Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Think there may have been an article on Antrim hurling in the Irish News on Wednesday (17th)? Anyone have access to it and can post it?
Cheers.

Any inside info on the team named v Carlow?

Minder

Quote from: Glensman on February 19, 2010, 02:36:55 PM
Think there may have been an article on Antrim hurling in the Irish News on Wednesday (17th)? Anyone have access to it and can post it?
Cheers.

Any inside info on the team named v Carlow?

Don't think the team had been named yet.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG1 on February 19, 2010, 01:31:10 PM
Is it just me or is there something really depressing about starting our NHL against Carlow?
(No disrespect intended)

I know entirely what you mean, but the reality is that is where we are at at the minute.

The days where we could approach a game like this thinking it will be an easy win for us are long gone.

Actually, a bit worried about Sunday given that Carlow beat Limerick a few weeks ago, albeit:

1. Limerick are is disarray, and

2. It was a challenge.

Minder

I wouldn't read too much into the Limerick result as the current Limerick squad is not recognisable to previous squads and they will be in Div 2 next year with that panel. Antrim should win, with home advantage counting for a lot, but I wouldn't be putting much money on it.

NAG1

Yeah I had tongue firmly planted in cheek but just thinking back to the days of the bigger ties where there would be a bit of excitement to dispell the winter blues.

imtommygunn

Carlow have improved a lot and let's be honest we haven't made any improvement in a while. (I think anyway)

I wouldn't say its depressing we play carlow. It's maybe mroe depressing that it's a game we will be hard pushed to win .

Not a good way to think - means thinking like a derry footballer supporter.

If we want to beat carlow we'll have to earn it. Last two games they've beat us. You could argue we were weakend last time out but sure we don't know what state carlow were in either.

theskull1

BBC have heavy snow forecast for Sunday.....wonder if the game will go ahead?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ONeill

Astonishing revelation today in the Gaelic Life - Milltown claims he lost them the final by giving his side the wrong tape to review. Fair play to him though - takes a big man to hold his hands up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Bad feeling about St Gall's. I don't think favouritism suits them, coupled with Corofin's reason to succeed this year. Corofin by 4.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2010, 10:22:26 PM
Astonishing revelation today in the Gaelic Life - Milltown claims he lost them the final by giving his side the wrong tape to review. Fair play to him though - takes a big man to hold his hands up.

so you read the hurling page ;D

We may not get a good start tomorrow (we never do) but i think we will nick it by a point. we were favourites form the Ulster final O'Neill.........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

I got them at 7/2, after the Ulster Final, for the All Ireland. So they better f**king win it

ONeill

Didn't realise the extent of Corofin's injuries. St Gall's by 29.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2010, 05:50:53 PM
Does anyone know what this is about?

Will the gates be closed after the 2.30pm throw-in on Sunday? ???

They will be closed shortly after 2.30pm.

I saw that, couldn't quite understand it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2010, 07:13:43 PM

is this relating to Casement tomorrow? 

must be the regulars in the bar ;) worried about not getting a pint
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2010, 07:13:43 PM

It's surprising the goon manning that guestbook didn't make a sarky comment rather than something strange like this.