Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 13, 2008, 08:30:32 AM
Quote from: Abble on November 13, 2008, 08:05:31 AM

not TRUST ? in what way ?

Hyypia - Done!
Pennant - Useless!
Lucas - You serious?
El Zahar - Only seen a bit of him, but i'm glad he's at Liverpool!!

Even some of the other players should only be squad players, because that's what they would be at Chelsea or UTD.

Didn't say I'd trust them, just pointing out boys who have played in big fourr, or possibly could - still need strenghtened. I was a bit annoyed last night - clouded judgement.

corn02

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 11:12:28 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 09:12:04 PM
Basically yes!! When did Liverpool start celebrating second place and runners up medals??
My feeling is that after 4 1/2 years with 3rd place his highest finish, this is the year to deliver. Sitting pretty in November is positive, but its a long season and some of these second string arent up to it and hopefully arent gonna be relied upon to sustain a title challenge.

f**k you are talking some shite lad. Its a Carling Cup match go away and talk some sense will ya yo fool.

You would know all about it. You do nothing but it on the Armagh club thread about your beloved club and your inability to question anything regarding any of the O Rourkes.
Face the facts and take off your club coloured glasses an odd time and see things really for  how they are.

Brilliant reply you shithead. You obviosuly know f**k all about soccer as well as GAA

Jesus settle yourself down you muck savage.

Champions leaague was welcomed but that was almost 4 years ago. Should have kicked on from that and havent. I hope this year is the year, and it could well be.
Rafa obviously feels now is the time as they are sitting pretty in the league to push home the issue of his contract, which he is well entitled to do.
Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont, and cant feel he has no god given right to earn another 4 year contract worth an alleged 20 million at this stage of his Liverpool career unless either a league or champions league is delivered.

Muck Savage, are you not from Cullyhanna/Cullavilled direction?

You talk about pushing on, we got to the final the next year and the semi two years later, we are well on course for the knockouts this year.

League placings obviously not good enough, but we are joint top in mid-November, a lot better than the last 10 years. Possibly you overreacted to a pointless Carling Cup tie?

Still didn't like the Dromintee jibe!  ;)

Yes I Would

Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2008, 11:22:36 PM
[Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont

Out of interest, who would you have?

Martin O Neill or Corn02!!

anportmorforjfc

its brilliant to see liverpool get beat no matter what competition

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

Quote from: corn02 on November 13, 2008, 09:17:09 AM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 10:07:08 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 12, 2008, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on November 12, 2008, 09:12:04 PM
Basically yes!! When did Liverpool start celebrating second place and runners up medals??
My feeling is that after 4 1/2 years with 3rd place his highest finish, this is the year to deliver. Sitting pretty in November is positive, but its a long season and some of these second string arent up to it and hopefully arent gonna be relied upon to sustain a title challenge.

f**k you are talking some shite lad. Its a Carling Cup match go away and talk some sense will ya yo fool.

You would know all about it. You do nothing but it on the Armagh club thread about your beloved club and your inability to question anything regarding any of the O Rourkes.
Face the facts and take off your club coloured glasses an odd time and see things really for  how they are.

Brilliant reply you shithead. You obviosuly know f**k all about soccer as well as GAA

Jesus settle yourself down you muck savage.

Champions leaague was welcomed but that was almost 4 years ago. Should have kicked on from that and havent. I hope this year is the year, and it could well be.
Rafa obviously feels now is the time as they are sitting pretty in the league to push home the issue of his contract, which he is well entitled to do.
Most supporters seem convinced he is the man. I dont, and cant feel he has no god given right to earn another 4 year contract worth an alleged 20 million at this stage of his Liverpool career unless either a league or champions league is delivered.

Muck Savage, are you not from Cullyhanna/Cullavilled direction?

You talk about pushing on, we got to the final the next year and the semi two years later, we are well on course for the knockouts this year.

League placings obviously not good enough, but we are joint top in mid-November, a lot better than the last 10 years. Possibly you overreacted to a pointless Carling Cup tie?

Still didn't like the Dromintee jibe!  ;)

Ok Corn Ill let it lie. We obviously differ on how we see the season panning out or the direction of the club.
It wasnt so much the result that pissed me off. Its the thought of some of the players that may be needed in big games just dont seem to be up to it. Again ill be happy if im proved wrong.
Dromintee remark was uncalled for!! Lets be friends ;D

Shrek

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 13, 2008, 09:19:39 AM
its brilliant to see liverpool get beat no matter what competition

yep, i agree with that, great to see  ;D  ;D

full back

Jaysus lads, how bad is that Dossena lad?
Some of the players on the scousers arent fit to wear the jersey
In all honesty, the scousers just dont have the depth to challenge for a title over the course of a season IMHO

Goats Do Shave

anportmorforjfc

liverpool spend too much money on players anyway. £20 Million on Keane

brokencrossbar1

A bad result, but actually not a catastrophe.  It would have been nice to get a run in the Carling Cup and blood some players, but that has been Arsenal's policy of the last number of years and it is not really making any difference to their title challenge.  It highlights the deficiencies in the squad at its harshest, but lets be fair to the players.  The back 5 had never played before as a unit.  The midfield was pieced together.  It is not like he is putting out the reserve team who have had games together.

If they realistically want to bring players on in the club, Gary Ablett's team should be put out in this competition.  They have a unity in their play and would cause an upset.  You could then judge if any of them have what it takes to make the step up.

The like's of Degen and to a lesser extent Dossena will fill in for games at a time, but with 3 regulars beside them and they should in theory look more comfortable.  In theory!!

EC Unique

Quote from: full back on November 13, 2008, 09:27:11 AM
In all honesty, the scousers just dont have the depth to challenge for a title over the course of a season IMHO

Thats more or less what I said but 18 players were quoted that apparently can win the league but I suppose only time will tell. ;)

nifan

Quoteand to a lesser extent Dossena will fill in for games at a time

Id rather give Insua some time, but at what we paid for Dossena Id say thats unlikely

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on November 13, 2008, 09:43:02 AM
Quote from: full back on November 13, 2008, 09:27:11 AM

Thats more or less what I said but 18 players were quoted that apparently can win the league but I suppose only time will tell. ;)

Ahh now, I didn't say win the league, I said we have 18 players that could be thrown into big games.

YesIwould -only if you pick me over O'Neil for the post.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: nifan on November 13, 2008, 09:46:07 AM
Quoteand to a lesser extent Dossena will fill in for games at a time

Id rather give Insua some time, but at what we paid for Dossena Id say thats unlikely

I agree completely, but Dosenna has shown some level of ability, he just seems like he is finding it hard to fit in, and also looks very unfit.