The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Anyone reccomend any half decent bars to watch the Liverpool Villa game in the Capital that wont be jam packed with Dubs?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

derryexile

Stiffler with all your exxxperience I would have thought you would have known a few decent bars in the capital!

Where you looking to drink, North or South of the canal?

Any of the bars around the temple will have the Liverpool game on with most of the Dubs either in Coppers or Quinns

stiffler

Quote from: derryexile on August 09, 2007, 08:55:16 AM
Stiffler with all your exxxperience I would have thought you would have known a few decent bars in the capital!

Where you looking to drink, North or South of the canal?

Any of the bars around the temple will have the Liverpool game on with most of the Dubs either in Coppers or Quinns

I was thinking of maybe somewhere around the temple bar myself, the thing is Dublin wont be too friendly to Northerners after Derry dump them out of the championship on Saturday!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Carmen Stateside

Looking forward to the game,Wonder will Carson play ??

J70

They played some good stuff in the first half, and again when Babel came on. Torres and Kuyt looked a very promising combination up front. You're never going to completely dominate an away game.

The Real Laoislad

I think we played very well and only for a few great saves from Taylor escpecially the Babel shot we would have won comfortably
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

We played well but we have been down this road before, plenty of chances, good build up, but not taking numerous chances. Maybe a bit early for sweeping statements though, give Torres etc a while to settle and it has to be a positive winning away from home as the away record last year was a disgrace.

gawa316

Is the champions league qualifier on rte tomorrow afternoon?

AZOffaly

Yep, 3 o'clock in Toulouse. They will be dangerous enough. They beat Lyon 1-0 at the weekend...

gawa316

Just checked RTE 2 listings for tomorrow and this is what is on around 3pm!

14:30 Shuriken School
Animation series following the martial arts-fuelled adventures of 10-year-old Eizan Kaburagi and his friends during their first year at an under-funded Ninja school
14:55 All Grown Up!
Tales of the Rugrats, ten years later
15:25 Tutenstein
Animation about a young pharaoh who reawakens in the present day
15:50 Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Set a generation into the future, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX revolves around a boy named Jaden Yuki as he begins life at the Duel Academy
16:15 Mortified
Comedy. Taylor Fry feels like a misfit, but deals with the world around her with a little imagination
16:45 Hannah Montana
Children's drama series centred on the adventures of an all-American teenage girl, Miley Stewart, who regularly adopts a disguise to become Hannah Montana, the famous pop star

Balboa

AZOffaly

Sorry gawa, I thought you asked whether it was on, I didn't realise you meant on TV. Sorry 'bout that.

gawa316

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 14, 2007, 11:08:55 AM
Sorry gawa, I thought you asked whether it was on, I didn't realise you meant on TV. Sorry 'bout that.

No worries. I'll have to sign up for this setanta package now. it seems a good enough deal and the amount of money it will save me from not going down the pub to watch the matches will more than make up for the tenner.

On Toulouse...Elmander is there star player. although no world beater he has a decent record. Seen him play for Sweden against Norn Iron and he is big and physical with a decent touch. Would like to think Carra aand Agger can cope with him though.

charlie stubbs

starting team for tomorrow?couldnt see rafa playing the same team in consectuive games this season too often especially when you look at the quality we have in central midfield and there wouldnt be alot to choose between the strikers.see the sun reported crouch was looking showdown talks after the game sat.think he could be a good man for holding the ball up tomorrow away from home.rafa will also take into account that we play chelski at the weekend.

maybe something like

reina
finnan carra agger arbeloa(dont rate)
pennant gerrard masch riise
kuyt torres

though could see rafa playing five in midfield with stevie supporting a loan striker.

gawa316

Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 14, 2007, 12:40:37 PM

reina
finnan carra agger arbeloa(dont rate)
pennant gerrard masch riise
kuyt torres

though could see rafa playing five in midfield with stevie supporting a loan striker.

Going to stick my neck out and suggest

Reina
Finnan, Carra, Agger, Riise
Benayoun, Gerrard, Masch, Kewell
Crouch, Vorinin

I don't think i have ever predicted one of Rafa's team so not holding much hope for this one. With chelski coming up reckon he'll rest a few, although it maybe wise player Crouch against them with no terry in the team