Inter county transfers

Started by heffo, December 02, 2008, 02:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

It looks like two high profile forwards (one from the West and one from slightly North) are going to be signing with Northside Dublin clubs in the next couple of weeks.

It's madness - something has to be done about it..

Bensars

Well if you move for work  reasons, how can it be disputed?

heffo

Quote from: Bensars on December 02, 2008, 02:22:19 PM
Well if you move for work  reasons, how can it be disputed?

Therein lies the anomoly..

Croí na hÉireann

Time to setup northside and southside culchie teams...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

heffo

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 02, 2008, 02:57:31 PM

Well ya already have AIB & Park rangers on the northside and Ranelagh Gaels, Portobello, Donnybrook & Civil service on the southside..

I'd be mightly pissed off if I'd coached these guys all the way up or if I were say a Junior A player who's going to get squeezed out by the senior player who drops down as as a result of their arrival.

If a player from the country moves to Dublin and puts down roots in the area and gets involved in the club, then great, but this lark of getting big bucks to play a couple of league games (at a push) and a couple of championship games is a load of bollo*

johnpower

Quote from: heffo on December 02, 2008, 03:02:37 PM

Well ya already have AIB & Park rangers on the northside and Ranelagh Gaels, Portobello, Donnybrook & Civil service on the southside..

I'd be mightly pissed off if I'd coached these guys all the way up or if I were say a Junior A player who's going to get squeezed out by the senior player who drops down as as a result of their arrival.

If a player from the country moves to Dublin and puts down roots in the area and gets involved in the club, then great, but this lark of getting big bucks to play a couple of league games (at a push) and a couple of championship games is a load of bollo*

Would it helo if senior clubs were limited to just 2 non Dubs ?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: heffo on December 02, 2008, 03:02:37 PM

we've had a few but all this has kind of stopped now, unless one of these two new players is for us...but we dont need any more players, we cant manage the talent we've got!
Not far away from us,  the 'new na fianna' (not the actual na Fianna) are in operation and I wouldnt be surprised to see one if not both new players join the ranks of the championship chasing NW dublin side !

Davitt Man

Quote from: heffo on December 02, 2008, 02:20:36 PM
It looks like two high profile forwards (one from the West and one from slightly North) are going to be signing with Northside Dublin clubs in the next couple of weeks.

It's madness - something has to be done about it..

Is it a certain Mayo forward?? this story comes out around this time every year....

Declan

QuoteNot far away from us,  the 'new na fianna' (not the actual na Fianna) are in operation and I wouldnt be surprised to see one if not both new players join the ranks of the championship chasing NW dublin side !

I heard Galvin has gone back as Manager. Don't know about new playing recruits though since the motor industry slowdown there's not much coming out of Blanch Renault theses days!!!!!

It's Vins who seem to be the club for the latest rumours I've heard anyway

boojangles

Does anybody know who Heffo is taliking about? I presume the blondie from Mayo is one? Who's the other, Is it a DCU man too??

Mario

I just moved to ranelagh and will be looking a new club for the new season, anyone got any suggestions of who to join?

thebandit

Quote from: Mario on December 03, 2008, 11:51:06 PM
I just moved to ranelagh and will be looking a new club for the new season, anyone got any suggestions of who to join?

Ranelagh Gaels or Portobello

Mario

Quote from: thebandit on December 04, 2008, 12:31:24 AM

Everytime i mention Ranelagh Gaels to someone here, they laugh at me. Are Portobello a senior/intermediate/junior club?

heffo

Quote from: Mario on December 04, 2008, 09:18:01 AM

Everytime i mention Ranelagh Gaels to someone here, they laugh at me. Are Portobello a senior/intermediate/junior club?

Ranelagh Gaels play in Div 10 and Portobello in Div 8

Why don't you just join the nearest club to you - there'll probably be a few culchies on the Junior team..

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mario on December 04, 2008, 09:18:01 AM

pm me if you like, but if you just want to play a bit to keep ticking over thn those two or Civil service are the ones to go for. Ranelagh gaels supposed to be ok.
If you are a senior St Canices man and want a better standard, then pm me...