 at ht, as it could easily been 1-1. But it wasn't.

Liverpool have played better and got nothing this season - Chelsea away - and got little, Birmingham at home.

Next day will hopefully see another win and displays getting better. We need results at this stage and take things from there.

brokencrossbar1

Clean sheet away from home in a derby, playing poorly and winning, if this was Man Utd people would be saying that this is the sort of display that wins Leagues!!!

There main thing is that it is followed up by a win against Blackburn on Saturday.  There is no point winning this and losing in Ewood Park.  The great thing is that there can be a good break between that game and the game against Arsenal the following week.  The play against Fiorentina but could play a shadow side, get game time for Aqua man and rest Gerard etc.  The ironic thing is if Liverpool win their next 2 games they are likely to be pushing for 3rd as Spurs have United and Everton away and could lose points.  Two very important games over the next few weeks which could bring Liverpool right back into the thick of things.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: bingobus on November 30, 2009, 10:32:14 AM
Delighted with win. The display was largely irrelevant and can't understand why people have commented first on the performance and then the result. It was a derby, never pretty. We took an early lead and of course they where going to come out and create chances. It could easily have been 2-0 at ht, as it could easily been 1-1. But it wasn't.

Liverpool have played better and got nothing this season - Chelsea away - and got little, Birmingham at home.

Next day will hopefully see another win and displays getting better. We need results at this stage and take things from there.

Have u thought of applying for the job of Tigers PR man bingo??

bingobus

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 30, 2009, 11:57:24 AM
Quote from: bingobus on November 30, 2009, 10:32:14 AM

Have u thought of applying for the job of Tigers PR man bingo??

I'd never defend a man that can't drive (and I mean a car)  ;) 

nrico2006

QuoteClean sheet away from home in a derby, playing poorly and winning, if this was Man Utd people would be saying that this is the sort of display that wins Leagues!!!

True, but United don't go on runs where they lose nearly every game on the trot over a period of a few months.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 01, 2009, 08:30:15 AM
QuoteClean sheet away from home in a derby, playing poorly and winning, if this was Man Utd people would be saying that this is the sort of display that wins Leagues!!!

True, but United don't go on runs where they lose nearly every game on the trot over a period of a few months.

And they do actually win leagues.... Lots of them.

alan partridge