The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Babel will have to get in sooner or later, his value will not increase in the reserves if Rafa hopes to ship him out in January which i think will happen.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on September 16, 2009, 05:14:08 PM
I have a feeling Torres might not play tonight. He doesnt seem 100% fit and could probably do with a rest. Don't think there's much point playing Mascherano either as he picked up a knock for the Argies, so I'd wait till the weekend to bring him back.

I'd keep the same formation as Burnley, i.e. Benny behind the striker. I <think> I'd like to see Babel get another chance.
could they play babel as the striker with benny/gerrard in behind?
he doesnt seem to be a winger so maybe through the middle.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersarsfields

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on September 16, 2009, 05:17:57 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on September 16, 2009, 05:03:07 PM
Come on Lads, were are ya's?????

RLL, Gab, AZ, Chris, NIFan,  anyone?

Things are awfully quiet.

No Corn here SS to jiz the thread up  :(

I know, He's badly missed.

I'd agree that I would nearly like to see Babel given a chance through the centre in torres's role. I honestly think that's his last hope!!

It's either that or the rapping!!

The Real Laoislad

Have often thought Babel should be used as a striker,lets face it he isn't going to make a winger  ::)
Should make it through tonight easily enough,If firing on all cylinders I can't see why it shouldn't be 3 or 4-0.
Would agree Torres should be rested tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Thing about Babel, if he went to Arsenal I bet he would be fooking class.

Tonights team unchanged

Reina, Insua, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Benayoun, Riera, Kuyt, Torres.
Subs: Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Voronin, Babel, Cavalieri, Spearing, Mascherano

charlie stubbs

hope aurelio gets a run tonight.  dunphy says liverpool havent brought any good players..has he not saw johnson play this year ::)

gawa316

Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 16, 2009, 07:08:30 PM
hope aurelio gets a run tonight.  dunphy says liverpool havent brought any good players..has he not saw johnson play this year ::)

Took those wankers about 45 secs to start spouting shite...why do I watch them ???

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

charlie stubbs

didnt play well there in the 1st half seemed underestimate the opposition.  kuyt a great man for the cl,with workrate and vital goals!hopefully pushon get the goal difference up

gawa316

Awful game, below par performance but a win and 3 points, isn't that the sign of champions...oh no wait that only applies to utd and chelsea.

I really have to stop watching liverpool matches on RTE

The Real Laoislad

Very poor game but a win is a win...
Really never got out of 2nd gear

Jesus how bad are Dunphy and Giles and Bill for that matter on RTE ::)

Bill  - "Would it be have been different if Alonso was playing tonight"
FFS Bill Alonso plays for Real Madrid so why asK that f**king question,Its not like he was dropped for tonights game

Dunphy - "Liverpool can't put away poor teams" "Stoke got a draw there,Hull got a draw there"
f**k off Dunphy that was last season,they have beaten Stoke 4-0 this year and Burnley also 4-0 so how do you make out they can't put away bad teams..this is a new season forget about last season
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 16, 2009, 10:25:48 PM

FFS Bill Alonso plays for Real Madrid so why asK that f**king question,Its not like he was dropped for tonights game

Dunphy - "Liverpool can't put away poor teams" "Stoke got a draw there,Hull got a draw there"
f**k off Dunphy that was last season,they have beaten Stoke 4-0 this year and Burnley also 4-0 so how do you make out they can't put away bad teams..this is a new season forget about last season

Couple of other gems, Bill, 'Can you count Liverpool out of it after tonight?' or words to that effect

Dunphy, 'Reina could've gave away a penalty there. If Reina touched him there it would've been a pen, but Reina jumped outta the way.' f**k me dunphy you really are a twat

Hound

I thought most of the team played reasonably well, but none played really well. Bad decision making from 30 yards, mostly lads shooting when they should have been looking for a through ball, cost us I thought. But a win is a win, and fair fooks to Kuyt, all game he was looking for a rebound like that, so it was no surprise that he was on hand when the keeper did spill one.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on September 17, 2009, 07:16:10 AM
I thought most of the team played reasonably well, but none played really well. Bad decision making from 30 yards, mostly lads shooting when they should have been looking for a through ball, cost us I thought. But a win is a win, and fair fooks to Kuyt, all game he was looking for a rebound like that, so it was no surprise that he was on hand when the keeper did spill one.
alot of OK performances, but not many really good ones.
Lucas was steady in the middle, kuyt & benny full of running  but no real spark from the big two of torres and gerrerd.
As usual this season johnson and Insua were 2 of the better players, which is a good improvement rom the last couple of seasons were they have struggled for decent full backs.
Hopefully this aqua fella will slot in and give that bit of creativity thats missing
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 16, 2009, 10:25:48 PM

So was your 'five European cups...' and whatever else. Doesn't stop you bringing them up L, R and C.

Scousers in sugarcoating history again shock!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone