The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Keane looks hungry!
Agree about Riera, a few early crosses could cause problems, although he has the beating of his man!
Aurelio impressing aswell, West Brom are poor but!

Gabriel_Hurl

Arbeloa with the 3rd with the last kick of the game

Carmen Stateside

Great finish by Arbeloa!
No hat trick for Keane but a very impressive performance by him!
Top now for another few hours!
Chelsea should see off Blackburn tomorrow.
Also good to see Hull drop points today, after Chelsea they seem like the only real challengers :)

The Real Laoislad

Why is Rafa playing Arbeloa as a defender he's obviously a striker..Thats why he is so bad at defending he isn't one  :D Great strike by him in fairness

Delighted for Keane,two great finishes,We have 3 or 4 relatively straight forward games coming hopefully the momentum will continue
I thought Rafa could have left Keane on,Kuyt just isn't ever going to be substituted is he..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

LL will be extremely proud of Arbeloa after that goal. Need to be winning these types of games by at least 3 to top up the goal difference. Looks like a 3 horse race now with Arsenal back in it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 08, 2008, 07:33:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2008, 07:25:55 PM

Hiya LaoisLad  :D :D :D

Still wouldn't describe him as being a "Tremendous" player like you believe he is...
Great strike all the same
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Niall Quinn

Interesting that the bookies have us third favourites for the title, even after today's results:

Chelsea 4/5 Bet
Man Utd 3/1 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 10/1 Bet
Aston Villa 125/1 Bet
(from bet365.com)

Chelsea's price is too short in my opinion. Utd have played Liverpool, Chelsea, and the Arse away from home already, Arsenal (when on) play the best football, and Liverpool look like they have real title resolve this year (we've only been waiting for 18 years!).
I'm going to tempt fate and call for a league title Anfield-bound come May 2009.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Minder

Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 08, 2008, 08:15:10 PM
Interesting that the bookies have us third favourites for the title, even after today's results:

Chelsea 4/5 Bet
Man Utd 3/1 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 10/1 Bet
Aston Villa 125/1 Bet
(from bet365.com)

Chelsea's price is too short in my opinion. Utd have played Liverpool, Chelsea, and the Arse away from home already, Arsenal (when on) play the best football, and Liverpool look like they have real title resolve this year (we've only been waiting for 18 years!).
I'm going to tempt fate and call for a league title Anfield-bound come May 2009.

They have, and have the grand total of 1 point for their efforts
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Niall Quinn

Yeah, it just makes me nervous that they've played their three most difficult games and are still only 5 pts adrift (assuming they win their game in hand).
They've Villa and City away over the next few weeks and I'd really like to see them drop a few more points there ;D
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

gawa316

Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 08, 2008, 08:32:01 PM
Yeah, it just makes me nervous that they've played their three most difficult games and are still only 5 pts adrift (assuming they win their game in hand).
They've Villa and City away over the next few weeks and I'd really like to see them drop a few more points there ;D

Agreed.

It was nice to score a couple in the 1st half today, to take the pressure off us in the 2nd for a change. Really need to take full points in our next few games but tryining to predict Liverpool results is a lottery.

Yes I Would

Good professional performance.
Robbie took his goals well and looked sharp.
Equally important though was clean sheet and pretty much dominating from start to finish.  Torres should be raring to go from the start next day out.

West Brom poor and will struggle but these are the type of games Liverpool have struggled to convince in in recent years.

gawa316

Well spuds again tomorrow night. They'll be really up for, with them being cup holders and there recent improvement. Although it is 4th choice in our list of wanted silverware I think tomorrow nights match is still important. It'll give a few squad members a chance to shine and hopefully a few youngsters will get a chance to step up.

My team for tomorrow night would be:

Cavalieri
Degen   Hyppia   Agger   Insua
             Lucas   Plessis
El Zhar     Benayoun      Babel
                 Ngog

Subs: Torres, Pacheo, Darby, Huth, Alonso, Martin, Spearing    Not sure if you're allowed 7 subs in carling cup

nifan

Is nemeth injured?
Also wouldnt play Agger.