Admission fees for Ulster Club Games

Started by Bitta-Banter, October 19, 2008, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

That was fairly stupid - I don't know about today but a 15 and 16 year old would have gotten into all the Tyrone club games for free.

aroundincircles

WOULD PAY 100 POUND IN IF I HAD THE MONEY.. BUT THINGS ARE TIGHT FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE AT THE MINUTE

Gnevin

Quote from: aroundincircles on November 02, 2008, 10:28:38 PM
WOULD PAY 100 POUND IN IF I HAD THE MONEY.. BUT THINGS ARE TIGHT FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE AT THE MINUTE

Is it so tight you can't even afford a working keyboard?

How much do you think you should of paid?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

aroundincircles

milltown row

stop shouting, £12 was steep no doubt, but what ya do? thats the price. 55 quid into croke park!!!! but sure

aroundincircles

aroundincircles

When we are on about prices went to tyrone minor final replay yesterday some value for 4 quid ardboe 6 behind 5 minutes to go too win by 1 some come back.By jaysus that klye coney a very frustrating footballer. Beat them nearly on his own when he took the notion. As i say some value for 4 leevers.

imtommygunn

http://ulster.gaa.ie/contact/

What you do is you go here and you complain.

Croke Park has significant overheads and while there are associated overheads for the ulster club matches they are not in the same league.

There are 3 things I would say about paying this:
1. there should be a band
2. there should be a good programme
3. there should be appropriate concessions for students,minos and senior citizens. To charge a 16 year old 12 quid is a joke.

IMO £8 is the right amount that should be paid for these games.

Going to a double/triple header and paying 12 quid I have no problem with. Again points 1,2 and 3 should be addressed appropriately though.

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

aroundincircles

I think you should pay on the way out based on entertainment. ;D

aroundincircles

i would have given them 2 grand all the same 8)

bennydorano

Is Coney going to be around for the Ulster Minor club champ or is he offski?

Kentucky Blue

£12 into Ballinascreen. Again, bit of disbelief from everyone concerned.

Dunno if you can have qualms with the club men at the turnstiles, its technically not their fault but i witnessed a lot of people getting very frustrated and engaging in heated discussions.

The alternative is, not going to the game and voting with your feet. Doing this however means you would sacrifice seeing your team and no one will do that really, ulster council have people by the short and curly's!  >:(
£12 will surely discourage a lot of neutrals from attending id imagine.

should take a hard look at themselves, above all times during a bloody credit crunch.
Let's hope common sense wont be lost for the next round of games.

Hardy

We're great at setting ourselves up for maximum hassle, conflict and misunderstanding. The administration of the GAA still too often looks like the half-arsed, "ah sure it'll be grand", back-of-a-fag-box planning and attention to detail that the rest of society has left behind. And particularly the Ulster Council, if my limited dealings with them are anything to go by, not to mention well-publicised incidents like cash proceeds from the turnstiles being hijacked from the back of some official's car!

Why is it beyond the wit of our myriad paid administrators at either provincial or national level to work out and publish a schedule of admission charges for all levels annually. It's very basic marketing. Take the usual factors into account - demand, competition, economic climate, etc. Do a bit of consultation with the other levels of the organisation; ensure people understand the trade-offs - if you demand lower ticket prices, understand income will be lower and your grant for facilities, etc. will reflect that.

It's not too much to ask that paying customers going to a match should know in advance what it's going to cost, know what next week's match will cost as well and also not have to witness nod-and-wink admissions for friends, committee members, etc. Knowing how much a programme will cost would be nice too, as would knowing before you buy it whether it will be a photocopied A4  sheet with last week's team or an actual programme.

We're eight years into the 21st century already.