Admission fees for Ulster Club Games

Started by Bitta-Banter, October 19, 2008, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

£8/€10 would seem like an acceptable admision price into an Ulster Club game.

The problem with these officals setting prices is that they never have to pay in.  ::)

Have been on the gate at my local club before. Always questioned why a county board offical is allowed gain entry free of charge into standard club games while the rest of us are expected to pay in(as should be the case).

imtommygunn

Are prices set in euros or sterling for these games by the ulster council?

One thing that could be the case, quite possibly, is that they are setting the prices in euros and not taking into account how much the pound has been weakening against it.

15 yoyo a few years ago would have been a lot less £££...

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

orangeman

Were under 16s allowed in free of charge does anyone know ?

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: orangeman on November 03, 2008, 01:49:01 PM

Yes, but they were challenging them claiming that some were over sixteen. Anyhow, where would a 17 year old still at school get £12 yesterday to gain admission?

As far as paying for their staff, I think that this is part of trhe problem and that a big reduction in their staff wouldn't be noticed as far as production would be concerned.

orangeman

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 03, 2008, 02:48:29 PM

Yes, but they were challenging them claiming that some were over sixteen. Anyhow, where would a 17 year old still at school get £12 yesterday to gain admission?

As far as paying for their staff, I think that this is part of trhe problem and that a big reduction in their staff wouldn't be noticed as far as production would be concerned.

Where were the parents ? This usually sorts out all arguments - or surrogate parents ?

tyrone86

I think the bulk of the current posts within the Ulster Council are funded by Croke Park and/or various agencies - so I'd doubt whether that can be used as justification for charging £12.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 03, 2008, 03:18:53 PM

I think the bulk of the current posts within the Ulster Council are funded by Croke Park and/or various agencies - so I'd doubt whether that can be used as justification for charging £12.

I think you're right there 86 !

wherefromreferee?

Could the semi finals be £15 and the final £18/£20, or is the £12 fixed for the rest of the games?
In your Endo!

imtommygunn

The hurling final was £12 so I'd guess it would be consistent.

Something should seriously be done about this. u18s should not be paying 12 quid.

wherefromreferee?

Just looking through the general discussion thread, it's £8 to fly to America, yet its £12 to watch St Galls agin Cavan Gaels.
In your Endo!

bennydorano

Double header in Armagh this weekend, Senior & Int champs, what's that going to cost us?

billy the kid

The prices are def a joke and something has to be done, but there is no point eating the head of the men at the turnstiles, especially at club grounds where they have probably been forced into it by club committee, as they are just doing what they are told.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

The GAA

Wasn't there an ulster council man posting on here flat out during the McKenna Cup. If they're happy to post here for their own PR purposes maybe they can post to justify this ludicrus policy?

ExiledGael

I see wee Martin having a dig at the prices in the Star today, hopefully the Ulster council will have to respond in some way.