O'Byrne Cup 2009 - The Real All-Ireland

Started by thejuice, December 17, 2008, 04:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on January 04, 2009, 06:47:18 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2009, 03:50:58 PM

Meath          1-17
Westmeath  0-07

I think we will definitely win the All-Ireland this year.

Yeah, sure crown us now.  :D

I dont know if you should be worried or happy that a team is playing well during the O'Byrne Cup. Like Jaysus lads its only January. Decent result considering we havent been training.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gnevin

T'was cold down in Offaly today, but was impressed by 14 O'Brian for Dublin
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2009, 06:57:57 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on January 04, 2009, 06:47:18 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 04, 2009, 03:50:58 PM

Meath          1-17
Westmeath  0-07

I think we will definitely win the All-Ireland this year.

Yeah, sure crown us now.  :D

I dont know if you should be worried or happy that a team is playing well during the O'Byrne Cup. Like Jaysus lads its only January. Decent result considering we havent been training.

Were yous paying any heed to the ban over there in Mordor at all??? Very noticable difference of levels of fitness between the teams. Alan Claffey showed well and was one of the newcomers to make his mark, corner back in the John Keane mould. Clarke and Browne showed promise as well and hopefully we can have a bit of a run in the shield & give them more game time...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

QuoteI dont know if you should be worried or happy that a team is playing well during the O'Byrne Cup.

In Longford, it's usually the highlight of our year.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 05, 2009, 12:12:07 PM
QuoteI dont know if you should be worried or happy that a team is playing well during the O'Byrne Cup.

Surely that's the Shield?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: LaurelEye on January 05, 2009, 01:26:41 PM

The shield is Laois's this year hands off ok!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

LaurelEye

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 05, 2009, 02:39:08 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on January 05, 2009, 01:26:41 PM

The shield is Laois's this year hands off ok!

Lukie Dempsey will surely be going for a third with the Carla men... Meath must be kicking themselves at the missed opportunity :D
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Shamrock Shore

The 'bihatimber' competiton is Luke's for the taking. Will he be able to keep the 'bihatimber' for ever if he wins it for a third time?

However if Laois decide to concentrate on defending it then, who knows.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 05, 2009, 08:40:49 PM
The 'bihatimber' competiton is Luke's for the taking. Will he be able to keep the 'bihatimber' for ever if he wins it for a third time?

However if Laois decide to concentrate on defending it then, who knows.

Did we actually win it last year,I know we were suppose to play Kildare but did it ever go ahead?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Shamrock Shore

Amazingly Laoislad the 'bihatimber' was awarded to Laois after Kildare decided they couldn't be arsed playing the final  :D

cill_dara

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 05, 2009, 09:50:21 PM
Amazingly Laoislad the 'bihatimber' was awarded to Laois after Kildare decided they couldn't be arsed playing the final  :D

We played for it in the last game of the league last year and again it was a draw so it was shared. Over to yee now lads!!

Shamrock Shore

I'll never trust Wikipedia again  :-\

Scroll down to the end

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Byrne_Cup

but then again................

http://leinster.gaa.ie/rollofhonour/rhOByrneCupSFshield.asp

the glaring ommission of Longford's 2006 (cough) triumph (  >:( )makes me want to axe Laureleye to pen a letter to The Times as he is better at that sort of thing.

Bask in the glow of belated success Laoislad. If it's on the Leinster official GAA site it must be true

INDIANA

just to say to any wicklow fans, dublin are playing their u21 side on sunday. It is a 21 side missing 7 of its best players. Why we are doing so is unfortunately beyond everyon'e comphrehension.

AZOffaly

Is that the same side that played against Offaly INDIANA?

INDIANA

all of them are not involved unless there is a massive u turn . Effectively we will be playing tyrone with no match behind us because a half strength u21 team won't beat wicklow. Just staggered.