EDUARDO CLEARED OF DIVING!!!!!

Started by guevara, September 15, 2009, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guevara

This must be a wind up surely?
How can Eduardo & Mr Wenger stand by their claims that he was tripped? If there was the minimal contact that they are suggesting it couldnt have brought him down in the manner he fell.
Another c**k Up by Uefa! All empty promises of removing cheats from the game & they go back on their word!

Rio Ferdinand got banned for 8 months for missing a Drugs test, Paddy Kenny is currently banned for supposedly cheating yet something that is there for all to see is left unpunished?

It will come back to haunt Wenger I think in a really important game Arsenal are going get beat by a last minute penalty when someones took a dodgy dive I hope!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Hound

Get over it.

1. Diving is a yellow card offence, so how on earth uefa thought they could get away with a 2 match ban, I don't know.

2. There was contact by Boruc, replays prove that. Therefore Eduardo was entitled to go down to seek the penalty. That's what happens in soccer. There is barely a striker in Europe who won't go down when he is contacted in the box. People who can't accept that shouldnt watch soccer coz it'll only annoy them.

anportmorforjfc

there is an arsenal thread, as i have been told before. Don't want to upset the soccer haters.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hound on September 15, 2009, 01:46:21 PM
Get over it.

1. Diving is a yellow card offence, so how on earth uefa thought they could get away with a 2 match ban, I don't know.

2. There was contact by Boruc, replays prove that. Therefore Eduardo was entitled to go down to seek the penalty. That's what happens in soccer. There is barely a striker in Europe who won't go down when he is contacted in the box. People who can't accept that shouldnt watch soccer coz it'll only annoy them.
contact when he was most of the way down you mean !

think that this chance to clean up soccer has been missed through this spinelessness decision reverse !

Hound

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 15, 2009, 02:00:20 PM
Get over it.

think that this chance to clean up soccer has been missed through this spinelessness decision reverse !
And it would be fair to ban Eduardo when there was contact, and let McGeady off for his blatant dive?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Hound on September 15, 2009, 02:02:51 PM
Get over it.

And it would be fair to ban Eduardo when there was contact, and let McGeady off for his blatant dive?
ban all divers, including mcgeady if his was a dive.
However in the penalty area with no contact even close  before going down, eduardos was as bad as it can get in the diving stakes.
but yes -ban them all !

GalwayBayBoy

Ridiculous decision alright although sadly rather predictable. Was as clear a dive as you ever will see. Seems to be an invitation to divers everywhere that they will get away with it.

gallsman

Silly decision but where Rio Ferdinand comes into it I'm not sure. He lied about reasons for missing a test- 8 months was lenient.

Main Street

The ref Gonzalez still stood by his decision to award that penalty.

It's way past the time that he be demoted.

It would be a strange one for UEFA to uphold the sanction when the ref still stood vehemently behind his decision.

magpie seanie

The whole thing now makes a joke, excuse me - an even bigger joke, of UEFA and vindicates Wenger's staunch defense of his player. There is no will in the upper echelons of the game of soccer to tackle this curse - that is now clear. It is an unwritten rule. They should remove the rule about booking lads for diving as it is contradictory to the ethos of the game.

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2009, 03:16:48 PM
The whole thing now makes a joke, excuse me - an even bigger joke, of UEFA and vindicates Wenger's staunch defense of his player. There is no will in the upper echelons of the game of soccer to tackle this curse - that is now clear. It is an unwritten rule. They should remove the rule about booking lads for diving as it is contradictory to the ethos of the game.

+1

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Hound on September 15, 2009, 02:02:51 PM
Get over it.

You do realise McGeady was sent off??

fitzroyalty

what else would you expect from a sport played by overpaid faggy nancy boys???

guevara

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 15, 2009, 05:37:56 PM
what else would you expect from a sport played by overpaid faggy nancy boys???

Typical response from small minded GAA supporter.
Aidan O'Mahony done pretty much as bad remember?? That make any GAA players who have exagerrated an injury or collision to gain an advantage "faggy nancy boys"??

My point is Uefa had a clear chance here to set a tone on divers (All of them) were if they dived & were caught then they got banned , simple.
But this dramatic climb down probably means that Uefa will have more appeals than the GAA has  ;D
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan