Cheltenham

Started by bennydorano, January 21, 2009, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulster-boy

Quote from: illdecide on March 09, 2009, 02:06:25 PM
Lads what do ya reckon L'ami's chances are tomorrow...?

indeed...L'ami will take all the beating tomorrow...i will be going on him big for sure! also think that Drombeag has a smashing each way chance at 12/1

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: ulster-boy on March 09, 2009, 02:48:25 PM

indeed...L'ami will take all the beating tomorrow...i will be going on him big for sure! also think that Drombeag has a smashing each way chance at 12/1

We have a special up, Bolger to win the Cross Country 4/9, so you have L'ami, Heads on the Ground, Garde Champetre and Drombeag...

JohnDenver

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 09, 2009, 03:05:29 PM

We have a special up, Bolger to win the Cross Country 4/9, so you have L'ami, Heads on the Ground, Garde Champetre and Drombeag...

Thats not a bad bet there when you look at the horses you are getting.  Wonder if any of the online bookies are doing something similar.  Whats pushing you towards L'Ami over Garde Champetre ONL considering their head to head record 

I see boyles are paying four places on the supreme novices tomorrow, with pp having the money back special if cousin vinny wins.

Louth Exile

Quote from: JohnDenver on March 09, 2009, 04:12:01 PM

Thats not a bad bet there when you look at the horses you are getting.  Wonder if any of the online bookies are doing something similar.  Whats pushing you towards L'Ami over Garde Champetre ONL considering their head to head record 

I see boyles are paying four places on the supreme novices tomorrow, with pp having the money back special if cousin vinny wins.

LAMI was given as NAP of the meeting at our preview night last week by both Tony Martin and a local rails Bookie, was 3/1 at the time. The gap between him and Garde Champetre has widden consdierably since.

Here are some of the tips from our Preview Night
http://www.thejoesgfc.com/newsArticle.php?id=26

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Mickey Linden

When does Mullins have to declare what races he is going for? Im desperate to see Mikeal D'Heurgent running in the Ballymore!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 09, 2009, 04:24:28 PM
When does Mullins have to declare what races he is going for? Im desperate to see Mikeal D'Heurgent running in the Ballymore!

Day before the race Mickey, you will know tomorrow...

thebandit

Kempes is in to 8/1

ulster-boy

opinions on the mares hurdle anyone?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: JohnDenver on March 09, 2009, 04:12:01 PM

Am not sure GC will handle the weights that well, he won off 129 last year, this year he is off 150, conceding weight all round and 4pounds to L'Ami... Plus the reports and vibes from the stable seem to be favouring L'Ami, as has the money...

An each way shout could be for A New Story, third in this race last year off 10-8, this year racing off 10-0, getting a lot of weight from the favourites... about 16/1 though as big as 20s with Victor Chandler...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: ulster-boy on March 09, 2009, 05:28:43 PM

Thought Whiteoak was going to be one of the bankers of the festival for this one but is now going for the big prize in the Champion Hurdle... It is a race I have not studied enough yetm will do so later, but Chomba Womba is a class horse and stands out at the minute...

Doogie Browser

Not long now lads and lassses, depending on the outcome of the next 4 days of war with the bookies I will either be eating steak the rest of this month or tuna toasties.

Treasurer

Has to be Quevega for me.

ulster-boy

Quote from: Treasurer on March 09, 2009, 05:40:35 PM

Has to be Quevega for me.

im stuck in two minds over caroles legacy and gaspara, slightly leaning towards gaspara however at the mo! Pipe seems to have his horses going well at the right time. Has form at cheltenham havin won the fred winter a couple of years ago..although must admit hasn't impressed since! ran a nice race on its comeback at doncaster however and i tink i might have a few quid each way at 20/1.. ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: thebandit on March 09, 2009, 05:24:20 PM
Kempes is in to 8/1

I'm just after backing him ew at 10/1 with paddy power but he definately seems to be moving that way!
That was never a square ball!!

Our Nail Loney

Racing Post have their price forecasts and takes on each race up...

WILLIAMHILL.COM SUPREME NOVICES' HURDLE GRADE 1 (CLASS 1) (4yo+) Winner £68,412

BETTING FORECAST: 11/4 Cousin Vinny, 9/2 Torphichen, 10/1 Go Native, 10/1 Kempes, 12/1 Micheal Flips, 14/1 Ainama, 14/1 Medermit, 14/1 Red Moloney, 16/1 Aachen, 16/1 Copper Bleu, 25/1 Golan Way, 25/1 Kangaroo Court, 40/1 Shoreacres, 40/1 Somersby, 66/1 Leo's Lucky Star, 66/1 Shamari, 100/1 Alarazi, 100/1 Leamington Lad, 150/1 Gloucester, 500/1 Bee Sting, 500/1 Intensifier.

His jumping could be more assured and the news of his travelling badly is a late worry but an in-form COUSIN VINNY is a class act and would be very hard to beat if avoiding mishaps. If it has rained significantly overnight, the softer ground will slow them down a bit and it should help his jumping. Plenty of the rest have a lot of potential and are largely unknown quantities but stablemate Kempes may be one of his most serious dangers, along with Torphichen, Red Moloney, Micheal Flips and Copper Bleu.[RA]

IRISH INDEPENDENT ARKLE CHALLENGE TROPHY CHASE GRADE 1 (CLASS 1) (5yo+) Winner £96,917

BETTING FORECAST: 7/2 Tatenen, 5/1 Calgary Bay, 8/1 I'msingingtheblues, 9/1 Forpadydeplasterer, 10/1 Planet Of Sound, 12/1 Kalahari King, 12/1 Tartak, 14/1 Golden Silver, 16/1 Follow The Plan, 16/1 Original, 20/1 Made In Taipan, 33/1 Cornas, 33/1 Gauvain, 33/1 Panjo Bere, 40/1 Bringbackthebiff, 50/1 I'm So Lucky, 150/1 Cheating Chance, 150/1 Cool Operator

Paul Nicholls and Ruby Walsh have not lost faith in Tatenen but he does not get the 5yo's weight allowance which has helped four of that age group to victory in the last ten runnings and as a result is at a considerable disadvantage with his Leopardstown conqueror FOLLOW THE PLAN who is available at far greater odds. Reportedly unsuited by much more testing ground when below that level of form behind Golden Silver and Forpadydeplasterer last time, he is value each-way.[FC]

WILLIAM HILL TROPHY HANDICAP CHASE GRADE 3 (CLASS 1) (5yo+) Winner £51,309

BETTING FORECAST: 6/1 Wichita Lineman, 8/1 Possol, 10/1 Millenium Royal, 10/1 Patsy Hall, 10/1 Star De Mohaison, 11/1 Cailin Alainn, 16/1 Lothian Falcon, 16/1 Maljimar, 16/1 Nenuphar Collonges, 20/1 Dear Villez, 20/1 Golden Flight, 20/1 Simon, 20/1 Tot O'Whiskey, 25/1 Wind Instrument, 33/1 Comply Or Die, 33/1 Hobbs Hill, 33/1 Lacdoudal, 33/1 Oedipe, 33/1 Reveillez, 33/1 The Sawyer, 40/1 Ollie Magern, 50/1 Hot Weld, 66/1 Billyvoddan, 66/1 Fundamentalist.

Star De Mohaison went very close to defying topweight here in December and makes plenty of appeal on that form, but he may well be withdrawn if the ground turns soft. That could also be a major problem for Possol and Lothian Falcon, who would otherwise be very high on the list. Assuming it does turn soft, the place to turn may well be MILLENIUM ROYAL who, like Wichita Lineman, is so well treated on his hurdles form.[RA]