The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncatiii

personally il be glad if sami stays he been a great servant to the club has never put a foot wrong and you know should he be called upon in a few games next year he'll do a job!  gna be hard to find cover of his quality for agger and carrargher!  we've palleta as well for cover! never mind the talk about centre backs what we need is a goal getter, and i think we should big on eto'o or even dare i say but personally i would love to ruud van nistilrooy at anfield if we could get him cheap
shazam

gawa316

The Guardian Rumour Mill

So it's not too surprising that Rafa Benítez wears a worried expression on his face this morning as he surveys the footballing buffet spread before him. The Sun reckons he'll fill the howling void that is Liverpool's left-flank with Valencia winger David Silva. Once he's done that Djibril Cissé will become the Lord of the Manor of Lisbon when he's used as bait in Rafa's pursuit of Benfica midfielder Simão Sabrosa. Meanwhile, our proper journalist colleagues report that Carlos Tevez and Florent Malouda are being forced to watch Bread repeats on a 20-hour loop to prepare them for their new lives as official Scousers. While all that kerfuffle is going on, Sami Hyypia will slip out the back door and make his way to Wigan.

Simao would be a great addition as he can play on both flanks and actually as a bit of flair and creativity. Haven't seen much of yer man silva so will hold judgement. Is it just me or was Malouda not the greatest in the world cup? Any reports on how he has played this season? Tevez would be a great buy but still think we would need a real poacher to get 25 + goals a season.

P.S. Sami please don't leave :'(

stiffler

I think we would really benefit from a player of the RVN mould, however possibly without the arrogance and the horse features. A Left Winger is a must, so is a Centre half with experience, Distin would have been a good signing but he prefered the bucks at pompey.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

In your face Man Utd :D :D
Liverpool finally win something this year ;)

LIVERPOOL TOPS ONLINE PREMIERSHIP
source  www.liverpoolfc.tv
  Liverpoolfc.tv is the most popular football club website in England according to a new Online Premiership table. 
The Reds beat Manchester United in second, with Arsenal third and Chelsea fourth.

The research, carried out by internet analysts NetRatings based on each club's share of the domestic online audience, threw up a few surprises, with Wolves, QPR and Bristol Rovers all featuring prominently.
The 20 teams deemed to make the Online Premiership are:

1. Liverpool
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham Hotspur
6. Everton
7. Wolves
8. Leeds United
9. Sunderland
10. Charlton Athletic
11. Nottingham Forest
12. Manchester City
13. Queens Park Rangers
14. Bristol Rovers
15. Newcastle United
16. Leicester City
17. Sheffield Wednesday
18. Southampton
19. West Ham United
20. Blackburn Rovers 
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Looks like United have just spent 54 million on three players. Very hard to compete with that level of spending. Either the yanks get the finger out or we'll be scrabbling around in the bargin bin again this Summer.

mooncatiii

54 million but cant really see it changing them too much, the 2 portugese fellas r wingers, so r more for cover for ronaldo and giggs!  and hargreaves £17 million for him to play in the same position as carrick so michael carrick id gna be a dear substitute at 18 million or whatever them scumbags paid for him! 

if we get eto'o il be happy!  maybe another winger or so left and right! with kewell aurellio riise and garcia all fit again next year we'll be ok i think, but what liverpool lack is real goal threat up front, theres penty of goals in the mid field i think but the new owners should invest alot in a top drawer striker
shazam

Syd

With Salford Reds already making a dip in the transfer market i hope we are not going to wait and wait until all our targets are gone........

AZOffaly

This is becoming uncomfortable like 'deja vu all over again'.

If we end up spinning our wheels for a month (excuse the Americanism, I'm tainted since working there), and signing someone like Bellemy and Pennant again, I'll be seriously pissed off, and we can write off another season.

mooncatiii

bellamy il admit wasn good enough and should go, but as for pennanat i think his been r best player the last month r so, in the CL final he was the only player to show ambition and get at milan and in the chelsea game he kept cole defending and on the back foot all nite which speaks for itself not many players do that!
shazam

Uladh

We'll give you o'shea sure. all you need is two more midfielders with no apparent ability to have the full set.

AZOffaly

The United boys are getting cocky after they've had a bit of a splurge :D

In fairness to them, United have left us in the blocks so far in terms of re-tooling for the 2007/08 season. I hope LFC can catch up with them  fairly soon or else it's another fallow season. I only hope that the reason United have gotten the three lads (assuming Hargreaves goes through) is that nobody else was in competition with them, and that Liverpool are closing in on their own targets.

Uladh

Well i don't think anyone other than SAF were willing to pay that sort of dough for Hargreaves. i think if it had been left last season and united were making their first quiet enquiry for hargreaves now, they'd get him for less than £10m.

Nani is much sought after but thankfully united have a "relationship" with Sporting Lisbon which usurps any outside interest in any of their players.

Anderson is a gamble pure and simple. he has huge ability but the bits i've seen of him he hasn't produced much end product. he's a bit like a very young CR or Robinho... he has all the touches and flicks without actually creating anything. so far anyway.

SuperDooperCooper

I think the reason why Liverpool have been slow to hit the transfer marker is that the Spanish season if not over.
I'd say a few deals are in the offering but obviously can't be announced until the end of the Spanish season.
I hope Eto arrives, two decent wide player and I would love Liverpool to get Tevez.
We need to start spending in the 20m category not the 10m.

brokencrossbar1

Some of my opinions here may be shot down but here it goes.

Players out

Scott Carson £3m
Bellamy  £8m
Alonso £14m or part exchange for E'to
Kewell - a wheel barrow full of turnips and a good milking cow.

Players in

As above E'to
Tevez - whatever is necessary
A left sided midfielder maybe Malouda Baluba
Start blooding some of the younger ones on the reserves more regularly, eg Jack Hobbs.
I know he is a turn coat and may not fit in with Rafa's turgid game plan but Owen will score goals when fit.  Activate the escape clause is what I say and get him back.  Maybe not just like it but Rushie came back and well he was a bit special too.

The Real Laoislad

Read today Finnan could be on way to Villa
You'll Never Walk Alone.