The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: nifan on November 11, 2008, 01:05:22 PM
Is nemeth injured?
Also wouldnt play Agger.

I think he got injured while on international duty with Hungary.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: nifan on November 11, 2008, 01:05:22 PM
Is nemeth injured?
Also wouldnt play Agger.

Yeah Nemeth is injured. Still think Agger needs games before he gets back to his best, plus not sure if any of the reserves are ready but hopefully I'm wrong.

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on November 11, 2008, 11:52:07 AM
Well spuds again tomorrow night. They'll be really up for, with them being cup holders and there recent improvement. Although it is 4th choice in our list of wanted silverware I think tomorrow nights match is still important. It'll give a few squad members a chance to shine and hopefully a few youngsters will get a chance to step up.

My team for tomorrow night would be:

Cavalieri
Degen   Hyppia   Agger   Insua
             Lucas   Plessis
El Zhar     Benayoun      Babel
                 Ngog

Subs: Torres, Pacheo, Darby, Huth, Alonso, Martin, Spearing    Not sure if you're allowed 7 subs in carling cup

Pretty much spot on the team I'd like to see. Excpet instead of Yossi I would like your lad - can't remeber his name - was good in pre-season with Nemeth. and maybe Pennant for Babel.

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on November 11, 2008, 04:34:58 PM

Pretty much spot on the team I'd like to see. Excpet instead of Yossi I would like your lad - can't remeber his name - was good in pre-season with Nemeth. and maybe Pennant for Babel.

Pacheo is his name. Haven't seen a whole load of him but from glimpses he looks class, considering he is only 17

nifan

Quote from: gawa316 on November 11, 2008, 01:55:03 PM
Still think Agger needs games before he gets back to his best, plus not sure if any of the reserves are ready but hopefully I'm wrong.

I think he is playing a reasonable number of games since getting back to fitness.
Wouldnt want to overdo it.

If Hobbs wasnt on loan Id have had him in.

magpie seanie

Didn't see anyone thanking Carson for his assist for Keane's second the last day. Joke.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 11, 2008, 04:48:18 PM
Didn't see anyone thanking Carson for his assist for Keane's second the last day. Joke.

Near as bad asPhil Neville's assist for Unted in the 4-2 one.  ;)

The Real Laoislad

Don't give a toss about tomorrows night match to be honest,Might be no harm to be out of it as it's only a distraction,Spurs I'm sure will have a full team as this cup is for the likes of them.
It will be a good run out for our reserve team
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Agree with LL,i would play the bus driver,cleaning staff etc tomorrow night
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

Yous would of been glad of the carling cup the last few seasons  :D :D

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: new devil on November 11, 2008, 11:33:38 PM

What as opposed to the Champions League and FA Cup?

J70

No, despite your desperate hope that all Liverpool fans have been mired in the depths of despair over the past few seasons, I don't think any serious Liverpool supporter would have given a shit if the club had won the league cup. The '07 champions league campaign wasn't even met with huge enthusiasm, disappointing as it was to lose it once the team got to the final. All Liverpool supporters give a f**k about is the league: the champions league is a nice second option, but winning it would not make up for another league challenge petering out by January. The FA Cup and League Cup don't mean shit - nice to win either, but forgotten about pretty quickly and not really anything to boast about.

Mentalman

Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2008, 11:54:15 PM

No, despite your desperate hope that all Liverpool fans have been mired in the depths of despair over the past few seasons, I don't think any serious Liverpool supporter would have given a shit if the club had won the league cup. The '07 champions league campaign wasn't even met with huge enthusiasm, disappointing as it was to lose it once the team got to the final. All Liverpool supporters give a f**k about is the league: the champions league is a nice second option, but winning it would not make up for another league challenge petering out by January. The FA Cup and League Cup don't mean shit - nice to win either, but forgotten about pretty quickly and not really anything to boast about.

Being honest though I was f**king delighted when we beat Utd. 2 nil in the 2003 League Cup Final - for once the Worthless Cup had meaning... at least for my Utd. supporting friends  :D

I couldn't give a toss about it, Rafa should give the squad players a run out, definitely no first teamers, and let Spurs get on with trying to get themselves back into Europe next year by retaining. 
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

J70

Quote from: Mentalman on November 12, 2008, 02:34:21 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 11, 2008, 11:54:15 PM

Being honest though I was f**king delighted when we beat Utd. 2 nil in the 2003 League Cup Final - for once the Worthless Cup had meaning... at least for my Utd. supporting friends  :D

I couldn't give a toss about it, Rafa should give the squad players a run out, definitely no first teamers, and let Spurs get on with trying to get themselves back into Europe next year by retaining. 

Obviously none of us would want to lose a final of any kind against United (and vice versa I'm sure) and, to a lesser extent, Chelsea or Arsenal. I doubt if anyone would give a second thought to not making it to the final though, which is more my point.

anportmorforjfc

Mourinho was the only 'big four' manager who actually wanted to win this competition. I dont think he realised how little the other 3 teams wanted to win it. chelsea always had most of their first team playing when he was manager.

I think it will be a good game tonight maybe extra time