NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Dire Ear on March 24, 2022, 04:03:02 PM
Not a chance Kerry will let Tyrone come down and take the points;  O'Connor wouldn't be having that
Could be a dirty one,  plenty of cards
Mother's Day ones I'm sure....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Blowitupref

Quote from: ck on March 24, 2022, 03:42:19 PM
Kerry surely will give their squad a run in a meaningless game V Tyrone? This allows Tyrone swoop in for a win and retain Div.1. TYRONE TO WIN.

Same for Mayo??.. which gives Kildare a shout? Mayo are playing different players every week so he may opt to go with his best 15, if he knows it. KILDARE TO WIN.

Donegal may have to win to stay up V Armagh who want to get to a league final(?). These 2 meet each other in C'ship also so it could be shadow boxing. Donegal are playing horrible defensive football again so ARMAGH TO WIN.

Monaghan are at home to an improving Dublin. Both have to win, this will be the game of the day as both go for the win. DUBLIN TO SHADE IT.

Armagh and Kerry into Div.1 league final.
Donegal and Monaghan to be relegated.

Jack O'Connor didn't give his squad much of a run in the McGrath cup so I doubt he'll do it this weekend. He'll want to keep the unbeaten run going and bring that momentum into the championship

Farrandeelin has posted up the Mayo team, the main question is how many of that team will start against Galway on April 24th, Rob Hennelly,Diarmuid O'Connor will be back in but its looking doubtful that Cillian O'Connor will feature having missed all of the league. Kildare's need is greater in this game and should grab at least a draw.

On Donegal they look so disorganised, defence is too loose their attacking play is relying on individual moments and their record in Letterkenny is poor. Armagh will be more than delighted get a 3rd year in Div 1 and have a decent chance of reaching the final. Scores have dried up in recent weeks for them.

I'd agreed Monaghan v Dublin is probably the game of the day. Can Banty pull the rabbit out of the hat? last year they stayed up by the skin of their teeth but helped by Galway who really should have won. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

I think Dublin will beat Monaghan well tbh. They've stepped up a bit. (Happy to be wrong as I would like to see them in division 2  ;D)

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 24, 2022, 04:17:15 PM
I think Dublin will beat Monaghan well tbh. They've stepped up a bit. (Happy to be wrong as I would like to see them in division 2  ;D)

The Dubs have stepped up and their starting team is looking more like a championship team. Monaghan have already lost two of their home games. The best replacement for Malachy O'Rourke was Banty? That made no sense to me at all.

balladmaker

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 24, 2022, 04:13:51 PM
Kerry surely will give their squad a run in a meaningless game V Tyrone? This allows Tyrone swoop in for a win and retain Div.1. TYRONE TO WIN.

Same for Mayo??.. which gives Kildare a shout? Mayo are playing different players every week so he may opt to go with his best 15, if he knows it. KILDARE TO WIN.

Donegal may have to win to stay up V Armagh who want to get to a league final(?). These 2 meet each other in C'ship also so it could be shadow boxing. Donegal are playing horrible defensive football again so ARMAGH TO WIN.

Monaghan are at home to an improving Dublin. Both have to win, this will be the game of the day as both go for the win. DUBLIN TO SHADE IT.

Jack O'Connor didn't give his squad much of a run in the McGrath cup so I doubt he'll do it this weekend. He'll want to keep the unbeaten run going and bring that momentum into the championship

Farrandeelin has posted up the Mayo team, the main question is how many of that team will start against Galway on April 24th, Rob Hennelly,Diarmuid O'Connor will be back in but its looking doubtful that Cillian O'Connor will feature having missed all of the league. Kildare's need is greater in this game and should grab at least a draw.

On Donegal they look so disorganised, defence is too loose their attacking play is relying on individual moments and their record in Letterkenny is poor. Armagh will be more than delighted get a 3rd year in Div 1 and have a decent chance of reaching the final. Scores have dried up in recent weeks for them.

I'd agreed Monaghan v Dublin is probably the game of the day. Can Banty pull the rabbit out of the hat? last year they stayed up by the skin of their teeth but helped by Galway who really should have won.

Not only can Banty pull the rabbit out of the hat, it mightn't even be the same rabbit that was put into the hat in the first place :-) I wouldn't put it past him to contrive a grinding one point win.

Main Street

Philly McMahon thinks that like any fan, 'Dublin fans won't like to see a Dublin team being relegated  but with the big base that Dublin has, the fans would be unhappy with that.'
First I thought he was saying that relegation would be more of a problem for Dublin because due to their large fanbase the unhappiness would weigh heavier in the metropolis than in counties with a lesser fanbase.
But it's more that Dublin fans would also be unhappy with relegation because there are a lot of them.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 24, 2022, 04:13:51 PM

As I said earlier the approach for the Armagh game is likely to be very similar to lineup for the Tyrone game.
A combination of some of the first 15 and some squad players being given a run.
No-one with any sort of injury or knock risked.
It definitely won't be a championship 15 but it won't be a B team either.
Kerry lads trying to compete for both starting and squad places.
Anyone who thinks Kerry will be turning up to get their bellies tickled at home in Killarney against Tyrone hasn't been paying attention.
I expect this to be a tight tricky affair.

I think Dublin will get the win against Monaghan, who have flirted with relegation so many times and survived but I think will get caught this time.
Dublin still seem a long way off where they were but there were enough serious flashes of the old Dublin against Donegal I thought.
I think Dublin will get the win and at least one of Tyrone, Kildare and Donegal to not get more than 5 points to keep Dublin safe.

I think the likeliest scenario is that Tyrone, Kildare and Donegal will all lose and the 2nd relegation place will come down to 3 teams on 5 points so score difference will come into it.
Tyrone are on -12, Donegal are on -9 and Kildare are on +1.

I can't see Mayo beating Kildare badly enough that Kildare will end up going down on score difference.
However the worry for Kildare though is a situation where one of Tyrone or Donegal win and then end up on a head-to-head with either Donegal or Tyrone both who have the head-to-head advantage over them. The reverse of this is Donegal who will be hoping it comes down to head-to-head as they have wins over both Tyrone and Kildare.
Tyrone will be hoping for a head-to-head against Kildare but not against Donegal.

If Tyrone, Donegal and Kildare all lose the question is what the margin of loss is in both games and whether it's enough to overcome Donegal's 3 point advantage.
If it comes to a situation where Kildare, Tyrone and Donegal are all on 5 points and Donegal and Tyrone are level on score difference e.g. Tyrone lose by 1 point Donegal lose by 4 points, then it goes to total scored.
In this case Tyrone would surely be relegated with their total score being 67 versus Donegal's 78 and Kildare's 86.

I think Dublin and Kildare will survive and Monaghan will go down.
Right now I think Tyrone are likelier than Donegal to join them given the various scenarios.

God14

Thats a good summary 2hands
Very intriguing final day

Aaron Boone

Quote from: God14 on March 25, 2022, 06:16:12 AM

Very intriguing indeed.  A marketing man's dream - but not being pushed too hard by GAA marketing guys. 

Average Score

They really don't.

Armagh18

Quote from: Main Street on March 24, 2022, 06:40:40 PM
Philly McMahon thinks that like any fan, 'Dublin fans won't like to see a Dublin team being relegated  but with the big base that Dublin has, the fans would be unhappy with that.'
First I thought he was saying that relegation would be more of a problem for Dublin because due to their large fanbase the unhappiness would weigh heavier in the metropolis than in counties with a lesser fanbase.
But it's more that Dublin fans would also be unhappy with relegation because there are a lot of them.
Does he not mean big base as in playing numbers?

KickPass

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2022, 09:10:21 AM

I think he is insinuating that the fair-weather fan-base, which makes up the vast majority of Dublin fans, may disappear again

Armagh18

Quote from: Average Score on March 25, 2022, 07:51:22 AM

They really don't.
We would love to. But can't see us going all guns blazing with our championship team. Still fancy us to nick a win either way.

twohands!!!

Quote from: KickPass on March 25, 2022, 09:14:05 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 25, 2022, 09:10:21 AM

I think he is insinuating that the fair-weather fan-base, which makes up the vast majority of Dublin fans, may disappear again

The attendance at the Donegal game was 15k.

I think some of them might have already disappeared.

If Dublin did end up in Divison 2 you wonder if some of their games might end up back in Parnell Park.

Captain Scarlet

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 25, 2022, 07:15:44 AM
Quote from: God14 on March 25, 2022, 06:16:12 AM

Very intriguing indeed.  A marketing man's dream - but not being pushed too hard by GAA marketing guys.

I actually wonder what the in-house crew do at all? I mean any campaign, etc comes from sponsors via the agencies. Like the league is closing and you have nothing.
Like any decent explainer I see is from forums like this...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.