3. Offaly v Dublin

4. Wicklow v Carlow

5. Kildare v Wexford

6. Meath v Westmeath

7. Laois v DCU

8. Kilkenny v D.I.T.

Next Round
1 v 2     3 v 4       5 v 6       7 v 8

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Feckit - looks like our road to glory is obstructed by the Yellabellies again.

(I'm taking the usual victory over the swampland county as read).

Croí na hÉireann

I'd settle for a narrow defeat in Pairc Mordor, that way the young lads get more of a chance to go further in the Shield and make more of an impression... Some of us have a tough league (this year)  :-*
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

We're playing our u21 team in it, so thankfully we won't win it this year.

thejuice

Dont worry we'll swap places with yis next year if you dont think you'll fit in rubbing shoulders with the top teams.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

INDIANA

Our crew are off on these foreign training holidays hence the reason the 21's are playing. Yet to see Tyrone going on one of these trips, but then again they win things.

This Years Model

Is that a fact Indiana? Being exiled in the Midlands, I'd have been tempted to make the short trip to O'Connor Park for what I thought should be a tasty affair between the Biffos and the (real) Dubs. But if what you say is true, then I'll keep going as far as Newbridge. Have to try and keep those Lilywhites down now that we have a bit of a run on them.

heffo

Quote from: This Years Model on December 17, 2008, 05:49:17 PM
Is that a fact Indiana? Being exiled in the Midlands, I'd have been tempted to make the short trip to O'Connor Park for what I thought should be a tasty affair between the Biffos and the (real) Dubs. But if what you say is true, then I'll keep going as far as Newbridge. Have to try and keep those Lilywhites down now that we have a bit of a run on them.

100%

thejuice

Any Dubs from the senior squad last year still on the U-21's

INDIANA

In terms of starting- paddy andrews but he's going to that training camp. I should clarify, it won't even be the  strongest 21's team. It will be whatever 21's aren't going to the training camp.

An Laoch

will the senior panel be at the training camp for the entire O'Byrne campaign or just the first two weeks?

INDIANA

from the 3rd to the 10th. so I presume they'll be playing in the Shield on their return.

thejuice

Will any of these games be on Setanta Ireland or TG4?

stevecw

Setanta showed all rounds last year, so i guess either Offaly v Dublin or Meath v Westmeath will kick it off.

I love O'Byrne Cup as a Carlow fan.
Only trophy ive seen us win since 94 & it gave us 2 good nights out last year...1st beating Wexford away & drawing with Dubs in Parnell Park.
Sadly all was downhill after that. 4 wins, 4 defeats in Div 4 & then a horrible display v Meath in Croker :-[

This year should be better, we have a lot of our better players involved for once & its 80% that Thos Walshe will be back with Carlow too this year.
But for O'Byrne Cup we wont have all these, but away to Wicklow next Sunday is still a tasty game around these parts & under Luke Dempsey i am sure we can get off to winning start & set up a 2nd round v Dubs yet again! :)

thejuice

Theres a 6 hour unaccounted slot on the Setanta Ireland listings on the website, do you think that might be it? its beween 12 and 6:30