Half Ton Son

Started by C_Berg_316, January 13, 2009, 01:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Berg_316

Just wondered did anyone see this show last night on channel 4 - we had a discussion in our house of who was more to blame? the mother/then son/the american culture in general where evrything is supersize, etc.  IMO the mother was to blame - her son lying in his room 57 stone and she continually carries him double burgers and chips!!!!
thats the crack she said with one leg up above on the table

wherefromreferee?

Say this myself, and its hard to see past the mother for blame.  Giving the son a hotdog as a reward, after he got outta the hospital following his stomach shrinking operation - what an idiot.
In your Endo!

nrico2006

Aye, I saw the last half of it and was shocking to watch.  The mother was a fool and as mentioned sticking a Hod Dog with Mustard in his hand as a reward for getting a gastric band was unbelievable. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

C_Berg_316

Not sure if the fella had a medical condition - the mother it did say lost her first son aged 1 and a half so it seemed like she has some physological problem.

nrico2006

I don't think he had a problem medically speaking.  I remember her yelling at him towards the end to get up and stop playing the computer etc and shouting at him that there was nothing wrong with him so he should get up and sort himself out. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theskull1

The mother to blame 99%. The son of course is completely fucked up because his upbringing. HTF can someone do that to their child? Completely fcuked up society? Thankyou Jesus, thankyou Jesus, thankyou Jesus
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

thejuice

How old is the son. If he's an adult he's also to blame as well as his mother. America's a free country, no-one made eat that shit.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tankie

Quote from: C_Berg_316 on January 13, 2009, 01:35:34 PM
Just wondered did anyone see this show last night on channel 4 - we had a discussion in our house of who was more to blame? the mother/then son/the american culture in general where evrything is supersize, etc.  IMO the mother was to blame - her son lying in his room 57 stone and she continually carries him double burgers and chips!!!!

I saw some of this but turned it off as it was depressing, its hard to blame the son as it started so early in his life but the mother should be locked up for neglect, if she starved the guy social services would be around and i really dont see the difference in what she has done as the fella has no life.
Grand Slam Saturday!

johnneycool

Quote from: Tankie on January 13, 2009, 02:18:47 PM
Quote from: C_Berg_316 on January 13, 2009, 01:35:34 PM

I saw some of this but turned it off as it was depressing, its hard to blame the son as it started so early in his life but the mother should be locked up for neglect, if she starved the guy social services would be around and i really dont see the difference in what she has done as the fella has no life.

If there ever was a case for killing with kindness then it was that show last night, misguided I grant you but she certainly has issues about her first child dying and has festooned this lad with all the worst shite for food that she possibly could.

I thought it was a seal on the operating room floor when they cut the 5 stone from his gut, bloody hell!

full back

Watched it alright & found it to be depressing.
I like most on here, blamed the mother, up until the very end when the son started mouthing back like fcuk at her when she was trying to get him up.
No doubt she had a major part to play, but he was cranky as fcuk when he didnt get his own way.
An example of this was when he decided to leave hospital before he was supposed to (and didnt even get into his house before the ambulance was called)

Onion Bag

I blame the mother, as you say carrying him big macs and chips, but at the same time the lad has let himself get that way, stop f**king eating and do some exercise, f**k it was disgusting
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

C_Berg_316

another part was when he was dragged out into the ambulance when he first left the house and was lying in the back of it like a busted sofa and she spouting 'I'm so proud of you????? WTF??? - also agree with most others on here - was very depressing to watch - the mother and son seemed way too close to me - where the f**k was the owl boy i suppose would be a valid quetsion??

Onion Bag

He would make a good goalie,  :D
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

bigfrank

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 13, 2009, 02:36:38 PM
He would make a good goalie,  :D

Harsh but fair!! :P :P Ice hockey perhaps??

The Iceman

I'm not defending America because I live here but you can't blame society nor can you judge America or Americans by what you see on TV.
Ireland isn't all Blarney stones, guinness and red haired lovelys river dancing down the street - but that is what the world is told.
Have some friggin kop on and blame the mother here and the lad himself
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight