Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:23:35 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:20:03 PM
Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:16:16 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:15:11 PM
Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:13:06 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:07:52 PM
Not sure what it has to do with OWC?

He's one of you - would his views be typical of the average OWC supporter?

I didn't know he was one of me :o

Sorry, meant to include this link with that:

http://uk.myspace.com/votearmstrong1

I've recently taken up golf but wouldn't say I was an avid golfer.  I still think some reflection and soul searching is required on my part right enough.

would his views be typical of the average OWC supporter?

FFS! Would his views be typical of your average avid Golfer which he also claims to be?

If he posted what he posted on OWC I have no doubt that he would have been dealt with in the same way there as he was here.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:35:05 PM

If he posted what he posted on OWC I have no doubt that he would have been dealt with in the same way there as he was here.

Really? I would have doubts.

red hander

Quote from: full back on October 14, 2008, 12:28:36 PM
Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:15:46 PM
http://www.ballymenatimes.com/news/Armstrong-wont-give-up-Council.4586772.jp

Armstrong won't give up Council post

"This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office "
Cllr. Neill Armstrong

13 October 2008
By Des Blackadder
BALLYMENA Councillor Neill Armstrong has pledged to continue his political career despite being at the centre of a 'distressing' internet impersonation scam last week.
The UUP representative admitted he had been stunned and angered when he was made aware that he was being impersonated on a GAA web site by someone making 'outrageous and inflammatory comments' under his name.

Cllr. Armstrong, who represents Ballymena North, told the Times: "I have no idea who is doing this or what their motives are and I immediately requested that the comments be removed, which I understand has been done.

"I would wish to completely disassociate myself from the comments which in no way reflect my views. I am happy to stand on my public record as a councillor over the past eight years where I have treated all constituents equally and have always opposed violence or extremism in any form."

He added: "This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office by bigots from whatever quarter and will continue to serve people from all sections of the community in Ballymena equally."

The full article contains 197 words and appears in n/a newspaper.
Page 1 of 1

Why the fcuk wont anyone ask him about the other comments? (bar the NL, who touched on it)

They would do if he would answer his mobile phone to unrecognised numbers of reply to his emails ... I know of at least two Sunday tabloid reporters who have been trying to talk to the man who said he was willing to talk to anyone about the disgraceful comments he didn't make...

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:43:08 PM

So you think the average OWC fan thinks like him?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

nifan

I would say the average OWCer doesnt think anyone form this thread should be taken out and shot.

TacadoirArdMhacha

"This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office "
Cllr. Neill Armstrong

13 October 2008
By Des Blackadder
BALLYMENA Councillor Neill Armstrong has pledged to continue his political career despite being at the centre of a 'distressing' internet impersonation scam last week.
The UUP representative admitted he had been stunned and angered when he was made aware that he was being impersonated on a GAA web site by someone making 'outrageous and inflammatory comments' under his name.

Cllr. Armstrong, who represents Ballymena North, told the Times: "I have no idea who is doing this or what their motives are and I immediately requested that the comments be removed, which I understand has been done.

"I would wish to completely disassociate myself from the comments which in no way reflect my views. I am happy to stand on my public record as a councillor over the past eight years where I have treated all constituents equally and have always opposed violence or extremism in any form."

He added: "This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office by bigots from whatever quarter and will continue to serve people from all sections of the community in Ballymena equally."

Page 1 of 1

So what about the rest of the bard's comments Neill? Were they yours? Any chance of a journalist properly questioning him on this?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

red hander

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 14, 2008, 01:09:07 PM

Cllr. Neill Armstrong

13 October 2008
By Des Blackadder

Page 1 of 1

So what about the rest of the bard's comments Neill? Were they yours? Any chance of a journalist properly questioning him on this?

They would do, if he would answer his phone to them or reply to his emails ... Neil, if you're reading the board, this isn't going to go away anytime soon ;)

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:56:13 PM
Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:43:08 PM

So you think the average OWC fan thinks like him?

No idea, that's what I asked you.

Donagh

Quote from: nifan on October 14, 2008, 01:05:33 PM
I would say the average OWCer doesnt think anyone form this thread should be taken out and shot.

And the rest of his comments nifan?

nifan

Whats average?

Id say some agree with some of them others not.

his holiness nb

I am now determined that I will not be driven from office by bigots  

Most ironic statement in quite some time.

I presume the bigots he refers to are the posters here who are merely asking very valid questions about his posts on here.
So he wants us dead, and we are bigots for pointing this out.

Neill, its only a matter of time before a paper or radio show is found with the balls to look at all the facts and let your voters make up their minds.

This wont go away you know  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

Given some of the other specimens that pass for politicians up here he might be able to remain

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on October 14, 2008, 01:05:33 PM

Hmmmmm Sickboy......................
Tbc....

nifan