The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Last season I was all on for bringing in Ciggysson but I am not so sure any more.
I mean back then we had lots of good central midfielders but not many who would score or set up many goals.
Now we've got Klaassen, Davis, Rooney, Sandro along with Lookman and Bolasie to come back.
I still think he's a great player but £50M is a lot for a player who might not play every week. Would you maybe play him alongsie Klaassen in a 4 man midfield?
Still Moshiri must know we can afford to bring him in and hopefully still get a striker.

I'm more concerned about are we gonna bottle it in signing a top quality striker and just settle with Rooney, Sandro and young Calvert-Lewin.
I'd like to see someone like Giroud or even Edin Dzeko as they are proven goal scorers whereas I think it's a risk trying someone like Moussa Dembele who was great in Scotland but not so great with Fulham before that.

Fuzzman

Are any of ye on here a member of the Goodison Blues supporters group that meet up in the mercantile in Dublin?

johnneycool



Gabriel_Hurl


Sheedy

That stand was partially closed for maintenance due to improvements being made to access and facilities for disabled fans.

Made hard work of winning that tonight, struggled at times to create much but its still early days in pre season and hopefully better performances to come.

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 27, 2017, 10:12:21 PM
That stand was partially closed for maintenance due to improvements being made to access and facilities for disabled fans.

Made hard work of winning that tonight, struggled at times to create much but its still early days in pre season and hopefully better performances to come.

Poor game all in although Sandro looks like he could make a go of it when he came on.

That Martina lad in right back was very ropey. Hurry up Seamus, but in the meantime let Holgate play out there!

Fuzzman

I like Koeman as a manager but you have to wonder about some of his choices.
Why is he playing Calvert-Lewin out on the right side and how he rates Martina I really don't know. He's signed him twice before I think.

Rooney didn't play that well and Mirallas was rubbish again. Early days of course and they sat deep and defended well. Thought lookman and Sandro should have been on much earlier

magpie seanie

I honestly can't see Rooney doing anything for ye. Especially not as a centre forward.


Sheedy

Deal agreed at last for glyfi sigurdsson for a fee around £40million. Gareth barry gone to west brom. Hopefully see another striker in before end of august.

Main Street

Closer to GBP45m.

Though it's a sign of the times when it's a give or take 5m figure :)


Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on August 17, 2017, 10:30:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rug5sX1gnvg

Tramps

Is it at this point that posters throw up YouTube videos of all club hooligans ?? The list would be endless
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

Cunny Funt

Rooney doing alright on his return to Everton