Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

orangeman

full back

Norf Tyrone

I never bother too much with the political threads on here too much (See Fionn's comments). I have not seen any of the papers to prompt me, but wondered how the fook is this thread at 20 odd pages, and as an aside I wondered who the feck is this Neil Armstrong that is getting mentioned on other threads.

Now I know  :D

PS... I am crap at English, but I do know that I, as in me, should be a biggun and not a weeun.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:07:52 PM
Not sure what it has to do with OWC?

He's one of you - would his views be typical of the average OWC supporter?

full back

If it was an SDLP or SF councillor there would be an influx of posts from OWCers
Anyone who says different is full of sh1t

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:13:06 PM

I didn't know he was one of me :o

Donagh

http://www.ballymenatimes.com/news/Armstrong-wont-give-up-Council.4586772.jp

Armstrong won't give up Council post

"This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office "
Cllr. Neill Armstrong

13 October 2008
By Des Blackadder
BALLYMENA Councillor Neill Armstrong has pledged to continue his political career despite being at the centre of a 'distressing' internet impersonation scam last week.
The UUP representative admitted he had been stunned and angered when he was made aware that he was being impersonated on a GAA web site by someone making 'outrageous and inflammatory comments' under his name.

Cllr. Armstrong, who represents Ballymena North, told the Times: "I have no idea who is doing this or what their motives are and I immediately requested that the comments be removed, which I understand has been done.

"I would wish to completely disassociate myself from the comments which in no way reflect my views. I am happy to stand on my public record as a councillor over the past eight years where I have treated all constituents equally and have always opposed violence or extremism in any form."

He added: "This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office by bigots from whatever quarter and will continue to serve people from all sections of the community in Ballymena equally."

The full article contains 197 words and appears in n/a newspaper.
Page 1 of 1

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:15:11 PM

Sorry, meant to include this link with that:

http://uk.myspace.com/votearmstrong1

Chrisowc

Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:16:16 PM

I've recently taken up golf but wouldn't say I was an avid golfer.  I still think some reflection and soul searching is required on my part right enough.

Donagh

Quote from: Chrisowc on October 14, 2008, 12:20:03 PM
Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:16:16 PM

I've recently taken up golf but wouldn't say I was an avid golfer.  I still think some reflection and soul searching is required on my part right enough.

would his views be typical of the average OWC supporter?

full back

Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:15:46 PM
http://www.ballymenatimes.com/news/Armstrong-wont-give-up-Council.4586772.jp

Armstrong won't give up Council post

"This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office "
Cllr. Neill Armstrong

13 October 2008
By Des Blackadder
BALLYMENA Councillor Neill Armstrong has pledged to continue his political career despite being at the centre of a 'distressing' internet impersonation scam last week.
The UUP representative admitted he had been stunned and angered when he was made aware that he was being impersonated on a GAA web site by someone making 'outrageous and inflammatory comments' under his name.

Cllr. Armstrong, who represents Ballymena North, told the Times: "I have no idea who is doing this or what their motives are and I immediately requested that the comments be removed, which I understand has been done.

"I would wish to completely disassociate myself from the comments which in no way reflect my views. I am happy to stand on my public record as a councillor over the past eight years where I have treated all constituents equally and have always opposed violence or extremism in any form."

He added: "This has caused myself and my family great distress but I am now determined that I will not be driven from office by bigots from whatever quarter and will continue to serve people from all sections of the community in Ballymena equally."

The full article contains 197 words and appears in n/a newspaper.
Page 1 of 1

Why the fcuk wont anyone ask him about the other comments? (bar the NL, who touched on it)

Donagh

Quote from: full back on October 14, 2008, 12:28:36 PM
Why the fcuk wont anyone ask him about the other comments? (bar the NL, who touched on it)

AFAIK this paper and most of the locals are owned by John Taylor, ex UUP MP.

full back

Quote from: Donagh on October 14, 2008, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: full back on October 14, 2008, 12:28:36 PM

AFAIK this paper and most of the locals are owned by John Taylor, ex UUP MP.

:D
That explains it

Although it doesnt explain the spineless reporting by the Irish News