The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteNo complaints the better team won, even though the first goal was offside and a handball.

To be honest Milan weren't the better team on the night. Liverpool pretty much controlled the first half and had the better of the second although to a lesser degree.

However Milan were by a distance the better team in 2005 so maybe it was just karma levelling the score.

The Real Laoislad

I agree i don't think Milan were the better team on the night but are a classier outfit than Liverpool overall,I echo Syds comments about not being to down over the whole thing,As i posted on the Champions League thread there are bright times ahead and with a few top class signings we could be challenging on all fronts next year
You'll Never Walk Alone.

johnpower

Were the scenea that bad in Athens ? the Article is one reason I decided many years ago not to mix with thoes animals that follow English football

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: johnpower on May 25, 2007, 10:42:08 PM
Were the scenea that bad in Athens ? the Article is one reason I decided many years ago not to mix with thoes animals that follow English football

Bit of a generalisation Mr Power?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

johnpower

I speak from experience . if 22 years after Heysel we still have these scenes then some thing is wrong . My view is a personal one based on experience of attending many games in the uk over a 5 year period . I know they are not all animals but for feck safe it still is bull shit some of their carry on .

Uladh

FFS

How do you work out that the first goal was offside?

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Billys Boots

QuoteHow do you work out that the first goal was offside?

Milan's first goal was clearly onside, and Kuyt's goal was clearly offside.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

No one else has mentioned that Billy, possibly because it made little difference, but I couldn't believe Kuyt's goal wasn't given off side.

mooncatiii

not tht it matters or will change anything but milans first was marginly offside and clearly came of his hand and kuyts was onside dnt be silly by suggesting otherwise!  but doesn change anything in a way the fact we lost highlights the need for a top class striker and a winger such as joaquin (real betis not sure how its spelt) and for the strikers id take tevez and eto'o i think if rafa wants tevez we have good chance with macherano there to help him settle! 

personally that alves fella can stay in spain i dnt want him to arrogant and not in the same class as steve finnan!  but we need at least one world class player up front ot bag 20+ league goals!
shazam

Billys Boots

Quotekuyts was onside dnt be silly by suggesting otherwise

Kuyt was a yard off, look at the video ffs. 

Gabriel_Hurl

I can only assume that the linesman thought the ball only hit the Milan defenders head - therefore Kuyt wouldn't have been offside

AZOffaly

OK. Sorry for the picture quality, they are screenshots from YouTube, but I think they are clear enough

Milan's first, at least 2 yards on.

Liverpool's goal. Clearly Offside I think.

Billys Boots

Why thank you AZ, you are a gentleman.  :P

Norf Tyrone

QuoteCisse got 10 tickets for the CL Final and sold them for £1000 stg each

sc**bag...he should be arrested and banned for touting.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone