McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on August 30, 2009, 11:31:37 PM
I was just being a little sarcastic muppet, unusual for me I know but there ye go. Actually watched the semi against Mayo and thought they were well worth the win.

..Sounded like you hadn't a clue to me.

dowling

Sure it sounds to you like no one has a clue Reillers.

But the point to it was how come there's success elswhere in Cork, intermediate hurlers thrash the Cats, the Ladies stroll into a final and the footballers look good for their final?

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on August 30, 2009, 11:57:12 PM

But the point to it was how come there's success elswhere in Cork, intermediate hurlers thrash the Cats, the Ladies stroll into a final and the footballers look good for their final?

You could just admit that you didn't know..but never mind.

Success where? Intermediates, great, I was there, complete landslide in the second half, delighted for the lads. But success where else exactly?
Underage..no, no, no..don't think so.
Like I said, the ladies football and camogie have nothing to do with the CCB. Can't put it in more plain English then that.
The footballers, well that'd really be despite the CCB wouldn't it. And no success yet, hopefully that'll change come AI final day.

And I suppose it's just a good thing the footballers haven't pissed off the CB as much as the hurlers have.

Reillers

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 30, 2009, 03:28:34 PM

Another appointment frank made for all the right reasons...

Speaking of appointments Frank made for all the right reasons..the U21 manager/selectors were named the other day, resulting in furious Cork GAA people asking why, yet again.

JBM (that's Jimmy Barry Murphy lads..ie Dowling) was very interested in taking the U21 job, what a blessing we thought, the U21s have the potential, we've seen that, they've just been poorly run. So for the GAA public in Cork, it seemed too good to be true, has the CCB surprised us after all?
Ahhahahahaa..not a chance. It was too good to be true, and then some.

JBM-should have been falling over backwards to help him, get him what he wants. They should feel blessed that he wanted the job.
All the CCB had to do was 2 things. Not tell the media. Let him pick his own selectors.

Nothing unreasonable..not unless you're the CCB.
They leak it to the media.
They stick him with Gerald's old selectors..the Execs men, refusing to let him pick his own selectors.

They made him an offer he could refuse. And he did. They pushed JBM, THE JBM, away from the job, all so the execs could get their men in, never mind a chance of success. We can't have that now can we.

With Donal O Grady, Allen, Justin McCarthy..etc on the black list, JBM would have been a massive win for the Cork GAA.
But, oh, no, no, no. They push out a legend who we were all looking forward to leading Cork again, we could not have asked for anyone better, and in they put.in the old boys and the executives got their men.

(Ger Fitzgerald (manager), Teddy McCarthy, John Mortell, Darragh Holland and Don Cronin for the U21s. Seanie McGrath a selector for the Minors.)

Shockingly familiar names. Same old, same old,  jobs for the boys.

JBM, the latest to fall victim to the CCB's manipulation and incompitenceAnd as it was said on RebelGAA.."Jimmy Barry becomes the latest man to find out that this is not Tiananman Square. In Pairc Ui Chaoimh, the tanks don't stop."

You think after years of this crap that the CCB would learn, that they wouldn't be so confronting.

You think, anyone else would want to take cover for a bit, anyone else wouldn't have the balls to put in such a hated controversial character like Teddy McCarthy, especially so soon after the "incident," but to think that the CCB should get itself involved in another bout of administrative madness and pure incompetence, and in the process potentially damage Cork hurling more so then they have all ready.

I mean he's not a credible candidate, but yet he's getting such a high profile role with such an important team. Shocking, but not surprising one bit. Which is beyond depressing.

And is it any wonder why Aidan Walsh and Ciaran Sheehan are choosing football over hurling.

Yet again the delegates sit in silence.

But I suppose, rewards come for those who act on behalf of the CCB or those who hang their heads in silence when what's needed really is a lions roar.

We'd the opportunity to have JBM as coach, but instead, thanks to pathetic little games, now he's the victim of the kind of maneuverings that have helped damage us in the first place. Of all people, he deserves better. He doesn't deserve to be another person who the CB walk over, just to get their way.

He wanted to pick his own selectors, county board said no..SAME OLD STORY.
Despite what's happened over the last 3 years the CCB refuse to change.

Clubs need to get their act together ahead of the Convention. Change must happen, or the same thing will happen over and over again, while the CCB, well they'll hide under bylaws and regulations and refuse to acknowledge the damage they are doing to Cork GAA.

The Cork GAA public is falling over itself trying to get over yet another smack in the face. It's unbelivable (well sadly it isn't actually) that they refuse to learn from the past.
I mean, what do they want the whole of the Cork clubs to turn against them more?
They were on the verge of a complete uprising..they didn't even blink. They refused to acknowledge the clubs, what we want, they've told us it doesn't matter, they've the rules on their side, we've no say. We don't matter.

This is hopefully the one big stick that the clubs can use to batter the board with come the conventions. They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for long enough.

The delegates sat in silence, while the executives got their man.
They sat in silence..you think one of them would have siad something, you think one of them would have smelt a rat, just feckin one of them..
But yet again, there was nothing but silence.

orangeman

How dare the county board take on the role of pushing out legends ? This has been the preserve of the players up to this point. This isn't good enough. The CB shouldn't be involved in this kind of skullduggery. It should be left to the players and the fans.

With Donal O Grady, Allen, Justin McCarthy..etc on the black list, JBM would have been a massive win for the Cork GAA.
But, oh, no, no, no. They push out a legend who we were all looking forward to leading Cork again, we could not have asked for anyone better, and in they put.in the old boys and the executives got their men.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on August 31, 2009, 12:09:07 AM

And I suppose it's just a good thing the footballers haven't pissed off the CB as much as the footballers have.

Come again?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on August 31, 2009, 01:01:59 AM

Speaking of appointments Frank made for all the right reasons..the U21 manager/selectors were named the other day, resulting in furious Cork GAA people asking why, yet again.

JBM (that's Jimmy Barry Murphy lads..ie Dowling) was very interested in taking the U21 job, what a blessing we thought, the U21s have the potential, we've seen that, they've just been poorly run. So for the GAA public in Cork, it seemed too good to be true, has the CCB surprised us after all?

JBM-should have been falling over backwards to help him, get him what he wants. They should feel blessed that he wanted the job.
All the CCB had to do was 2 things. Not tell the media. Let him pick his own selectors.

They stick him with Gerald's old selectors..the Execs men, refusing to let him pick his own selectors.

They made him an offer he could refuse. And he did. They pushed JBM, THE JBM, away from the job, all so the execs could get their men in, never mind a chance of success. We can't have that now can we.

(Ger Fitzgerald (manager), Teddy McCarthy, John Mortell, Darragh Holland and Don Cronin for the U21s. Seanie McGrath a selector for the Minors.)

JBM, the latest to fall victim to the CCB's manipulation and incompitenceAnd as it was said on RebelGAA.."Jimmy Barry becomes the latest man to find out that this is not Tiananman Square. In Pairc Ui Chaoimh, the tanks don't stop."

You think after years of this crap that the CCB would learn, that they wouldn't be so confronting.

You think, anyone else would want to take cover for a bit, anyone else wouldn't have the balls to put in such a hated controversial character like Teddy McCarthy, especially so soon after the "incident," but to think that the CCB should get itself involved in another bout of administrative madness and pure incompetence, and in the process potentially damage Cork hurling more so then they have all ready.

I mean he's not a credible candidate, but yet he's getting such a high profile role with such an important team. Shocking, but not surprising one bit. Which is beyond depressing.

And is it any wonder why Aidan Walsh and Ciaran Sheehan are choosing football over hurling.

But I suppose, rewards come for those who act on behalf of the CCB or those who hang their heads in silence when what's needed really is a lions roar.

We'd the opportunity to have JBM as coach, but instead, thanks to pathetic little games, now he's the victim of the kind of maneuverings that have helped damage us in the first place. Of all people, he deserves better. He doesn't deserve to be another person who the CB walk over, just to get their way.

Clubs need to get their act together ahead of the Convention. Change must happen, or the same thing will happen over and over again, while the CCB, well they'll hide under bylaws and regulations and refuse to acknowledge the damage they are doing to Cork GAA.

The Cork GAA public is falling over itself trying to get over yet another smack in the face. It's unbelivable (well sadly it isn't actually) that they refuse to learn from the past.
I mean, what do they want the whole of the Cork clubs to turn against them more?
They were on the verge of a complete uprising..they didn't even blink. They refused to acknowledge the clubs, what we want, they've told us it doesn't matter, they've the rules on their side, we've no say. We don't matter.

This is hopefully the one big stick that the clubs can use to batter the board with come the conventions. They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for long enough.

They sat in silence..you think one of them would have siad something, you think one of them would have smelt a rat, just feckin one of them..

It sounds to me like there is only one thing for it so...one out all out..

Tatler Jack

Surely the GPA should call a strike now over this. Threaten next Sundays final - I am sure the Tipp and Kilkenny lads would gladly row in with support!!!!

orangeman

Quote from: Tatler Jack on August 31, 2009, 10:05:22 PM
Surely the GPA should call a strike now over this. Threaten next Sundays final - I am sure the Tipp and Kilkenny lads would gladly row in with support!!!!

I don't think the Cork footballers would lend their support this time around. I think they've copped on.

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on August 31, 2009, 12:09:07 AM

You could just admit that you didn't know..but never mind.

Success where? Intermediates, great, I was there, complete landslide in the second half, delighted for the lads. But success where else exactly?
Underage..no, no, no..don't think so.
Like I said, the ladies football and camogie have nothing to do with the CCB. Can't put it in more plain English then that.
The footballers, well that'd really be despite the CCB wouldn't it. And no success yet, hopefully that'll change come AI final day.

And I suppose it's just a good thing the footballers haven't pissed off the CB as much as the hurlers have.

Oh I know enough about ladies football Reillers but you believe what you want.

Quote from: Reillers on August 31, 2009, 01:01:59 AM

Speaking of appointments Frank made[/b] for all the right reasons..the U21 manager/selectors were named the other day, resulting in furious Cork GAA people asking why, yet again.

So what about the rest of the board?

Reillers

What do you mean about the rest of the board? It's all just one big happy family, they get what they want, the execs got their man as Frank and co, wanted their typical old boys back in, despite not doing anything to justify the decision, the fact that they did it so blatantly and so in your face was just another slap in the face. And they just expect us to sit here and take it, and just swallow the fact that they've done it again. But it's not like these young lads are going to say something now and ruin their chance at wearing the jersey in years to come, it shouldn't be expected of them to stand up to the boards, especially if the clubs wont.

Just the same old bull from the same old jokes of men. And you still have people questioning the strikes, it's unbelievable.
If they clubs forum report wasn't enough to prove how much of a joke this CCB is, then surely this does.

Of course they just don't give a damn. Never have, and ultimatley, never will.

dowling

Reillers yourself and Duffleking referred to 'Frank's appointments'. So who's making them? Frank or the county board?
As for the clubs' forum report, maybe the forum wasn't as representitive as was portrayed. To be honest Reillers I still haven't got round to an in-depth examination of the reccomendations , I apologise as I said I'd get back to you. From the look I had they would be hard to implement, mainly because they conflict with too many 'rules'. As to the forum though, why should the CB pay it any attention? They get elected through the offical forum and do the work.

Reillers

What do you mean Frank or the CCB, Frank Murphy is the CCB.

Oh ya, the clubs forum, of course they're at fault. Still haven't read the report..allright.
The report wont make the slightest bit of difference, to many byelaws and too many "rules" will be broken, and all that.

After all this time..and you still ask the questions that infurriate everyone in the Cork GAA public.

Why should the CCB listen to the clubs, the people they represent? God knows why. I mean how can you still be asking these questions?

You still don't understand..

3 strikes.

A near total rebellion of the clubs against their own board, it took just one meeting to bring all the clubs together, and I was told the energy in that room was something they hadn't seen in a long time. For the first time people were asking questions out loud. Shouting, venting their hate about the CCB.

They called for a vote, attendance for thoseclub meetings was a great turn out, all the clubs voted, and voted 100% against the CCB, and their response was, it doesn't matter a damn what they think.

The clubs form a forum after meeting independently from the players and the CCB, they formed a forum to try and stop anything like this happening again, they then put in an incredible amount of work into this report, and these men doing it are real GAA men, and they come up with this startling report that would put any normal CB to shame.
But the CCB's response was, we'll take a look at it, but it doesn't mean anything, it's powerless, it means f**k all and they'll crush it by finding a rule that it's breaking, some old rule that no one has ever heard of.

They then get, to any normal CB, the great news that JBM wants to take the U21 job, but for them it's a blow.
They then push away JBM, by sticking him with the boys as selectors and refusing him the ability to pick his own..any other normal CB would have let him pick, they would have bent over backwards to try and help and please a great coach like JBM who could bring us success..but oh, no, no, our CB makes him an offer they know he'll refuse.

And then they kick us all in the teeth by appointing these men, they put in such controversial characters as manager and selectors, people who have no business being in the job, who've done nothing to justify them getting the job. But they're part of the club so it doesn't matter a damn.
And hey, what can the clubs do..absolutely nothing.

Nobody wants these people in the job, with JBM we had hope, with these men..we've nothing but depression ahead.
In no other country would Teddy McCarthy have been given such a big role after being so blatantly involved in something like the strike. But they don't even respect that, and they just expect us to sit here, and do nothing. They don't try and stay off the radar, they don't try to lie low, they go out and blatantly, knowing what kind of response it would get, put them in place, knowing that it would be a kick in the guts.

And they can get away with it too..

The clubs never wanted anything that happened in the circumstances of the 3 strikes to happen.
If the clubs had the say they deserve then there would have been no need for an almost rebellion of the clubs against the CCB.
There would be no need for the club forum.
There would have been no need for a report.
They would have had JBM as coach for the U21s
They certainly wouldn't have appointed these men as selectors and such..

But hey why should the CB pay attention to anything the clubs want. That would be fools talk. They know nothing, they've no power.

dowling

Had another read at the report there. Some of it is grand and practical and other parts a little niave. But while the authors claim not to be seeking to usurp the CB that, in effect is what it's trying to do, even if there's the best of intentions. The forum is trying to tell the CB what to do but not be burdened with workload, responsibility or accountability. The CB would become puppets. As for the practical ideas and why they haven't already been implemented, especially if similar are already proving successful in other counties, I don't know. The CB might be able to give rational explanations however. And remember not all counties are doing the practical things this report recommends and they maybe have different reasons as to why not. It's all to easy to simplify lack of progress in areas in Cork as being the fault of one man, that desparado known as Frank Murphy. But it's not really rational.
But tell me this Reillers, and I'd like you to tell me the CB's stance, not your take on it. Why does the CB want to pick selectors? What do they feel they're achieving by this?

johnneycool

Did i hear correctly on the radio this morning that Frank has another year to go with the option of a further year after that?

Surely the opportunity to get rid of him was now and has passed by!!