The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 14, 2007, 12:40:37 PM
starting team for tomorrow?couldnt see rafa playing the same team in consectuive games this season too often especially when you look at the quality we have in central midfield and there wouldnt be alot to choose between the strikers.see the sun reported crouch was looking showdown talks after the game sat.think he could be a good man for holding the ball up tomorrow away from home.rafa will also take into account that we play chelski at the weekend.

maybe something like

reina
finnan carra agger arbeloa(dont rate)
pennant gerrard masch riise
kuyt torres

though could see rafa playing five in midfield with stevie supporting a loan striker.

Would be easier to win the Lotto than try and pick a Liverpool team.So many options for Rafa to mull over.
Would like to see Benayoun get a good run in the team,Im still not convinced about Pennant and i would also agree with you about Arbeloa

I have to hold my hands up though and admit it looks like i was wrong in my opinion on Vorinon
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DirtyDozen12

reina
finnan carra agger arbeloa(dont rate)
pennant gerrard masch riise
kuyt torres

You could be right with this team Charlie, but I think he might go a bit extra defensive as we are away from home and Toulouse had a good win at the weekend against Lyon.  Think he will play with one striker up front, iw ould like to see this line out if he where to go with one up front:

Reina
Finnan Carragher Agger Arbeloa,
          Masch  Sissoko
Pennnt                          Riise
             Gerrard
               Kuyt

Please feel free to slate my line up everyone :)

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: gawa316 on August 14, 2007, 11:26:49 AM
No worries. I'll have to sign up for this setanta package now. it seems a good enough deal and the amount of money it will save me from not going down the pub to watch the matches will more than make up for the tenner.

Definately recommend getting Setanta, great coverage Liverpool Vs Villa was on saturday live.  Also good for any games either GAA or soccer that you missed at the weekend as they will usually be shown again some night during the week.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 14, 2007, 12:49:25 PM

I have to hold my hands up though and admit it looks like i was wrong in my opinion on Vorinon

Thats one of the way...now how will the Dubs win you round  ;D

Jaysus, I forgot clean about Kewell not making the squad on Saturday!!!

I can see Vorinin, Crouch and Babel starting. But to be honest its a thankless task, never get close to his team, particularly this time of season. Would prefer to see a more settled team this year with maybe a core 8 players been played consistently - Reina, Finnan, Carra, Agger, Gerard, Torres, Masch/Aloonso (count as one player  ;) ), Babel. And rotate the rest   - Riise, Penant, Arbeloa, Kewell, Kuyt, Crouch, Vornin, Sami, Benayoun, Sissoko. Good squad is used right - keep playing players in form and they'll not need rest.

However, In Rafa we Trust!!

myball22

I think he will hold Kewell in reserve and put him against Glen Johnson at the weekend. I would say he will be a bit defensive so I can see the same back four as the weekend,
Gerrard, Masch, Alonso and Riise in midfield and Kuyt and Crouch up front.

longball

this just in- pennant not included in the 18 that have travelled!!!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

brokencrossbar1

neither Kewell or Pennant have travelled.  I think he will go for 4-5-1 and with Gerard behind Kuyt, and Torres to come on for last 20

charlie stubbs

no pennant would indicate that rafa will start with gerrard or benayoun wide right.if gerrard on right,expect masch to partner alonso think masch suits european games as he protects better than xavi.no kewell will mean babel/benayoun/riise on the left with arbeloa at left back or riise if he doesnt start in midfield.will leiva be anywhere near team soon?aint saw voronin yet any reports

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

feardearg

starting team for tomorrow?couldnt see rafa playing the same team in consectuive games this season too often especially when you look at the quality we have in central midfield and there wouldnt be alot to choose between the strikers.see the sun reported crouch was looking showdown talks after the game sat.think he could be a good man for holding the ball up tomorrow away from home.rafa will also take into account that we play chelski at the weekend.

No 1:  From your posts you seem to have a fair knowledge of Liverpool.  In that case why oh why do you read or make reference to that rag, or have the issues re the S*n somehow bypassed you in this internet age??
No 2:  Since when did tabloids become accurate reporters of sports news?  Is there a direct quote from Crouch saying he wants 'showdown talks'?  Or is it the usual 'sources close to the striker say...' rubbish?  Not that any attention should be paid to anything written in the rag anyway

charlie stubbs

i apologize for quoting from the paper.

Balboa

I lived in Liverpool for a few years and it was hard to get the Sun because it seemed to be the most widely read paper in the city. In my experience Its a bit of a myth that it has been boycotted.

bingobus

Quote from: Balboa on August 15, 2007, 10:38:11 AM
I lived in Liverpool for a few years and it was hard to get the Sun because it seemed to be the most widely read paper in the city. In my experience Its a bit of a myth that it has been boycotted.

Balboa you are talking through your arse. Its hard to get because many of the newsagents don't stock it!! Its readers numbers are so poor in the Liverpool area that they tries to make an apology and signed up Wayne Rooney to get a market share on merseyside.

Even Everton supporters don't read it.

Myth  ???  ???