Manchester

Started by ExiledGael, November 19, 2008, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Travelling over to Manchester in a few weeks for a game. I'm sure there's plenty on here who have done so, any recommendations on where to stay in or near city centre. Going on Friday & Saturday nights for game on Saturday but not keen on staying out near Old Trafford. Doesn't have to be anywhere fancy, just a bunch of fellas on a drinking weekend more than anything. Even a decent hostel might do.

Drumanee 1

the brittania in stockport is a good spot and pretty reasonable,although out of the city a bit it's right beside the train station which takes you straight into the centre in 10 mins or so.

if you dont mind paying a bit more the city inn in picaddily is a good spot

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Rav67

Was there a few weeks ago for the Celtic game, the Bishop's Blaze is very lively on the day of the game, its right beside the ground.

TORGAEL

Stayed in The Gardens Hotel, Piccadilly, Manchester a couple of years ago. Its pretty central, and wasnt overly expensive. Would recommend it.

www.gardenshotelmanchester.com

FermPundit

Quote from: ExiledGael on November 19, 2008, 02:15:49 PM
Travelling over to Manchester in a few weeks for a game. I'm sure there's plenty on here who have done so, any recommendations on where to stay in or near city centre. Going on Friday & Saturday nights for game on Saturday but not keen on staying out near Old Trafford. Doesn't have to be anywhere fancy, just a bunch of fellas on a drinking weekend more than anything. Even a decent hostel might do.

Is it the Sunderland game Exiled? I'm heading over to this game myself
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

Quote from: FermPundit on November 19, 2008, 07:54:47 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on November 19, 2008, 02:15:49 PM

Is it the Sunderland game Exiled? I'm heading over to this game myself

Na was offered tickets for that but didn't suit, it's Blackburn, not til February but need to book for nearly a dozen so need to get on the ball.

inisceithleann

The Travelodge at the top of Great Ancoats Street is pretty cheap and is in a great location. 5 mins walk from the Northern Quarter which is good for a night out and 5 mins from Piccadilly Gardens. It's always packed with Irish on United weekends so i'd get booking now.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

ExiledGael

Sorry to bring this up again but was staying in appartments in Liverpool lately on a weekend and it was ideal, anyone know of something similar in Manchester? For a group of ten.

T O Hare

Get into taxi and aske him to take you to Cloud Nine!!! its a great spot!!!!! ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

girt_giggler

Manchester is s**t, stay in Liverpool, go to the game by train, travel back to Liverpool, head out.  Sorted.

Mario

I stayed in Monroes, its an old family run hotel straight opposite piccadilly train station. Nothing fancy about it, but wouldn't expect anything more for £20 a night and in a good location.

magpie seanie

Manchester is certainly not shit. Had several good nights out in it and hopefully will make it over there again before the end of the season.

Shortso79

Heading over next weekend for the Fulham match

Any good spots for day time drinking - even a good spot to watch the Ireland Wales Match

ross4life

Waxy O'Connor's The Printworks on Corporation Street is the best spot to Drink & watch the Irish Game

Looking for good Bargain Dinner Try Wetherspoons or the Piccadilly both on Piccadilly Gardens
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open