Cheltenham

Started by bennydorano, January 21, 2009, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Does anyone know much about Big Joe Kernan's horse Kempes? Heard a few whispers about him over the weekend from a few lads round armagh!! Though being a tyrone man they may be sending me on a wild goose chase!! My nap is Karabak in the Ballymore! AP on board!
That was never a square ball!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 08, 2009, 08:59:09 PM
Does anyone know much about Big Joe Kernan's horse Kempes? Heard a few whispers about him over the weekend from a few lads round armagh!! Though being a tyrone man they may be sending me on a wild goose chase!! My nap is Karabak in the Ballymore! AP on board!

Ross Carr's horse as well...

Its been backed in from 20s to 10s, Ruby is riding as Patrick Mullins is the only jockey that rides Cousin Vinny out...

You never know, Mullins won this race two years ago with 40/1 shot Ebaziyan...

Lecale2

I like the look of Kempes. Had a good record on the flat. Cousin Vinny can be beaten I reckon and Kempes is in with a shout.

Longfordian

Tips from Newstalk this morning

Supreme Novice Hurdle
Cousin Vinnie 5/2
Kempes E/W 10/1

Arkle Chase
Tatenen 9/2
Forpaddytheplaster e/w 10/1

Best Bet of Tuesday
William Hill
NAP – Wichita Linesman 6/1

Smurfit Kappa champion Hurdle
Binoculor 5/4

Cross Country Chase
L'Ami 5/2
A New Story e/w 20/1

Wed
Ballymore Properties Novice
Diamond Harry 4/1

Royal and sun alliance Chase
Cooldine 4/1

Coral Cup
Aglador 5/1
Petit Fute e/w 14/1

Fred Winters
Alexander Severious 5/1

NAP Weatherbys Champion Bumper
Sicilian Secret 9/2

Thursday
Pertemps Final
Ballydub 10/1

NAP
Double
Voy Per Ustedes Ryan Air Evens
World Hurdle Kasbahbliss 11/10

Friday
JCB Triumph Hurdle
NAP Walk On 5/1

CountyHurdle
Aachen10/1

Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup
Denman 7/

Foxhunters Chase
Carronhills e/w 14/1

A Quinn Martin Production

Final Declarations for tomorrw's (Tues) races are here:

http://guardian.sportinglife.com/GU_Meetings/0,14906,09-03-2009%5E1,00.html

Good Luck everyone!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

BennyHarp

Been looking at that Kempes this morning - think its definately worth an each way bet i reckon!
That was never a square ball!!

Treasurer

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 09, 2009, 11:53:19 AM
Been looking at that Kempes this morning - think its definately worth an each way bet i reckon!

Definitely.

Canalman

Don't  know the 1st thing about horses but even I've been told about Kempes by 2 "experts" ( ie they are always talking about horses).
When told the nag's name first by a Man U fan, I said "the footballer" ...... he looked at me with a bemused look  as if I had sprouted a second head. Talk about getting old.

Homer

Willie Mullins has confirmed reports this morning about Cousin Vinny not travelling well and not eating. Cooldine is also said to have not travelled well although to a lesser extent.

Michael D'Haguenet is definitely not racing in the Supreme but looks increasingly likely to take on the Ballymore.

Tiday Bay will not run the Champion Chase

Henry De Bromhead is said to be unhappy with Sizing Europe and is very unlikely to run the Champion Hurdle

Treasurer

Any chance cousin Vinny will switch to the Ballymore?  On paper he ticks more boxes for that anyway and if he's off feed etc the extra day might come into play?

naka

Quote from: Treasurer on March 09, 2009, 01:04:33 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 09, 2009, 11:53:19 AM

Definitely.
was also talking to one of the one of the owners at the weekend. they fancy it as an each way bet

illdecide

Lads what do ya reckon L'ami's chances are tomorrow...?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: illdecide on March 09, 2009, 02:06:25 PM
Lads what do ya reckon L'ami's chances are tomorrow...?
The thoughts of tipster Angus Loughran below -

16:00 (Cross Country Chase) – L'AMI 2pts win We all know this race should be renamed 'the Enda Bolger benefit Cross Country' after the Irish handler has scooped the prize three times from the four times it's been run at the festival. Add in the numerous other Cheltenham (Non-festival) X country races he's landed over the years then, although not original, you simply have to have him on your side.

He sends out four runners, all in the normal JP McManus colours and just like Willie Mullins in the bumper it's just a case of deciding which of his runners to back. HeadsOntheGround took this in 2007 and Garde Champetre 12 months ago, but jockey bookings suggest that L'Ami is their first choice with JT McNamara in the plate. This former useful French chaser was third in the William Hill Chase at the festival last year and although he's never won over this X country course at Cheltenham he's run fourth and second here. More importantly he comes here on the back of an impressive win in a similar race at Punchestown last month and with the jockey having the pick of the four that's good enough for me.

full back

Quote from: Homer on March 09, 2009, 01:44:49 PM
Willie Mullins has confirmed reports this morning about Cousin Vinny not travelling well and not eating. Cooldine is also said to have not travelled well although to a lesser extent.

Where did you hear this?

Homer

It's on The RP now..

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/cheltenham-supreme-novices-cheltenham-festival-mullins-airs-concerns-about-cousin-vinny-wellbeing/167861/top/

Mullins airs Cousin Vinny concerns
By Tony O'Hehir 1.34PM 9 MAR 2009

WILLIE MULLINS on Monday expressed some concern about Cousin Vinny in advance of Tuesday's Williamhill.com Supreme Novices' Hurdle, for which the six-year-old is favourite.

Mullins said: "Cousin Vinny didn't travel over as well as we expected. He didn't eat up or drink up on Saturday night and, while he was better last night, it is a slight concern.

"Hopefully, he will eat and drink normally tonight and be in better form in the morning.

"He is going to take his chance as we feel there is no point in stalling the ball at this stage. But I expected to be a lot happier with him."

Quote from: Treasurer on March 09, 2009, 01:50:25 PM
Any chance cousin Vinny will switch to the Ballymore?  On paper he ticks more boxes for that anyway and if he's off feed etc the extra day might come into play?

I wouldn't say it's not a possibility but by the sounds of things he would have to be in pretty bad form not to run in the Supreme and I'd say if he was pulled he probably won't run at the festival at all.