The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefaircounty

Talked to a few guys who followed the Dutch League, said that despite his fantastic scoring rate, Suarez used to miss a host of chances in Holland too, it's a part of his game that is likely to remain.

On the stadium, redevelop Anfield would be a dream, but if we have to move, old-style four stands rather than a bowl, and a big, big Kop please. No big screens.

ross4life

What is going to become of the Anfield, another apartments block or a car park? Not much tradition left in English football when a pile of billionaires from USA,Russia,UAE have taken over.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RandyDupree

They cant build on the hallowed turf of the old (current) anfield as people have had their ashes scattered their and the land is sacred.

Norf Tyrone

Will Anfield actually give any value in terms of resale land? A few years ago maybe, but even then it's not exactly an 'in demand' part of the city. As people have mentioned most of the houses are boarded up.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

trileacman

After Hillsborough some of the victims ashes were scattered over the pitch. I don't think it will be redeveloped but left as a park area.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

deiseach

Quote from: trileacman on January 18, 2012, 12:22:31 AM
After Hillsborough some of the victims ashes were scattered over the pitch. I don't think it will be redeveloped but left as a park area.

How many times have they dug up the pitch since then? There's already a Hillsborough memorial, that should suffice.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on January 18, 2012, 09:56:54 AM
Quote from: trileacman on January 18, 2012, 12:22:31 AM

How many times have they dug up the pitch since then? There's already a Hillsborough memorial, that should suffice.

I think they have said that a new ground would incorporate the memorials such as the Enternal flame, Pasiley gates, etc etc and that the old ground regardless of any redevelopment would have a memorial garden as part of it to honour those who have been scattered there.

RandyDupree

muppet

Quote from: Bingo on January 18, 2012, 10:26:31 AM
I think they have said that a new ground would incorporate the memorials such as the Enternal flame, Pasiley gates, etc etc and that the old ground regardless of any redevelopment would have a memorial garden as part of it to honour those who have been scattered there.

Who are they kidding with all the Heavenly imagery, in Liverpool!
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2012, 08:23:18 PM
Quote from: new devil on January 18, 2012, 07:26:30 PM
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

What cause of death is the family claiming?
Don't know what the legalities are but the family are claiming there were reports of Kevin being alive at 4.00pm and his life could have been saved if he'd had proper medical intervention. 43 ambulances were at the scene but only one was allowed into the ground.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1073369/Hillsborough-victims-mother-Anne-Williams-Its-gone-long-I-want-Sorry.html

The online response (~60k signatures of the 100k required by tomorrow) has been disgraceful considering the number of Liverpool fans in the general public.

Bingo

Up to almost 87k at the minute, massive effort over last few days. Going to close.

Met Anne Williams about 10 years ago at a function in Dublin, a lovely woman. Has been carrying this cross for a long time and is deserves to get answers after all these years.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Bingo on January 19, 2012, 09:44:20 AM
Up to almost 87k at the minute, massive effort over last few days. Going to close.

Met Anne Williams about 10 years ago at a function in Dublin, a lovely woman. Has been carrying this cross for a long time and is deserves to get answers after all these years.

Looks like they're going to make it - over 96k now