Admission fees for Ulster Club Games

Started by Bitta-Banter, October 19, 2008, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitta-Banter

Went to Newry for Mayobridge V St Galls,it was the only match on and them ulster council bastards charged £12 in.This is an absolute disgrace for a wet day in October.There wasnt that big a crowd at the game either.An official also argued with me that my brother was over 16 when he is in fact 15.
They certainly arent looking after their supporters by charging such prices and if this continues ill have to think seriously about goin.

stiffler

No student prices available either.....when i asked about this the guy at the turnstile said 'its not croke park you know!'  ???

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ExiledGael

Have to agree. Went along myself instead of lying at home watching the rugby, I know what I'll be doing next time.
f**king 24 quid for me and younger brother, also 16 but had to pay full price. No student rate for him and then no programs anywhere in the ground after being sent in different directions by various stewards.
Sometimes I really wonder what the hell the GAA are trying to do exactly.

imtommygunn

To any other provincial posters who are interested - how much is it into a leinster / munster / connacht club championship match be it football or hurling?

maggie

Paid a fiver into the county final in london-programme was two quid.
There were 3 matches on-ok maybe not the best calibre of football in the world but still a good day out.
Also got a burger for two quid.

imtommygunn

15 euros they charge as an alternative to sterling...

Doire abú

Oh, by the way. I found the keys to your car, and I drove it into a big wall.

behind the wire

just mentioned the issue of price on the down thread. absolute disgrace. people who go out to see club football on a cold and wet october day shouldnt be treated like that. the gaa talk about grassroots supporters etc, well yesterdays crowd would have been as close to totally grass roots supporters as they are going to get! i think that will be the last ulster club match il be at for a while.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Bitta-Banter

Still cant get over that shite that the price yesterday.Who makes the decision to charge £12 in yesterday??

T O Hare

the price was a disgrace!!!!! and a crap programme to go with it, surely the Ulster council employs enough staff to come up with a bette production than a white A4 piece of paper
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

tonesfirstandlast

I went to Coalisland today to give support to my club mate Damian cassidy. Could not beleive the admission price of £12. How can the Ulstetr Council justify this price. I met families going home. There was mayhem around the gates as supporters could not come to terms with the price. I saw two parents with two teenage daughters no older than 15 years trying to gather up the necessary £48 to gain entrance. I saw young boys and girls standing outside, not allowed in to support their teams. The programme at £2 was nothing more than a list of teams who weren't even playing at this venue.
Hang your head in shame Ulster Council, if this is how you are going to promote Gaelic games among the youth and grass roots  and i think you are certainly not in touch with the grass roots.

Tyrone Dreamer

£12 in to watch a club game is far to much and is penalising decent supporters. Who ever is coming up with the prices is out of touch with reality. I'd guess they get into these games for free. I dont think this is doing anything to promote the games - the gaa is not a profit making organistation.

FromAFar

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 02, 2008, 09:59:04 PM
I went to Coalisland today to give support to my club mate Damian cassidy. Could not beleive the admission price of £12. How can the Ulstetr Council justify this price. I met families going home. There was mayhem around the gates as supporters could not come to terms with the price. I saw two parents with two teenage daughters no older than 15 years trying to gather up the necessary £48 to gain entrance. I saw young boys and girls standing outside, not allowed in to support their teams. The programme at £2 was nothing more than a list of teams who weren't even playing at this venue.
Hang your head in shame Ulster Council, if this is how you are going to promote Gaelic games among the youth and grass roots  and i think you are certainly not in touch with the grass roots.

I agree completely.

I was in casement today. No sign of student rate etc. Also on a slightly different note i think the coverage of the ulster club champ is a disgrace!

aroundincircles

Nieve or not the man is dead right same c**ts set prices get in for f**k all. A DISGRACE BUT CLUBS AND ORDINARY 5/8 DOES NOT COUNT IN GAA ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aroundincircles

FAIR ENOUGH 12 QUID I HUSBAND 1WIFE 2 CHILDREN AT 15 AND 16 IS 48 QUID......... 40 QUID LAST SUNDAY AND 28 FOR THREE WEEK ENDS BEFORE THAT.