UEFA Charge Eduardo for Diving !

Started by Hoof Hearted, August 28, 2009, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie linkbox

Quote from: full back on August 28, 2009, 04:01:55 PM

And Wenger added: "I believe you can debate whether it is a penalty or not. But this charge implies there was intent and a desire to cheat the referee. Having seen again the pictures again, nothing is conclusive.

Surely then Arsene you'd agree that if there was no intent and that Eduardo had no desire to cheat he would have gone to the referee after the incident and admitted that it wasn't a penalty and that he wasn't looking for one  ::)

tyssam5

Quote from: charlie linkbox on August 28, 2009, 06:23:04 PM

And Wenger added: "I believe you can debate whether it is a penalty or not. But this charge implies there was intent and a desire to cheat the referee. Having seen again the pictures again, nothing is conclusive.

Surely then Arsene you'd agree that if there was no intent and that Eduardo had no desire to cheat he would have gone to the referee after the incident and admitted that it wasn't a penalty and that he wasn't looking for one  ::)

Indeed or deliberately missed the penalty if the referee was not swayed by his sportsmanlike argument.

deiseach

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 28, 2009, 06:20:13 PM
On the eduardo case, I think he was more antcipating contact and made he most of it, but was also terrified that Boruc may make contact with his leg.

If this is true, he shouldn't be back playing as he is suffering from some manner of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

The Real Laoislad

Only decent players like Robbie Fowler for example would do that  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhat possible connection has the ethos of GAA sport got to do with Eduardo cheating?

Cheating is cheating I don't categorise by sport and just because you believe Mulligan didn't dive doesn't make it any different, just like Giles on Eduardo the other night Spillane and O'Rourke accused Mulligan of cheating, just like Mulligan Eduardo is been singled out by pundits, in a consistant world surely this should piss you off but then on one hand you're a Tyrone fan and the other a Celtic fan and I would question your ability to be impartial.

QuoteWhat possible contradiction does my opinion on Spillane have with anything i have written on this thread?

Where is your condemnation of the armchair pundits Giles, he was as bad as Spillane and was an absolute thug on the pitch but yet you find nothing wrong in him singling out Eduardo like Spillane did Mulligan.

What has it to with efforts to sanction such cheats, as was perfectly demonstrated by Eduardo, and squash it out of the game as it is played at this level.

Nothing but where is the condemnation of players faking injuries, pretending goals weren't scored and playing on as normal, surely that is any even worse form of cheating and completely against the ethos and spirit of any game.
#newbridgeornowhere

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 28, 2009, 06:37:43 PM

Only decent players like Robbie Fowler for example would do that  :)
In all fairness Arshavin tried to do that last season.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

deiseach

When Wenger made his comments about "not seeing it" and admitting he was protecting his players before the season started, I was wondering what his new excuse would be. Now we know - insisting it wasn't a dive and daring the world to call his player a cheat. Well, I have no problem calling Eduardo what he is - a cheat (and before anyone points it out, Steven Gerrard is also a cheat).

orangeman

Proper order. This sort of thing needs stamped out.

The Watcher Pat

What's all this talk of retrospective banning....

Any chance of Rooney getting his ban for this one now...Maybe for 2moro's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ttK_ThHXc

Swings and roundabouts lads...Dont know what all the crying is about every team has got them decisions for and against them over the years.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Main Street

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 28, 2009, 06:40:21 PM
in a consistant world surely this should piss you off but then on one hand you're a Tyrone fan and the other a Celtic fan and I would question your ability to be impartial.

I am neither a Tyrone fan nor a Celtic fan.
I have never at anytime pretended to be either.
Do you understand the term "supporter" or has it become so degraded in EPL brainwashed ireland?

QuoteWhere is your condemnation of the armchair pundits Giles, he was as bad as Spillane and was an absolute thug on the pitch but yet you find nothing wrong in him singling out Eduardo like Spillane did Mulligan.

You have not a clue about Giles as a player on the pitch and I would stake a tidy sum that you did not see him play either

Let me put it  simply for you Dinny.
Mulligan did not cheat when he was accused by Splillane, not just my opinion.
Eduardo did cheat, not just my opinion

QuoteNothing but where is the condemnation of players faking injuries, pretending goals weren't scored and playing on as normal, surely that is any even worse form of cheating and completely against the ethos and spirit of any game.

I don't give a feck if a cheating player is from any one of Man u Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea  etc
Couldn't care less where the latest poncy arsed overpaid demasculated gobs is from. Couldn't care less what club Eduardo is from.
I am just glad that a cheat has been caught, and without doubt, totally comprimised, in the act of outragious cheating for all the world to see and that the people in Uefa who want to clean up this shite with sanctions will get some more support.

I paid good money for my plasma, I also have my honourable sensitivites to consider.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: deiseach on August 28, 2009, 06:37:00 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 28, 2009, 06:20:13 PM
On the eduardo case, I think he was more antcipating contact and made he most of it, but was also terrified that Boruc may make contact with his leg.

If this is true, he shouldn't be back playing as he is suffering from some manner of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
That may be true but Petr Cech seemed to be concious of his skull at the start of last season, which is fair enough to an extent, but if you watch the 3-0 suicide against United, you can see he is concious of the post for 2 of the goals.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Celt_Man

he is a cheat and deserves everything he gets... by not punishing the incident UEFA would be condoning it and in fairness they could never charge someone of diving if they didn't charge Eduardo - given how blatant the dive was.  His reaction while on the ground after he realises the penalty is given really sickens me as does Wenger half baked argument that he was trying to avoid another horrfic injury or whatever excuse he was shiting on about...

As all singling him out, he singled himself out with such a blatant dive in such a marquee and high profile game...

And I hope that this treatment of cheats is continued and it would go a long way to stamping it out
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

The Watcher Pat

So Celt Man...just bring the rules in when its against Celtic?

As arsene Wenger said he could give 10 examples from the matches in the last week when players tried to "deceive" the ref.......So by UEFA's rules if you try to deceive the referee you can be banned.....So by that logic if you call for a corner/throw in and you know it clearly isn't you are trying to deceive the referee into gaining a unfair advantage.......Same rules for every infringement after all you may score from the corner/throw....The Arsenal legal team will rip this charge to bits!!! All they have to do is produce evidence from other games and say charge everyone then.....And believe me it would be too costly for UEFA!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

It's great craic altogether. Wenger can be funny.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 28, 2009, 07:13:22 PM
What's all this talk of retrospective banning....

Any chance of Rooney getting his ban for this one now...Maybe for 2moro's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ttK_ThHXc

Swings and roundabouts lads...Dont know what all the crying is about every team has got them decisions for and against them over the years.

That one's nowhere near as clearcut Pat. Eduardo's stood out as particularly blantant, like Lafferty last year or Diouf a couple of seasons ago for Bolton.

What I think is strange is that had the referee recognised the fact that Eduardo was cheated, he'd have picked up only a yellow card and there'd have been no suspension yet now he's facing a (deserved) 2 match ban. There's an anomaly there. Maybe in cases where the ref thinks there's been a dive, he should just not award a penalty or free kick and look at the incident after the match to decide if a ban should be administered.

And the conspiracy theories about this being related to the United match today are hilarious.  :D
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead