The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 20, 2012, 01:29:04 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 20, 2012, 01:19:17 PM
I can see why adidas have pulled the plug all the same (although the recent press defo stinks of sour grapes), if they offer us something similar to Warrior they'd have to offer the rest of the high profile teams the same. Although they are losing out on one of their more profitable teams, they must deem it financial sense, to stop other deals/contracts spirally out of control

Liverpool pulled the plug on them. The adidas contract was up, Liverpool looked for the highest bidder for a new shirt deal. Warrior's offer was the best on the table. Liverpool took it.

Sorry bad choice of words there. I mean I realise why adidas didn't match or even better Warrior's bid

Gabriel_Hurl

supersub

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 20, 2012, 01:59:47 PM
I'm sure it's a knock up too, because I don't think Liverpool will ever have a shirt that doesn't incorporate the new badge, with the eternal flame etc.

Looks nice though, although I always prefer a collar.

Apparently they are changing the badge for the shirt, hence why all the mock ups have a more simple badge.

Taken from another forum

I work as an account manager for a large sports brand. Whilst meeting with a big sports chain today the topic of our shirt for next season came up. The buyers have all seen the samples. He tells me that the home shirt is really cool. Classic, plain red with just the Liverbird crest and no shield, Shankly gates etc. He cannot remember if eternal flame is on it but he does remember it in the back of the neck.

EagleLord

I remember last year that a section of everton fans were goin to complain that LFC use the liver bird excessively, and that the liver bird is a symbol for the city and not just their club. I think the majority of evertonians weren't bothered though.

I'm surprised that Man City haven't gone to one of the bigger brands yet and are sticking with umbro. Surely if they want to be a big big club like they say, shirt sales is one way of doing it. Having nike or adidas make their kit would surely boost the profile.

I like puma myself, like newcastles or alot of the African nations, Egypt is especially nice with the hieroglyphics as a watermark. I'd love to see puma make the Ireland kit but think umbro has them and england contracted for another 10yrs or something.

deiseach

Quote from: EagleLord on January 20, 2012, 03:04:59 PM
I remember last year that a section of everton fans were goin to complain that LFC use the liver bird excessively, and that the liver bird is a symbol for the city and not just their club.

Because complaining about it is really going to make LFC cut back on its use ;D

Archie Mitchell

I remember last year that a section of everton fans were goin to complain that LFC use the liver bird excessively, and that the liver bird is a symbol for the city and not just their club. I think the majority of evertonians weren't bothered though.

I'm surprised that Man City haven't gone to one of the bigger brands yet and are sticking with umbro. Surely if they want to be a big big club like they say, shirt sales is one way of doing it. Having nike or adidas make their kit would surely boost the profile.

I like puma myself, like newcastles or alot of the African nations, Egypt is especially nice with the hieroglyphics as a watermark. I'd love to see puma make the Ireland kit but think umbro has them and england contracted for another 10yrs or something.

Check out who own Umbro and why Rooney appeared in a Nike ad before last years World Cup in an Umbro England jersey.

Bingo

The Reebok/Adidas move was a strange one at the time. Yes, Adidas had bought Reebok but they had still 2/3 years to run on the Reebok deal, yet they broke it and resigned with Adidas with a significant increase in value to Liverpool. Maybe they thought the adidas brand would have been stronger and more profitable. They phased out reebok alot slower on other deals and loosely claimed that the move was independent of the takeover.

Warrior had a Trade show in dublin recently, the Liverpool jersey was in a separate room and was closely guarded, no media devices allowed in, jersey not allowed out etc. Was talking to a sports store owner who was talking to a rep at it. He had no detail on jersey but had brochures from Warrior on the big range of sportswear they going to launch, they really going to try and break into a more global market on the back of this Liverpool deal.

new devil

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 20, 2012, 03:46:55 PM

Check out who own Umbro and why Rooney appeared in a Nike ad before last years World Cup in an Umbro England jersey.

Whats the story here? They were selling England Umbro jerseys in the Nike store in New York during the last world cup

EagleLord

Ok, I see now that umbro are owned by nike, and umbro's HQ is in manchester..Still though.. I'd say the kit would be nicer if it was actually nike, and sell more worldwide :p

Gabriel_Hurl

Big game this evening given todays results

#LFC line-up against Bolton tonight:  Reina; Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique; Gerrard, Henderson, Adam, Maxi; Bellamy, Carroll.

AidyMac

big stories on twitter about Luis Suarez and him heading to Real Madrid - hope not true

The Worker

Quote from: AidyMac on January 21, 2012, 05:00:04 PM
big stories on twitter about Luis Suarez and him heading to Real Madrid - hope not true

on who's twitter account?

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

From the Bunker

supersub