Admission fees for Ulster Club Games

Started by Bitta-Banter, October 19, 2008, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

A fiver in would have been enough to any of the Ulster club champ games.

12 quid is ripping the piss.

Is anyone aware of the overheads involved in actually having the game? (ground insurance etc)
i usse an speelchekor

donelli

This item was carried on the sports section of bbc newsline yesterday.
They interviewed a sample of people coming out of the match. Most people complained about the pricing into the game.

cavan4ever

Quote from: donelli on November 11, 2008, 02:14:26 PM
This item was carried on the sports section of bbc newsline yesterday.
They interviewed a sample of people coming out of the match. Most people complained about the pricing into the game.

Yeah they were in Cross and didn't even give the score of the match.

Tyrone Dreamer

Although I think £12 is too dear, Im not sure if its not bad of value if you compared it to the rugby friendly in Croke Park today for example. I'm sure it was 40 or 50 euro into anyway (maybe more) and on tv it came across pretty dull and was as pointed out above only a friendly.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: mcivor88 on November 16, 2008, 03:28:39 AM
Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2008, 08:48:21 PM
Sure what else would you be spending £12 on, on a Sunday?

Nothing on a Sunday, if it wasn't for football i wouldn't leave the house in Sunday, but it could be spent on feeding your family's during the week. If you have a family of 4 going to the game, that's £44.

I'm paying £5 tomorrow, if they don't accept it,i'll throw the wains over the gate and i'll jump her. Not everyone like yourself can afford to live the high life and throw money away.

Its a amateur sport!!! charge amateur prices. I'll support my club through thick and thin, but when it comes to putting food on the table for my family, i'll not be paying extreme prices!!! It's sick, no one can justify these prices... insurance my ass.... i've never seen one person hurt at a game or claim or anything. I'll be attending no ulster county games from now on as you never know what you will have to pay at the gate.... not even advertised... Ulster council are scum!!!

And if you follow through on this, I sincerely hope you are ejected from the ground.

As for your insurance comment, I've never heard anything as ridiculous in my life. Just as one example, a couple of years back, a spectator had her arm broken after a ball was kicked by Oisin McConville into the crowd from a free.

And the Ulster Council may be many things, including slightly greedy and possibly a little out of touch - but aren't "scum".
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

aroundincircles

Would not say they are scum either but they are out of touch on prices. The reception that danny murphy gave my club {clonoe} representive over the phone over a request to put ulster club game with st eunans was beyound belieif as i say not scum but an ignorant hatefull dog to speak to a fellow geal he the way he did. He only works for the gaa he does not f**kin own it.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'm paying £5 tomorrow, if they don't accept it,i'll throw the wains over the gate and i'll jump her.
So how did you get on?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

under the bar

I'm paying £5 tomorrow, if they don't accept it,i'll throw the wains over the gate

I doubt if they'll mess with a man who'll throw his kids over a gate to save a few quid!  :o

Leo

Quote from: aroundincircles on November 16, 2008, 04:01:35 PM
Would not say they are scum either but they are out of touch on prices. The reception that danny murphy gave my club {clonoe} representive over the phone over a request to put ulster club game with st eunans was beyound belieif as i say not scum but an ignorant hatefull dog to speak to a fellow geal he the way he did. He only works for the gaa he does not f**kin own it.

Is Danny Murphy the new Frank Murphy?
Cannot comment on your experience, but would say that GAA officials (ESPECIALLY paid officials) who fail to understand that they are there to represent the ordinary members and act accordingly need their wings clipped.
Fierce tame altogether

orangeman

Quote from: aroundincircles on November 16, 2008, 04:01:35 PM

Does he not ?