Started by Lady GAA GAA, June 02, 2010, 03:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 07:03:19 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 02, 2010, 06:51:14 PM
The normalisation of politics here would help it along the way though

Aye we can see that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pndH-BP0B-g

We can all become good little loyalists and pledge our allegiance to the English Queen. That'll how we step along the road to Irish unity.

No, but I for one would love to vote based on issues like jobs, health, and schools just once!

Ulick

Wouldn't we all, but you'll not get to do so in a foreign parliament.

mc_grens

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 07:09:03 PM
Wouldn't we all, but you'll not get to do so in a foreign parliament.

I'm not saying I want to. I'd prefer if I was going home to Derry to vote in the Dail elections, all I'm saying is that from what I've seen in my time in Dublin the desire to welcome the occupied six back into a reunified Ireland is fading away.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

What about a united Ireland with the (reunited) Unionists holding the balance of power and Tánaiste Donaldson..
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

gallsman

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 06:50:49 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on June 02, 2010, 06:40:55 PM
You make a good point I suppose. It's just the feeling I get on a day-to-day basis. Maybe its a Dublin thing and the rest of the country is different?

I have no doubt there are many in the south who would like to get rid of us, particularly the west Brit celtic tiger generation, but pricks like that make the mistake of believing it is their country and their decision to make. Thankfully the political establishment, while probably sharing the similar views in private, know differently and as such would never dare campaign openly against reunification. I have no doubt a referendum would pass in the south by 70%, perhaps over 80% if the right deal was struck and a wave of patriotism washed over them.

Absolute bullshit. I know scores of people down here from all walks of life who don't give a f**k about the north. Just as relevant, I don't give a f**k about INLA members in Blanch and Crumlin wearing their Celtic tops and claiming to be republicans. I was in a taxi the other night with three mates who respectively supported Liverpool, Milan and Inter. Proper fans too, who go to matches and have season tickets in the San Siro. This twat of a driver tried to explain to us how his support of Celtic was legitimate because they're an "Irish" club despite the fact that he hasn't been to Glasgow in 13 years whereas the lads supporting English and Italian teams they had "no connection" with weren't real fans. It's this kind of dick I hate more than the "West Brits" Ulick loves to put down so much.

Ulick

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2010, 07:34:55 PM
You make a good point I suppose. It's just the feeling I get on a day-to-day basis. Maybe its a Dublin thing and the rest of the country is different?

I have no doubt there are many in the south who would like to get rid of us, particularly the west Brit celtic tiger generation, but pricks like that make the mistake of believing it is their country and their decision to make. Thankfully the political establishment, while probably sharing the similar views in private, know differently and as such would never dare campaign openly against reunification. I have no doubt a referendum would pass in the south by 70%, perhaps over 80% if the right deal was struck and a wave of patriotism washed over them.

Absolute bullshit. I know scores of people down here from all walks of life who don't give a f**k about the north. Just as relevant, I don't give a f**k about INLA members in Blanch and Crumlin wearing their Celtic tops and claiming to be republicans. I was in a taxi the other night with three mates who respectively supported Liverpool, Milan and Inter. Proper fans too, who go to matches and have season tickets in the San Siro. This t**t of a driver tried to explain to us how his support of Celtic was legitimate because they're an "Irish" club despite the fact that he hasn't been to Glasgow in 13 years whereas the lads supporting English and Italian teams they had "no connection" with weren't real fans. It's this kind of dick I hate more than the "West Brits" Ulick loves to put down so much.

Off on another rant there gallsman? Before you disappear again, perhaps you would like to explain the relevance of the INLA and soccer supporters to what I posted?

Farrandeelin

Well I still want a United Ireland ruled from Dublin, if that's any good to any of ye people in the occupied 6 counties.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gallsman

Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 07:40:38 PM

Absolute bullshit. I know scores of people down here from all walks of life who don't give a f**k about the north. Just as relevant, I don't give a f**k about INLA members in Blanch and Crumlin wearing their Celtic tops and claiming to be republicans. I was in a taxi the other night with three mates who respectively supported Liverpool, Milan and Inter. Proper fans too, who go to matches and have season tickets in the San Siro. This t**t of a driver tried to explain to us how his support of Celtic was legitimate because they're an "Irish" club despite the fact that he hasn't been to Glasgow in 13 years whereas the lads supporting English and Italian teams they had "no connection" with weren't real fans. It's this kind of dick I hate more than the "West Brits" Ulick loves to put down so much.

Off on another rant there gallsman? Before you disappear again, perhaps you would like to explain the relevance of the INLA and soccer supporters to what I posted?

You talked about West Brits - I'm pointing out a group you should maybe direct your ire towards more as they disgrace nationalism far, far more. What you call a "West Brit" barely exists. The Cruiser doesn't have too many heirs about the place. You have no f**king clue whatsoever what you're talking about.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 02, 2010, 07:44:09 PM
Well I still want a United Ireland ruled from Dublin, if that's any good to any of ye people in the occupied 6 counties.

Why does it have to be ruled from Dublin? In a new Ireland can we have new systems.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 02, 2010, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 02, 2010, 07:44:09 PM

Why does it have to be ruled from Dublin? In a new Ireland can we have new systems.

It could be ruled from Farrandeelin instead then. ;) (Yes, it is a place and does exist)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Lady GAA GAA, why are are you pro-union? I can get that you don't follow the nationalist way but what has the UK got that rocks your boat? Allegiance to a monarchy? Having the head of your countries as a higher being, for want of a better term, while you pay for it. Maybe the Scots or the Welsh tip the balance? You are where you are. Would you not just vote for whoever you think is up to the job of governing in the jurisdiction you find yourself in and pay no attention to the patriotic side of things. Best to grin and bear it during Amhrán na bhFiann too. ;)

Ulick

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2010, 07:49:40 PM
You talked about West Brits - I'm pointing out a group you should maybe direct your ire towards more as they disgrace nationalism far, far more. What you call a "West Brit" barely exists. The Cruiser doesn't have too many heirs about the place. You have no f**king clue whatsoever what you're talking about.

gallsman, if you've calmed down and actually asked for clarification on what I meant by the term instead of blowing your top, you'd probably find that my interpretation of it has little in common with 'The Cruiser'. If you had asked my opinion on the taxi driver you speak of, you might find I've little time for him either. Now instead of going off on a rant every time you see my handle, perhaps you would like to firstly think through what you are writing, because none of that has any relevance to the point I was making. Losing the bap like that does make you look like an awful w**ker.

Pangurban

It was interesting to hear Brian Cowen state that there would be serious consequences, if any Irish Citizens were harmed by the Israelis. This from the leader of a party that not only turned a blind Eye to the curfewing,abuse and gross mistreatment of Irish citizens on their own Island. Not only did refuse aid, but they actively collaborated with the abusers. The Israelis need not worry about FF bluster and blather, they are only tinkling cymbals, who wrap the green flag round them when there is a vote or a Euro in it. Lady GAA GAA makes some true observations, even if they have led him to the wrong conclusion

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: gallsman on June 02, 2010, 07:49:40 PM
Quote from: Ulick on June 02, 2010, 07:40:38 PM

Sorry but I fail to see the relevence of Celtic or Milan or the fecking San Siro to anything discussed on this thread.
Tbc....

Maguire01

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 02, 2010, 06:51:14 PM
I think it should be a 32 county state for pragmatic reasons such as the economy, health service, tourism and a host of other reasons
Not sure we'd be better off in terms of health service. If people voted on such issues I couldn't see too many in the 6 counties voting for unification on this one!