The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Sod that, I got carried away. Never mind the satisfaction of coming from behind to win or further evidence of a bit of an upswing in Liverpool's fortunes. Liverpool have had enough history (so to speak) with Chelsea in recent years that any win over them, even when they are on their knees, is a thrill. ESPECIALLY when they are on their knees.

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2015, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on November 03, 2015, 11:00:51 AM
Think people are reading too much into the Chelsea performance. Chelsea were gash. If it's true that one of the players said he'd rather lose than win then it was a great time to get them. Nice 3 points to get cos they won't be this sh!te when Mourinho goes. Klopp has a massive job ahead of him. Top 4 would be a great achievement. Good to see FSG mkae a good decision for once. Got Klopp in before Chelsea could get their grubby hands on him.

Yeah, I think some people are getting carried away a little. But that's partly a reaction to the first really positive result at the club for about 12 months. In fairness, the performance is what would give you most hope. To see Liverpool really playing with urgency was great to see, and was my biggest bug bear as the Rodgers reign came to a conclusion. Rodgers couldn't get the players up for Man U, Chelsea, Villa in the Cup Semi Final, etc. There's no magical elixir that a manager can use in 2 or 3 weeks with the team, but he can demand that sort of effort and give them the motivation to have a go, and that's what he did.

Decent start, there will be many setbacks, but at least you get the sense Klopp has a clear idea of what he wants to do, and that involves a lot of effort and hard work. Good.

Players always get an easy ride here, I appreciate that ultimately its the managers job to "manage" but time and time again you will see players not try a leg for their current manager but as soon as a new guy comes in their attitude changes completely and generally the media absolves them of all blame...

AZOffaly

Happens in all sports. Commonly called losing the dressing room. Whatever the rationale, there's no doubt the players weren't at the required level of intensity. There's loads of blame to go around of course, but the manager has that responsibility.

mikehunt

Quote from: Boycey on November 03, 2015, 11:19:34 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2015, 11:06:57 AM
Quote from: mikehunt on November 03, 2015, 11:00:51 AM
Think people are reading too much into the Chelsea performance. Chelsea were gash. If it's true that one of the players said he'd rather lose than win then it was a great time to get them. Nice 3 points to get cos they won't be this sh!te when Mourinho goes. Klopp has a massive job ahead of him. Top 4 would be a great achievement. Good to see FSG mkae a good decision for once. Got Klopp in before Chelsea could get their grubby hands on him.

Yeah, I think some people are getting carried away a little. But that's partly a reaction to the first really positive result at the club for about 12 months. In fairness, the performance is what would give you most hope. To see Liverpool really playing with urgency was great to see, and was my biggest bug bear as the Rodgers reign came to a conclusion. Rodgers couldn't get the players up for Man U, Chelsea, Villa in the Cup Semi Final, etc. There's no magical elixir that a manager can use in 2 or 3 weeks with the team, but he can demand that sort of effort and give them the motivation to have a go, and that's what he did.

Decent start, there will be many setbacks, but at least you get the sense Klopp has a clear idea of what he wants to do, and that involves a lot of effort and hard work. Good.

Players always get an easy ride here, I appreciate that ultimately its the managers job to "manage" but time and time again you will see players not try a leg for their current manager but as soon as a new guy comes in their attitude changes completely and generally the media absolves them of all blame...
Natural reaction I think.  Can u imagine having to listen to Rodgers' bullshit bingo for three years.

Armamike

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
What will we do with Daniel Sturridge lads? I feel sorry for him, but he's a mess. He's pencilled in for a return against Man City after the international break, but is anybody confident he'll play even 3 games in a row? It's ridiculous. I think they'll have to get rid of him in the summer, but would anyone pay decent money for him, knowing how fragile he is?

He can't be viewed as anything other than a bit part player now.  Too high risk to make any firm plans with him in mind.  If he doesn't get a run of games this year it's hard to see what future he has in top flight football.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Orior

Quote from: Armamike on November 03, 2015, 12:19:28 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
What will we do with Daniel Sturridge lads? I feel sorry for him, but he's a mess. He's pencilled in for a return against Man City after the international break, but is anybody confident he'll play even 3 games in a row? It's ridiculous. I think they'll have to get rid of him in the summer, but would anyone pay decent money for him, knowing how fragile he is?

He can't be viewed as anything other than a bit part player now.  Too high risk to make any firm plans with him in mind.  If he doesn't get a run of games this year it's hard to see what future he has in top flight football.

Is there a corner forward position in soccer?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

foxcommander

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2015, 11:34:50 AM
Happens in all sports. Commonly called losing the dressing room. Whatever the rationale, there's no doubt the players weren't at the required level of intensity. There's loads of blame to go around of course, but the manager has that responsibility.

There's always a bounce factor.

For Example - Miami Dolphins. Played like champs for 2 weeks after the head coach got fired, brought back to earth by a good Patriots team. And this didn't help...

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/29/9640942/ryan-tannehill-safety-miami-dolphins-shocked-snap-oh-no

Same clowns, different ringmaster.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

AZOffaly

Quote from: foxcommander on November 03, 2015, 04:28:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2015, 11:34:50 AM

There's always a bounce factor.

For Example - Miami Dolphins. Played like champs for 2 weeks after the head coach got fired, brought back to earth by a good Patriots team. And this didn't help...

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/29/9640942/ryan-tannehill-safety-miami-dolphins-shocked-snap-oh-no

Same clowns, different ringmaster.

There is always a bounce factor, but Klopp's first 3 games weren't that much different from Rodgers last 3. That's why I'd be cautiously optimistic that the improvement is real. But it's very early, early days.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on November 03, 2015, 11:15:37 AM
Sod that, I got carried away. Never mind the satisfaction of coming from behind to win or further evidence of a bit of an upswing in Liverpool's fortunes. Liverpool have had enough history (so to speak) with Chelsea in recent years that any win over them, even when they are on their knees, is a thrill. ESPECIALLY when they are on their knees.

+1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

ESPN are pouring water on the idea, saying the MLS is determined not to let him back on loan. When we went I thought it was a possibility alright, but I'm not sure if it would come off. And the last thing we want is a Stevie G media sideshow (not of his making).

Denn Forever

What is missing that Gerrard would bring back to the team?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

illdecide

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 04, 2015, 10:36:00 AM
What is missing that Gerrard would bring back to the team?

A Scouse accent ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

deiseach

AZOffaly

Where's your man Rossiter from? He has a scouse accent you could cut glass with :)