Olympics Tokyo.

Started by Denn Forever, July 14, 2021, 11:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bridgegael on August 08, 2021, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2021, 02:47:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2021, 02:41:11 PM
She doesn't count for me. Great to see us getting another gold.

Does Wiggins or Mo count?

Or Radcliffe, Holmes, Ohuruogu , Christie.

I think Radcliffe's London marathon is still a record?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Different scenarios but tbh I think they are very tainted and ohorugu should have been banned too.

Radcliffe I have a wee nightly doubt about but is probably ok. Associations with Salazar or team sky for me are both very suspect for farah and wiggins. Farah's descent post Salazar is very suspicious and wiggins with the tue stuff very suspicious. I don't know many who believe in farah to be honest. I think Radcliffe makes her money from Nike and won't speak ill due to that. That is my kind of gut feeling anyway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2021, 05:58:23 PM

Different scenarios but tbh I think they are very tainted and ohorugu should have been banned too.

Radcliffe I have a wee nightly doubt about but is probably ok. Associations with Salazar or team sky for me are both very suspect for farah and wiggins. Farah's descent post Salazar is very suspicious and wiggins with the tue stuff very suspicious. I don't know many who believe in farah to be honest. I think Radcliffe makes her money from Nike and won't speak ill due to that. That is my kind of gut feeling anyway.

Scenario is similar in that they never tested positive kept their golds and are knighted. Wiggins left the sport and as you say Mo has looked bang average when trying to revive his running, either marathon or recently with getting picked for Olympics.

Watched the show on Netflix, Icarus, you could be taking enhancing medications that aren't banned and not on the list. It's only when it's banned that you run the risk. If she was doing the likes of what Armstrong was doing then it's nearly impossible to catch. It's purely speculation, but well informed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I meant wiggins or farah vs smith de bruin. Debruin had the tainted sample. Wiggins has the tue stuff highlighted by the Russian hackers and farah has speculation around Ethiopian relationships which are really suspect but never proven. The tainted test by Debruin for me is game over. Contador in cycling is tainted for a masking agent and that is him bang to rights for it - she is the same in my view and in most people's views that I know of. I have always felt a bit of pride seeing Irish people do well in the olympics but none for her.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2021, 08:27:20 PM
I meant wiggins or farah vs smith de bruin. Debruin had the tainted sample. Wiggins has the tue stuff highlighted by the Russian hackers and farah has speculation around Ethiopian relationships which are really suspect but never proven. The tainted test by Debruin for me is game over. Contador in cycling is tainted for a masking agent and that is him bang to rights for it - she is the same in my view and in most people's views that I know of. I have always felt a bit of pride seeing Irish people do well in the olympics but none for her.

Tainted after Olympics? Like Christie?

imtommygunn

BennyCake

Did Linford Christie test positive?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 08, 2021, 10:00:14 PM
Did Linford Christie test positive?

Christie tested postive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone in 1999. He was cleared by UK Athletics but the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) overturned the decision and banned him for two years

imtommygunn

He came out of retirement to race and was caught then.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2021, 08:15:52 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2021, 05:58:23 PM

Scenario is similar in that they never tested positive kept their golds and are knighted. Wiggins left the sport and as you say Mo has looked bang average when trying to revive his running, either marathon or recently with getting picked for Olympics.

Watched the show on Netflix, Icarus, you could be taking enhancing medications that aren't banned and not on the list. It's only when it's banned that you run the risk. If she was doing the likes of what Armstrong was doing then it's nearly impossible to catch. It's purely speculation, but well informed
The Brits refuse to believe that it would happen on their own doorstep. Same as diving in the soccer - only Johnny Foreigner is at it when it's rife in English players.

Main Street

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 08, 2021, 09:27:33 AM
Up there with the best ever boxing performances by a Irish person in the Olympics. Well done Kellie
Why not the best ever?  though Jim McCourt was before my time as were the Melbourne 1956 medalists.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2021, 12:57:12 AM
Up there with the best ever boxing performances by a Irish person in the Olympics. Well done Kellie
Why not the best ever?  though Jim McCourt was before my time as were the Melbourne 1956 medalists.

Jim McCourt, such a lovely fella, Jim did the door at our club for 20 years, he kept his skills up on a Friday and Saturday night

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2021, 07:27:58 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2021, 12:57:12 AM

Jim McCourt, such a lovely fella, Jim did the door at our club for 20 years, he kept his skills up on a Friday and Saturday night
I remember my uncle thought Jim walked on water and if he was ever beaten it was daylight robbery.

Capt Pat

Team GB sprinter CJ Ujah has been suspended after testing positive for a performance enhancing substance. He won silver in the 4 × 100 metre relay.

Good to see the authorities catching up with a drugs cheat.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 12, 2021, 06:28:39 PM
Team GB sprinter CJ Ujah has been suspended after testing positive for a performance enhancing substance. He won silver in the 4 × 100 metre relay.

Good to see the authorities catching up with a drugs cheat.
Team GB athlete so it can't be true. If upheld presumably the team get their medals rescinded?