Cork U21 v Waterford U21 Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 7:30 Wednesday 2nd June

Started by GAA_Punter, June 02, 2010, 07:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Punter

Cork U21 v Waterford U21 – Team news, Live scores & Result – Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 7.30pm

Bord Gais Munster U21 Hurling Championship

Cork U21 0-00 0-00 Waterford U21 – Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 7.30pm

Cork to start with one change No 12 Aidan Walsh is replaced by No 22 Mark Collins the Waterford team is unchanged

Cork: C McCarthy; S McDonnell, E Keane, C O'Sullivan; J Nagle, W Egan (capt), L McLoughlin; D Kearney, S Farrell; M Bowles, C McCarthy, A Walsh; R Clifford, T Murphy, L O'Farrell.

Waterford: S O'Keeffe; Shane Kearney, B Coughlan, N Connors; J Prendergast, P Mahony (capt), S Daniels; S Fives, O Whelan; R Fenton, S Ahearne, Shane Kearney; B O'Sullivan, M Shanahan, T Ryan.

The winners will meet Tipperary in the Semi-Final on July 15.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/06/02/cork-u21-v-waterford-u21-team-news-live-scores-result-pairc-ui-chaoimh-7-30pm/

GAA_Punter

Reillers

dowling

Am I wrong or was it not that long ago that you were spouting there was nothing coming through because the CB had messed everything up etc, etc?
Had Ger McCarthy anything to do with developing any of those players?

theskull1

Frank and the County Board along with the delegates should be ashamed of themselves for appointing Gers backroom boys ....eh Reillers  :)

You can't be right all the time. Zulu I expect you to demand that Reillers apologises for this post ;)

Quote from: Reillers on August 31, 2009, 01:01:59 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 30, 2009, 03:28:34 PM

Another appointment frank made for all the right reasons...

Speaking of appointments Frank made for all the right reasons..the U21 manager/selectors were named the other day, resulting in furious Cork GAA people asking why, yet again.

JBM (that's Jimmy Barry Murphy lads..ie Dowling) was very interested in taking the U21 job, what a blessing we thought, the U21s have the potential, we've seen that, they've just been poorly run. So for the GAA public in Cork, it seemed too good to be true, has the CCB surprised us after all?
Ahhahahahaa..not a chance. It was too good to be true, and then some.

JBM-should have been falling over backwards to help him, get him what he wants. They should feel blessed that he wanted the job.
All the CCB had to do was 2 things. Not tell the media. Let him pick his own selectors.

Nothing unreasonable..not unless you're the CCB.
They leak it to the media.
They stick him with Gerald's old selectors..the Execs men, refusing to let him pick his own selectors.

They made him an offer he could refuse. And he did. They pushed JBM, THE JBM, away from the job, all so the execs could get their men in, never mind a chance of success. We can't have that now can we.

With Donal O Grady, Allen, Justin McCarthy..etc on the black list, JBM would have been a massive win for the Cork GAA.
But, oh, no, no, no. They push out a legend who we were all looking forward to leading Cork again, we could not have asked for anyone better, and in they put.in the old boys and the executives got their men.

(Ger Fitzgerald (manager), Teddy McCarthy, John Mortell, Darragh Holland and Don Cronin for the U21s. Seanie McGrath a selector for the Minors.)

Shockingly familiar names. Same old, same old,  jobs for the boys.

JBM, the latest to fall victim to the CCB's manipulation and incompitenceAnd as it was said on RebelGAA.."Jimmy Barry becomes the latest man to find out that this is not Tiananman Square. In Pairc Ui Chaoimh, the tanks don't stop."

You think after years of this crap that the CCB would learn, that they wouldn't be so confronting.

You think, anyone else would want to take cover for a bit, anyone else wouldn't have the balls to put in such a hated controversial character like Teddy McCarthy, especially so soon after the "incident," but to think that the CCB should get itself involved in another bout of administrative madness and pure incompetence, and in the process potentially damage Cork hurling more so then they have all ready.

I mean he's not a credible candidate, but yet he's getting such a high profile role with such an important team. Shocking, but not surprising one bit. Which is beyond depressing.

And is it any wonder why Aidan Walsh and Ciaran Sheehan are choosing football over hurling.

Yet again the delegates sit in silence.

But I suppose, rewards come for those who act on behalf of the CCB or those who hang their heads in silence when what's needed really is a lions roar.

We'd the opportunity to have JBM as coach, but instead, thanks to pathetic little games, now he's the victim of the kind of maneuverings that have helped damage us in the first place. Of all people, he deserves better. He doesn't deserve to be another person who the CB walk over, just to get their way.

He wanted to pick his own selectors, county board said no..SAME OLD STORY.
Despite what's happened over the last 3 years the CCB refuse to change.

Clubs need to get their act together ahead of the Convention. Change must happen, or the same thing will happen over and over again, while the CCB, well they'll hide under bylaws and regulations and refuse to acknowledge the damage they are doing to Cork GAA.

The Cork GAA public is falling over itself trying to get over yet another smack in the face. It's unbelivable (well sadly it isn't actually) that they refuse to learn from the past.
I mean, what do they want the whole of the Cork clubs to turn against them more?
They were on the verge of a complete uprising..they didn't even blink. They refused to acknowledge the clubs, what we want, they've told us it doesn't matter, they've the rules on their side, we've no say. We don't matter.

This is hopefully the one big stick that the clubs can use to batter the board with come the conventions. They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for long enough.

The delegates sat in silence, while the executives got their man.
They sat in silence..you think one of them would have siad something, you think one of them would have smelt a rat, just feckin one of them..
But yet again, there was nothing but silence.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on June 02, 2010, 11:48:33 PM
Am I wrong or was it not that long ago that you were spouting there was nothing coming through because the CB had messed everything up etc, etc?
Had Ger McCarthy anything to do with developing any of those players?

I think I've said..many times over that there is talent there it just is badly run, I said, over and over again that it was rotten from the inside out and that politics gets in the way, the right players aren't always picked and that remains the same till this day. I have said, that the players are there but the set up is bad, and while they've talent to get so far by themselves they'll fail in the harder games if the poor set up remains the same.

Why Gerald McCarthy comes into this..I've no idea why you're bringing him up..well besides your obsession, he's nothing to, and never has had anything to do with this current U21 squad or minor team.

What is your problem like. Can you not just get over it. Find something else to entertain yourself with..same type of situation of sorts, is going on with Limerick..where's your moaning over that.

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on June 03, 2010, 12:19:04 AM
Frank and the County Board along with the delegates should be ashamed of themselves for appointing Gers backroom boys ....eh Reillers  :)

You can't be right all the time. Zulu I expect you to demand that Reillers apologises for this post ;)

Quote from: Reillers on August 31, 2009, 01:01:59 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 30, 2009, 03:28:34 PM

Another appointment frank made for all the right reasons...

Speaking of appointments Frank made for all the right reasons..the U21 manager/selectors were named the other day, resulting in furious Cork GAA people asking why, yet again.

JBM (that's Jimmy Barry Murphy lads..ie Dowling) was very interested in taking the U21 job, what a blessing we thought, the U21s have the potential, we've seen that, they've just been poorly run. So for the GAA public in Cork, it seemed too good to be true, has the CCB surprised us after all?
Ahhahahahaa..not a chance. It was too good to be true, and then some.

JBM-should have been falling over backwards to help him, get him what he wants. They should feel blessed that he wanted the job.
All the CCB had to do was 2 things. Not tell the media. Let him pick his own selectors.

Nothing unreasonable..not unless you're the CCB.
They leak it to the media.
They stick him with Gerald's old selectors..the Execs men, refusing to let him pick his own selectors.

They made him an offer he could refuse. And he did. They pushed JBM, THE JBM, away from the job, all so the execs could get their men in, never mind a chance of success. We can't have that now can we.

With Donal O Grady, Allen, Justin McCarthy..etc on the black list, JBM would have been a massive win for the Cork GAA.
But, oh, no, no, no. They push out a legend who we were all looking forward to leading Cork again, we could not have asked for anyone better, and in they put.in the old boys and the executives got their men.

(Ger Fitzgerald (manager), Teddy McCarthy, John Mortell, Darragh Holland and Don Cronin for the U21s. Seanie McGrath a selector for the Minors.)

Shockingly familiar names. Same old, same old,  jobs for the boys.

JBM, the latest to fall victim to the CCB's manipulation and incompitenceAnd as it was said on RebelGAA.."Jimmy Barry becomes the latest man to find out that this is not Tiananman Square. In Pairc Ui Chaoimh, the tanks don't stop."

You think after years of this crap that the CCB would learn, that they wouldn't be so confronting.

You think, anyone else would want to take cover for a bit, anyone else wouldn't have the balls to put in such a hated controversial character like Teddy McCarthy, especially so soon after the "incident," but to think that the CCB should get itself involved in another bout of administrative madness and pure incompetence, and in the process potentially damage Cork hurling more so then they have all ready.

I mean he's not a credible candidate, but yet he's getting such a high profile role with such an important team. Shocking, but not surprising one bit. Which is beyond depressing.

And is it any wonder why Aidan Walsh and Ciaran Sheehan are choosing football over hurling.

Yet again the delegates sit in silence.

But I suppose, rewards come for those who act on behalf of the CCB or those who hang their heads in silence when what's needed really is a lions roar.

We'd the opportunity to have JBM as coach, but instead, thanks to pathetic little games, now he's the victim of the kind of maneuverings that have helped damage us in the first place. Of all people, he deserves better. He doesn't deserve to be another person who the CB walk over, just to get their way.

He wanted to pick his own selectors, county board said no..SAME OLD STORY.
Despite what's happened over the last 3 years the CCB refuse to change.

Clubs need to get their act together ahead of the Convention. Change must happen, or the same thing will happen over and over again, while the CCB, well they'll hide under bylaws and regulations and refuse to acknowledge the damage they are doing to Cork GAA.

The Cork GAA public is falling over itself trying to get over yet another smack in the face. It's unbelivable (well sadly it isn't actually) that they refuse to learn from the past.
I mean, what do they want the whole of the Cork clubs to turn against them more?
They were on the verge of a complete uprising..they didn't even blink. They refused to acknowledge the clubs, what we want, they've told us it doesn't matter, they've the rules on their side, we've no say. We don't matter.

This is hopefully the one big stick that the clubs can use to batter the board with come the conventions. They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for long enough.

The delegates sat in silence, while the executives got their man.
They sat in silence..you think one of them would have siad something, you think one of them would have smelt a rat, just feckin one of them..
But yet again, there was nothing but silence.

Are you and Dowling the sme person becaus I find it hard to believe that there is more than one person out there who is that obsessed with Gerald McCarthy.

What am I wrong about exactly? Because that post, I go on about the disgraceful treatment of JBM, and how it was idiotic for them to let him get away, and to treat him the way they treated everyone else..like nothing better than what you'd find at the bottom of your shoe. I stand by that. Whether or not the guys appointed could do the job or not wasn't the point.

And the clubs have gotten their act in order, like I said they should, like the entire of Cork thought they should, and now we have the club forum, and things look better now.

What you're taking from that post I don't know..why Zulu should be annoyed again..why? I mean really?

The two of ye need to get a life, you bring up a post, almost a year later, (never mind the fact that a lot of things have changed,) I mean if you were going to waste your time searching through all of that, you could have atleast tried to come up with something relevant. But you don't.

..I came on to hopefully discuss the game, but as usual ye two/one..have gone on and continue to moan about things that happened than a year ago. I mean give me a f**king break.

dowling

Give you a break? Don't tempt us!

You're on the Munster thread trying to justify the strike and all the nastiness that went with it on one result.
Like the strikers you're full of contradictions and hypocrisy.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on June 02, 2010, 09:35:00 PM
Quote from: GAA_Punter on June 02, 2010, 08:51:46 PM
Cork U21 1-16 1-03 Waterford U21 result

Great result..hopefully a great season ahead.

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2010, 12:40:49 AM

Are you and Dowling the sme person becaus I find it hard to believe that there is more than one person out there who is that obsessed with Gerald McCarthy.

What am I wrong about exactly? Because that post, I go on about the disgraceful treatment of JBM, and how it was idiotic for them to let him get away, and to treat him the way they treated everyone else..like nothing better than what you'd find at the bottom of your shoe. I stand by that. Whether or not the guys appointed could do the job or not wasn't the point.

And the clubs have gotten their act in order, like I said they should, like the entire of Cork thought they should, and now we have the club forum, and things look better now.

What you're taking from that post I don't know..why Zulu should be annoyed again..why? I mean really?

The two of ye need to get a life, you bring up a post, almost a year later, (never mind the fact that a lot of things have changed,) I mean if you were going to waste your time searching through all of that, you could have atleast tried to come up with something relevant. But you don't.

..I came on to hopefully discuss the game, but as usual ye two/one..have gone on and continue to moan about things that happened than a year ago. I mean give me a f**king break.

That post was not solely about the way JBM was disgracefully treated Reillers. You went way beyond making that point....read what you wrote for gods sake. I'd just like you to put into context your latest reply bearing in mind the opinion you had of the personnel concerned 9 months ago. Are you prepared to accept now that your position regarding the CCB & the Management team in relation to their appointment was made in the best interests of the teams fortunes rather the heavily biased myopically screwed perpsective you gave us at that time? It certainly appears to the case

You never actually described to us in detail the way JBM was disgracefully treated btw. What exactly happened? Sounds pretty bad. Or was it a case of him simply not getting the job? Or possibly a case of the CCB considering JBM as being someone who could play a part in other ways (like he is now with the seniors)? In hindsight is this not a blessing in disguise that you should be very grateful for?

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on June 03, 2010, 10:35:31 AM
Quote from: Reillers on June 02, 2010, 09:35:00 PM
Quote from: GAA_Punter on June 02, 2010, 08:51:46 PM
Cork U21 1-16 1-03 Waterford U21 result

Great result..hopefully a great season ahead.

Quote from: Reillers on June 03, 2010, 12:40:49 AM

That post was not solely about the way JBM was disgracefully treated Reillers. You went way beyond making that point....read what you wrote for gods sake. I'd just like you to put into context your latest reply bearing in mind the opinion you had of the personnel concerned 9 months ago. Are you prepared to accept now that your position regarding the CCB & the Management team in relation to their appointment was made in the best interests of the teams fortunes rather the heavily biased myopically screwed perpsective you gave us at that time? It certainly appears to the case

You never actually described to us in detail the way JBM was disgracefully treated btw. What exactly happened? Sounds pretty bad. Or was it a case of him simply not getting the job? Or possibly a case of the CCB considering JBM as being someone who could play a part in other ways (like he is now with the seniors)? In hindsight is this not a blessing in disguise that you should be very grateful for?

I wrote the post I know what it's about. I didn't like the way, none of us liked the way that JBM was treated, my exact problems are pretty clear from the post.

I still maintain the fact that they gave the old boys jobs, taking care of them, despite the best interest of the game, and the same problems remain to this day.

I have always said that we had the potential and the talent to get so far but the poor structure and management will show up in the harder games, because the young lads can only go so far by themselves.

This year we've very strong U21 and minor teams, hopefully we'll get silverware, but it still doesn't change the fact that the underage structure is a joke, the way the CCB lads were appointed again, despite there being better options was ridiculous. But I never said that they couldn't do the job.

It was a good result in a poor game, a win is a win and hopefully we've a great season ahead, but it still doesn't change the fact that there are so many underlining problems there that you clearly don't see..

We still have the same problems we had last year and the year before that and years before that.
The best teams are rarely put out because the best players are rarely picked, because the one thing that dominates the u21s and the minor teams in politics.

I stand by what I said. You trying to twist it, or whatever you/Dowling..(one of the same) are trying to do is a waste of time.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on June 03, 2010, 08:43:55 AM
Give you a break? Don't tempt us!

You're on the Munster thread trying to justify the strike and all the nastiness that went with it on one result.
Like the strikers you're full of contradictions and hypocrisy.

So you clearly read the post then.  ::) ::)

theskull1

2 posts ago you wrote

QuoteThe two of ye need to get a life, you bring up a post, almost a year later, (never mind the fact that a lot of things have changed,) I mean if you were going to waste your time searching through all of that, you could have atleast tried to come up with something relevant. But you don't.

In your last post you wrote
QuoteWe still have the same problems we had last year and the year before that and years before that.
The best teams are rarely put out because the best players are rarely picked, because the one thing that dominates the u21s and the minor teams in politics.

I suppose those statements put together makes sense in Reillersland  ::)

The reality is Reillers you have no idea how JBM was treated. You were (and maybe still are...its hard to tell) simply using JBM not getting the U21 position as a vehicle to project you're bile towards those you hate (i.e. FM and his minions) but that doesn't make your perspective reality. One does wonder why someone like JBM who if treated so poorly found it within himself to take on another position in the cork coaching staff? What answer have you came up with?

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on June 03, 2010, 02:12:26 PM
2 posts ago you wrote

QuoteThe two of ye need to get a life, you bring up a post, almost a year later, (never mind the fact that a lot of things have changed,) I mean if you were going to waste your time searching through all of that, you could have atleast tried to come up with something relevant. But you don't.

In your last post you wrote
QuoteWe still have the same problems we had last year and the year before that and years before that.

I suppose those statements put together makes sense in Reillersland  ::)

The reality is Reillers you have no idea how JBM was treated. You were (and maybe still are...its hard to tell) simply using JBM not getting the U21 position as a vehicle to project you're bile towards those you hate (i.e. FM and his minions) but that doesn't make your perspective reality. One does wonder why someone like JBM who if treated so poorly found it within himself to take on another position in the cork coaching staff? What answer have you came up with?

You do know how to take things out of context don't you. I thought I was done breaking things down for your obsessions. JBM wanted the job, on the condtion that he would pick his own selecters, the CCB said no and forced him with the previous boys from the senior team.

..I mentioned him once about a year ago..and you go all the way back post after post, looking for it, bring it up and out of that you think I'm "using JBM not getting the U21 position as a vehicle to project you're bile towards those you hate"

Because I was annoyed at the time of how the new U21 managment team was selected. He wanted the job, everyone wanted him to have the job, he wanted it to be kept quiet they blabbed to the media, he wanted to pick his own selectors, and they refused saying that if he was given the job it'd be with Teddy McCarthy, Ger Fitzgerald  and John Mortell, which he didn't want. They continued to mess him around untill they finally gave the job to the people they wanted.
And it annoyed a hell of a lot of people.

I mean why are you talkng about it, what has any of this, JBM not getting the job, got to do with this topic.
It is pointless arguing with you and your other account Dowling because you don't listen to fact or reason.

I'm done trying to discussing this topic, it's been talked to death, this is a topic about the U21s Cork v Waterford game. You're ramblings is nothing but you being a WUM and your issues don't belong in this topic. It is purely about the game that was on last night. It doesn't need to be hijacked by your obsessions.

Tatler Jack

QuoteI wrote the post I know what it's about. I didn't like the way, none of us liked the way that JBM was treated

Just to clarify once more that there was no queston of JBM being badly treated. JBM declined the job for personal reasons. At the time it suited the Reillerites down here to again try and paint the CB in a bad light and this story grew legs - Reillers as usual relying on Rebel GAA for his info. For what its worth JBM is quite close to some of the much maligned CB members.