Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonto

Quote from: Mentalman on October 14, 2008, 11:48:31 PM
Quote from: Tonto on October 14, 2008, 11:31:01 PM
this kind of stereotype that you seem intent on promoting (or at least implying) that themmuns're all the same is the very reason that people like the Bard (alledgedly) hold views like they do.

Very dodgy logic there. Just because someone presumes you hold one set of views is no justification for you in fact actually holding those beliefs.

I meant that the logic that "the other side" are all the same is the reason for so much distrust because if you can't trust one, you can't trust any.  If one deserved to be "taken out and shot", they all deserve it.

pintsofguinness

Yes tonto it's our fault Mr Armstrong would like to see us dead.  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tonto

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 14, 2008, 11:58:17 PM
Yes tonto it's our fault Mr Armstrong would like to see us dead.  ::)

Eh?

Who said that?  I said that when people try to put others in neat little boxes that bigoted and stereotypical views spread, I was only saying that an example of that was SS2 and Donagh's entirely irrelevant reference to "owcers" as if they would be able to shed some light on how why themmuns feel like that.

Zapatista

I see now the impostor out on a path destroy Armstrong's life created an account in Armstrong's name also. I didn't see any of these posts. The only offencive posts I seen were from 'the bard of dunclug' which is Armstrong's own account. Is this story in the Newsletter right?

this week postings began appearing in his own name,

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/UUP-councillor-caught-up-in.4581052.jp

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tonto on October 14, 2008, 11:31:01 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 14, 2008, 09:34:02 PM
Straw poll time then owcers.

1. Do you, like the bard of dunclug (or whoever hacked into his account), think the famine song is acceptable?

Yes / No.

Next question to follow when this thread threatens to dip off page 1.

Why are you asking "owcers" that question?  The Bard, AFAIK, is not/has not been a member of OWC and, even if he was, this kind of stereotype that you seem intent on promoting (or at least implying) that themmuns're all the same is the very reason that people like the Bard (alledgedly) hold views like they do.

I am not implying anything, quite the opposite in fact. The allegation about yousuns (specifically NI fans) was made, I don't agree with the allegation. So, given that the vast majority of NI fans on this site also post on owc, it seems reasonable to address my question to owcers.

I would be 100% confident that I already know the answer MW, nifan and ChrisOWC for starters will provide. Hardly then in the best interests of someone attempting to promote a stereotype if I know several responses will not conform to that stereotype.

Now answer the question you contemptible, anonymous lunatic.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Tonto

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 15, 2008, 08:44:11 AM
I am not implying anything, quite the opposite in fact. The allegation about yousuns (specifically NI fans) was made, I don't agree with the allegation. So, given that the vast majority of NI fans on this site also post on owc, it seems reasonable to address my question to owcers.

I would be 100% confident that I already know the answer MW, nifan and ChrisOWC for starters will provide. Hardly then in the best interests of someone attempting to promote a stereotype if I know several responses will not conform to that stereotype.

Sorry, I actually did laugh out loud I read that last bit, fair play! :D

I still don't think the question is relevant, though, so I don't see why it should be asked...

Arthur_Friend

Donagh

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on October 15, 2008, 09:00:45 AM
How on earth did this thread get to be about the OWC?

The Bard is a member of OWC and it was asked if he would be banned over there if he made the same comments. I was just curious because I was recently banned from there for comments I made here and I was wondering if they'd be doing the same to the Bard.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Tonto on October 15, 2008, 08:52:11 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 15, 2008, 08:44:11 AM

Sorry, I actually did laugh out loud I read that last bit, fair play! :D

I still don't think the question is relevant, though, so I don't see why it should be asked...

I thought I might have been reported. The phrase is copyrighted by the moderator of the message board on the official Antrim GAA website. It refers to all posters on gaaboard.com - a real stereotype if you like.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Arthur_Friend

"The Bard is a member of OWC and it was asked if he would be banned over there if he made the same comments. I was just curious because I was recently banned from there for comments I made here and I was wondering if they'd be doing the same to the Bard."

Well, if you follow that logic then I spose he should be banned, all things being equal.

full back

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on October 15, 2008, 10:51:41 AM
Well, if you follow that logic then I spose he should be banned, all things being equal.

All things are equal, just like Animal Farm :-\

nifan

Donagh